“All a mother could ask for...”

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #91 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My college age daughter was traveling along through Amsterdam on her way back to Italy. She had be touring for days and was exhausted and not feeling well. I decided she need a treat, and booked her a room at the Park instead of yet another hostel. She was SO pleased. As a family, we travel quite a bith in luxury hotels, so she knows a quality hotel. The location was perfect for her to visit the museums she wanted and was safe a walk-able for a young woman on her own. Her room was clean and comfortable - she said the bed was the best ever! Thanks, Park Hotel, for treating my girl so well!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank pbgvluv
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you so much for your review, what a pleasure to read that your daughter had such a great time with us. We are happy that we could contribute on your lovely surprise for her. You must come visit us with the whole family some time! So maybe we have the honour to welcome you all in the near future when you are planning a trip to Amsterdam.

There are newer reviews for Park Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Visited this hotel 5 years ago.... and what a difference 5 years makes!!!
The staff are still brilliant, so welcoming, but the changes that have been made means that the hotel has lost some of its charm and character.
Only went in the Momo restaurant once, food was excellent, though expensive, but it was so noisy!!! A romantic meal was certainly out of the question!
This time we had a room in the newer part of the hotel, overlooking the canal and Hard Rock Cafe, as expected the quality of the room and fittings was exceptional and the view entertaining.
However there were a few niggly things; lights under the bed that we couldn't turn off, a very soft bed, you either love it or you hate it,( I liked that sinking feeling, my wife didn't) , heating that was switched off but the room seemed continually warm and if you opened the door to the balcony there was a lot of road noise, though this did not affect us when the door was closed.
We still had a great time, the hotel is well positioned to visit Museums and still able to walk into the central areas.
Perhaps our expectations were coloured by our first visit when it was more grand, now it is more 'full on' and boutique!!
I expect it is time to try a new venue.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john F

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you still enjoyed your stay with us. A few years ago, Park Hotel is totally renovated in order to ensure that our guests continue to receive the high standards we are renown for. Of course I understand that our new design is not everybody’s style. One a more positive note, I was pleased to learn that you had a great time. Hopefully you will choose for us the third time.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

As soon as we arrived the people there were so friendly and helped us with our bags. Lovely room and the bed was the most comfy bed I have ever slept in! I would go back to stay at the Park Hotel purely to stay in the bed, The room service is fab. Great menu and they deliver food to your room whatever time it is! Just a lovely atmosphere and I looked forward to returning the hotel every night. Definitely want to go back again!

1  Thank Harriet1994
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Having arrived at Schipol rather late, my wife and I decided to take the 197 bus which will take you to the Museumplein right next to the Rijkmuseum. Luckily, next door you will find the Park Hotel.

Upon setting foot in the hotel lobby, you will be impressed by the lovely warm decor and the aroma of "Under a Fig Tree". By the time you get to the reception you are anticipating if your room will differ from the pictures you have seen through the lens of another's camera. However, in my case, I was given a vacant expression and the news that my booking had failed to appear on the system. Great.

Once I had controlled my rage and could construct a coherent sentence in my already confusing Scottish tongue, I asked what could be done.

From here, the Park Hotel had arranged a room with breakfast in another hotel and would provide transport to get there (despite being a stone's throw away). They had asked us to come back tomorrow and they would guarantee an upgraded room. The hotel we were placed in was the NH Amsterdam, which was reasonable but we did witness a rat scuttle across the floor with a piece of toast someone had dropped during breakfast.

So, the next day upon returning to the Park Hotel, I was pleased to be back. The hotel staff had upgraded our room to a Junior Suite. After some thorough apologies, I made my way up stairs and was instantly impressed by the hotel's standard of apology as the suite was a considerable upgrade from my initial booking and expectation.

The suite has a large lounge area which had enough room to cater to all the mess we would make while staying in the hotel and was also nicely covered with nice dark warm colours. The bathroom was nicely decorated with a large Audrey Hepburn Ikea picture watching over the toilet. The shower was spectacular, the rain shower head produces so much power and water that I thought the cubicle may fill before the water can drain. The hotel provides an exceptionally comfortable bed with high thread count sheets and duvet's and I am honestly still missing the warmth.

In terms of location, the hotel it situated just outside the center but it is for this reason, the area is not as run down and dusty looking. The hotel has trams, taxi's, buses and canal bus's all within two minutes walking distance, which will take you right to Dam Square if required. Given that the hotel is within the Museumplein, it is obvious but it is very easy to get to the Rijkmuseum and the Van Gogh museum, as well as others.

The hotel also has a number of small restaurants within a half mile radius where you will find good food without the hustle and bustle of the center and also at a more reasonable price. However, the Momo restaurant, which is attached to the hotel is a good choice, with nice meals.

All together, I stayed in Amsterdam for three days and found the hotel to be amongst the best I have stayed in which includes long list from Los Angeles to Shanghai. I would recommend this hotel to anyone making the trip to Amsterdam.

Also, today I received an apology in letter from the hotel regarding the initial booking problem. This was a kind and an act which didn't have to be carried out but displays the thought and quality of the hotel and people that work within it's walls.

Well done.

Room Tip: If you like to sink into your bed, pillow and duvet...this is the place for you.
2  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed 3 nights at tha Park hotel. The hotel is well designed, the lobby is warm and welcoming and the rooms are cozy and not very big. The bed wasn't comfy for me ( the extra foam under the sheet is not necessary). Some of the rooms have balcony but the windos are not insulated from noise so keep that in mind if you are sensative (BTW- this is a non smoking hotel). The WiFi is NOT free !!! But there are few computers near the lobby for self use. The location is not central but close to some few atractions (Van gogh museum). The transportation is very easy in Amsterdam anyway so this is not an issue). E X C E L L E N T service, very nice staff (front desk, bell man, duty manager) , very helpfull and informative. We didn't had breakfast included in the rate but the restaurant of the hotel (Momo) is known for all. You have a very good breakfast across the street for 14 euro if coffee at starbucks is not enough. I will come back soon...just keep on the good work.

• Stayed: February 2012
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
We are always very happy to read positive reviews like this and what a huge compliment “hospitality at it’s best” Fantastic to have the opportunity to welcome you once again on a short term!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed here for 3nights and could not have asked for anything better! Staff were friendly and hotel was clean and modern. Its in a great location of Amsterdam and it's easy to walk everywhere. The gym was good. The only negative was that the wifi was not free.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Just a short note to thank you for the kind review that you have left!
Hopefully we see you once again in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

had a wonderful time in amsterdam , hotel was top notch, everything we read about it before we went was true, excellent location , beautiful hotel, staff were really helpful and polite, would certainly return to this hotel again when we return to amsterdam

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking time to leave a review about Park Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are grateful for your enthusiastic support. See you once again in near the future!