2,860 results
All reviews ciel bleu serre restaurant teppanyaki restaurant michelin starred restaurants health club pillow menu corner room executive floor turn down service de pijp city centre five star hotel top floor junior suite beautiful hotel rooftop bar business trip
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Been at this Japanese hotel for a conference. Super comfortable, upgraded to suit at 12th floor. Nice view of peripheral Amsterdam. Staff very nice they helpef on any matter, including asking for a copy of a nice booklet normally for the room. Excellent breakfast although expensive. Happened to dine in there Blue in the Sky restaurant which, I did not know, is a 2 Michelin star restaurant. A superb dining experience but be ready for the bill: 263 Euros for 2 people. But talent is priceless, isn’t it? Met the chef and visited the kitchen to complete a very nice evening!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. Comments of guests enable us to further improve our product and the services offered and are highly appreciated.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us during a conference and I am most grateful to receive your very positive feedback, which I will happily share with the team. It is great hearing you have had good feelings about our comfortable suite on the 12th floor, with the very special views included. Herewith, also glad to hear you have encountered our staff as very nice and helpful. Furthermore, excellent you have liked our two Michelin restaurant Ciel Bleu!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The staff was both delightful and well-mannered and clearly there to help, and help was always provided with an honest smile. The suite we were gratefully upgraded to was perfect, with electric curtains which could be opened and closed at the press of a button on both sides of the bed. Large and bathed in sunlight - even the bathroom had the sun streaming in through large windows. The swimming pool was actually quite big for a hotel and the cherry on the cake was the crushed ice coming out of a machine in the shower room (perfect for putting in a folded towel and placing on the eyes while one relaxes after a sauna). All in all, I dare say we very much look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you can, choose suite n°610
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill in your comments on TripAdvisor and share your positive experiences with us about you recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. This is much appreciated and works very motivating for our team members.

We are always trying to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is extremely rewarding to receive positive feedback about our well-mannered and delightful staff, the suite, bathroom and our swimming pool in Nagomi Health. I am very happy to hear that you have experienced the high level of service we set out to deliver to our guests throughout their stay.

Great hearing you are looking forward to return. If you have any questions or remarks, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights at this amazing hotel.

The room was just lovely with beautiful views over the city. The rooftop bar served brilliant cocktails looking out over Amsterdam.

We treated ourselves to room service at breakfast times a few times and even though it was pricey, it was definitely worth it. Would love to return at some point.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam. Compliments of guests reaches our staff and it is working very motivating.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am most grateful to receive your very positive feedback. It is great hearing you have had 4 amazing nights here, with a lovely room and the special views of the city. Also great hearing the cocktails worked our perfect for you in our Twenty Third bar, as well as the room service for breakfast.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future since you would love to return to us.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Somehow the choice for this 5 star establishment can only rightfully be made when the traveler makes full use of the excellent Japanese and French restaurants in this hotel. If not, the traveler will be disappointed. It simply cannot match the Japanese perfection the hotel's name implies. The service level is average, the decor dated and there are some serious issues: the airconditiong is noisy with faulty switch panels, the light system is hard to operate and malfunctioning, strange sounds from the elevator shafts. The top floor bar is hot and with uncomfortable, even akward seating, and its pundits clad in t-shirts and jeans; the presence of a security official adds a sinister touch to the place: what is expected to happen there? Today there are much better 5 star hotels in Amsterdam and at the Okura one can see that in the past for too long they were the only truly 5 star hotel in the city. These days are over, the hotel did not manage to keep up and now they have to rely on package tour tourists and on the gourmands that come for a perfect Japanese or French dinner and don't want to drive home thereafter. If is a pity because we always had a weak spot for the Okura.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 945hjv

Dear Guest,

It is very unfortunate to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Therefore I have read your review with your valuable feedback with great attention.

It is extremely regrettable to read that your experience regarding the service, décor and other issues did neither meet your expectations nor our usual high level of quality. Therefore, I would like to express my sincerest apologies. I have discussed your scores and experiences this morning with the involved department heads and we will look into this. I would highly like to get in contact with you, in order to know more about your recent stay.

Once again my sincere apologies for the negative experience regarding the facilities. We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance on feedback@okura.nl.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed five nights at this beautiful hotel. It is positioned in a lovely area on a canal. It is a good 20 minute walk
Into the Central part of Amsterdam. However I am happy to walk and get those steps up when on holidays and it's a good way to discover Amsterdam. Fortunately the hotel is surrounded by trendy cafes with outdoor seating and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and all the wood makes it really appealing and quite masculine. We had lovely views from our room. The coffee maker was a nice touch. The hotel breakfast was great and the hotel has some really amazing restaurants. The bar area is slovenly spot for an afternoon drink. The pool, spa, sauna/steam rooms and fitness area are outstanding! We loved our stay at this absolutely beautiful hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelOkuraAmsterdam, General Manager at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear you loved your stay with us and I am most grateful to receive your very positive feedback, which I will happily share with the team. It is great seeing your compliments regarding the spacious room, and of course the unique view. Moreover, good to see you have enjoyed our Nagomi Health & Spa.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future.