“Very enjoyable stay”

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #91 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel was excellent,the staff were very friendly and spoke perfect english. The room was first class, very modern and clean. The location is perfect for all your holiday needs. Breakfast was spot on and catered for all our needs. We would not hesitate in using this hotel again.

Room Tip: we booked the main road side. Very good double glazing so noise is minimal
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Horsburgh07,

Thank you for these kind words regarding to our Hotel and the location. I’m happy to read that you will choose Park Hotel next time you are in Amsterdam.

It will be an honor to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Brilliant location in tourist central. Super design, especially the lobby area and hip bar - Momo - attached.

Brilliant breakfast (but you have to pay extra sadly) and a very decent gym that will let you borrow kit if needed (didn't check if kit is an extra charge).

Thats the thing with these hotels: although its €180+ per night everything is still 'extra' - WiFi in your room Sir? That will €10 per day!

Charging for internet in the 2010s is bad enough when its free in MacDonalds, what is worse is that it didn't work.

I had to move rooms 3 times to find a router in-range only to discover the external connection so feeble as to be useless. The charges and the feebleness of connection was blamed on the hotels system provider, IBAN.

My policy these days is to not stay at hotels that use IBAN because they seem to have a lot of dissatisfied customers in Europe according to several travel blogs. WiFi seemed to be working ok after 2 days after several calls to IBAN.

Cheeseburger unavailable on room service is also pretty feeble for a 5* hotel quite honestly. I went next door to the Hard-rock cafe, dodging the breakdancing waitresses to get dinner.

Not enough staff at check in (having to field internal guest calls at the same time) equals a long wait when everyone arrives at the hotel from the airport at aprx the same time! Although I suppose this is almost standard now in big hotels...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Robert M,

First of all thank you for taking time to write this extensive review.

I’m very sorry to note your comments regarding the level of service you received during you stay at our hotel. I want to apologize that we let your expectations down.

I do sincerely hope you can acknowledge that normally our service is exceptional and the difficulties you experienced are not a fair reflection of our usual high standard.

Having that said we really hope to welcome you again at Park Hotel in Amsterdam.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The check-in was with a rather loud and unwelcoming check-in and the check-out was similar whereby I was asked to move with my luggage to another person in the very usual unapologetic Dutch way. Only the young man who was acting as a concierge and helped with the feebly underperforming internet seemed to care about issues with the hotel. The rooms are functional, with small showers and toilet facilities- warning to larger Americans, but with great water pressure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kaz P,

First of all thank you for taking time to write about your Park Hotel experience. I’m sorry to learn that some aspects from our hotel were not what you expected. Please do let us know during your stay if you experience any issues so we can solve all of your issues straight away.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel it terms of cleanness, helpfulness of its staff and overall style and ambiance. It is located just on the outskirts of the city centre with a couple of minute walk to one of the main night life squares, which was very convenient for us. Would definitely recommend this and stay here again myself!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Yulia S
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Yulia S,

Thank you for writing these kind words regarding to our Hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at the Park Hotel for two nights from the 22/2 and had a brilliant time. I had contacted the hotel prior to arriving and mentioned that we were there to celebrate a 30th birthday. Upon arrival, we were checked in and as it was early (around 9am) we gave our luggage to the porter who gave us a ticket to collect later, when our room was ready. We were located on the fourth floor, and found that the staff had laid out a Happy Birthday banner across the bed, as well as provided some free drinks vouchers. The room was a very good size, with a safe, mini bar (payable) and a lovely bathroom. The bed was exquisitely comfortable and the shower/bath was brilliant!

The hotel itself is very centrally located and ideal walking distance to most attractions. We had purchased a three day tram card so utilized the tram where we could anyway. The hotel was extremely clean, the toilets in the lobby were very plush and I cannot fault the staff who were professional, friendly and extremely helpful.

I would definitely recommend the Park Hotel, Amsterdam for anyone who wants a central, clean and welcoming hotel. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie S
Barbara J, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Katie S,

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed a 30th birthday celebration and I am grateful for your lovely words about Park Hotel.

I am looking forward to welcome you for the third time.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just want to say thank you to the wonderful staff at the Park Hotel for making our visit to Amsterdam so special.

This was a surprise trip to celebrate my wife's latest special birthday, meeting friends from when she lived in the city, taking our 7 year old son with us. This meant a bit of prior engagement with the hotel to make arrangements, and boy did they deliver!

I was able to arrange a babysitter for both nights of our visit, and it worked like clockwork. Sophie and Scott the service managers confirmed the details in advance and Sophie was available to introduce us to the babysitter on both nights. The costs were reasonable too (around €10 per hour). In my view the hotel went the extra mile to accommodate our needs.

The room (junior suite) was reasonably sized by Amsterdam standards and well appointed. There was a Happy Birthday banner in the room on arrival, and we were given vouchers for free drinks on arrival. We saved these for later when needed.

Although unconventional in lay out, the bar/lounge is very welcoming and the staff were delightfully friendly. We had an impromptu drinks party for 9 of us in that reception area, and it was as close as it could be to being at home... A bottle ran out, and a fresh one was never far away. Simple service done very well.

We did not eat in the hotel, as we had made arrangements elsewhere, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

Having booked in advance, we had free wifi - it worked better in the room than in the lobby.

I would definitely recommend the Park Hotel Amsterdam to anybody for a visit. Not a budget option but very good value, well located with a canal tour stand over the road.

Thank you Park Hotel, and thank you to Scott and in particular to Sophie. You really helped me pull off one of the all time great weekends!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ben M,

I want to thank you for your lovely words regarding to our staff and Park Hotel. Also I want to thank you for writing this extensive review and sharing your Park Hotel experience.

It’s always nice to read when guests enjoyed their stay and their visit in Amsterdam. Especially when they planned to celebrate a birthday or another celebration.

It will be an honor to welcome you again and hopefully you will soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

First, the location is good. It's just outside the ring of canels, near the great restaurant districts, close to the museums and also the high-end shopping. We could access all parts of the old-town via a nice long walk or a short street car.

We were a group of 4 and had four rooms. The first thing we all appreciated was the full "rainfall" showers. So much better than the typical european shower, and a great relief over what we had in dusseldorf.

the only strange part was that all four of our rooms smelled like sewers. If it was just one of us, I coudl count it as a random plumbing problem, but all 4 rooms on the 5 floor smelled the same way. it was really bad after coming back from a full day of sight-seeing, but got better after you opened the window. It smelled like it was coming up the shower, so maybe they were having a problem with something. Certainly needs to be checked out on the 5th floor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ben M,

I want to thank you for your lovely words regarding our staff and Park Hotel. Also I want to thank you for writing this extensive review and sharing your Park Hotel experience.

It will be an honor to welcome you again and hopefully you will soon.