“Impressive!”

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #91 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend and can't fault it, great service, luxurious surroundings, a restaurant to die for and only a short stroll to all the attractions of this amazing city.
All staff were helpfull very imformative of local sites and history.
Breakfast was superb, plentifull and delicious, waitress service was to a very high standard.

Nothing was too much trouble for this fine elegant hotel, a great find and on my return I would love to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 October 2012

This hotel surely managed to impress from the first moment. Good location (just central enough), fantastic lobby, very attentive and friendly staff throughout.
The executive room on a higher floor had an ok size, and compared to other Amsterdam hotels, it was actually very nice. Well-appointed, nice bathroom, everything very clean. Some of the best beds I have ever slept in, and probably the best club sandwich I've ever had.
The Momo restaurant is the place-to-be in Amsterdam, and while dinner is not exactly a bargain, it's definitely worth a visit just to experience the atmosphere – and taste the superb cuisine.
Wi-Fi is not free but was waived in the end for some reason, a nice surprise. Prices in Amsterdam are generally steep, but we sure got our money's worth here! Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank s_moroder
Reviewed 4 October 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank geriandb0b
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The rooms are small, but that's to be expected in Amsterdam. There's so much to see and do in the city, you should take a small room as a sign to get out and enjoy the museums, canals, day trips and more. Within walking distance of the museums.

The staff is very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank raingurl
Reviewed 2 October 2012

A nice looking property in a good location, however the rooms are on the small side which actually didn't bother me too much but on occassion there was a very bad sewage smell in the room, the beds were very, very soft, which was kind of weird, other people who were there couldn't sleep but actually and surprisingly I managed no problem. The bathroom area is open plan to the room which was ok as I was alone but not sure if I was with a partner I would like to share the moment with them on the toilet, even though there is a door it is not sealed, and the shower leaked all over floor.
The reception staff were not that great nor helpful but the restaurant staff gave a very good service and always helpful. I stayed here for business and i guess if the location is good for me I would possibly stay here again, but I might try the Marriott down the road next time

Room Tip: I would try and get a high room with a balcony - I think they are a little larger.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank I_like_2_travel008
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We booked the hotel as a top secret Last Minute one. In other words we didn't know which one it would be. We then read about the bathroom in the room concept or should I say their solution to crowding in as many rooms as possible!.
When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to pay to upgrade to a room with a separate bathroom. We paid 40 euros to do this and the room was good. We asked for a quiet room at the back and it was very quiet. The beds are very very comfortable.
The public areas are good but the service not always so good and they like to turn off the coffee machine too early.
I would stay here again and the location is perfect - close to the museums, Leidesplein and by the Singel.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqui309
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Pros: Trendy boutique property, nice bar (Momo) attached to the side, reasonable location for access to both sides of the city
Cons: Small rooms, on main road, pricey for the size, confusing lighting system, bathroom not properly separated (no bath, etc)

This four star hotel looks fairly inconspicuous from the outside, though enter and the "living room" public area is immediately inviting, while the Momo bar/restaurant to the side is a nice little hangout.
But there's a big problem with this place: the rooms are tiny! Roll out of bed and you're in the shower kind of small. Going to the bathroom is an amusing experience as it's like being in the same room with your partner. There's no bath and the shower and toilet have their own stalls, but neither are separated from the main bed area - both are like stalls. I found it more funny than anything else, but if that's what boutique means these days then, well, I'd rather have something more traditional.
Otherwise the room - well, more bed space - was comfortable enough to sleep in. The light arrangements - some of which were colourful - made it look attractive, but when it came to switching them all off it just got confusing given the number of individual lights.
For the money this place succeeds by overselling itself via a trendy website. In truth, it's not all that. I had a great time in Amsterdam, and this was fine as a base, but there are definitely issues and I'd look to stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mmxbreaks
parkhotelamsterdam, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

I would like to thank you for your constructive comments. Reviews like this give us the opportunity to develop and improve ourselves. I’m happy to notice that you find our property trendy and that you love the location.

Regarding your room, our hotel offer a lot of different room types. That said, we realize that your room type is not a perfect fit for every guests, you have to love the trendy boutique style of the hotel. We do offer enough room types so there is always one with will perfectly suit your needs. So hopefully we have the honour to offer you something else the next time so we can welcome you once again.

Warm Regards,