“Nice hotel if you manage to get the room you book” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hotel Amsterdam

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #82 of 361 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Nice hotel if you manage to get the room you book”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My boyfriend booked this hotel for a long bank holiday weekend in May for my birthday. He booked in December and all was confirmed.

We turned up around 11.30pm on the Friday after a long day at work to be told that they had already given away our room as they "had made some booking mistakes throughout the day". We were left with no choice but to take their offer of a room at another hotel for one night. We were then asked to come back the following day to check-in for another room. In the end this meant there was a long period on Saturday for which we didn't have the room we paid for!

And their way of apology was one free breakfast - when I complained I was told someone would email me when we returned home but they basically emailed to say they weren't going to do anything. I replied back and they haven't responded. The duty manager actually let slip that this was a common practice and it happens all the time - don't stay here unless you want this stress!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Mpat82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Gate City, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one week, traveling from this central location to many places in the Netherlands for day trips. The room we had was small, but quite clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We did not eat the breakfast as we felt it to be very overpriced, and we generally have a light breakfast anyway. We used wifi mostly downstairs in the lobby, but it actually worked in our room, and we weren't ever charged for that. Very convenient to museums, bus, and lots of fun places for the evening. It was a good walk to the train or to the red light district, but we enjoy walking, and the bus was fine if we were tired. Bed was probably the best we had ever slept in!!! We have never been late sleepers, but in that bed we were! BEST part of the room!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Betsy B,

I was very pleased to note how much you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel. We guarantee all our guests a good night's sleep with the new generation Jensen® Original zone system mattresses..

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it will be an honor to welcome you again at Park Hotel.

Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

can't think of any negatives. Located 2 minutes walk between Rijksmuseum and Vondelpark, perfect spot. Lunch and breakfast are excellent. Room was very good, bed was very comfortable.
Funny feature: if you arrive by car, use the car lift to park in the basement!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear 2008_Jan,

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. A lot of guests are surprised by this “Funny” and handy feature.

Thank you for sharing your Park Hotel experience and I hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights, city break with friends. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel however is way overpriced and did not meet my expectations considering what we paid; you pay for wifi. The rooms are of a similar size/standard to a Travel Lodge, clean and comfortable, however there was an unmistakable smell of sewage in the room we had (511). Breakfast is not included in the price, this costs an extra €23/25 each day, way overpriced. Overall a pleasant enough hotel but not value for money.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ron G,

I’m sorry to note your comments regarding to our prices and the akward smell in your room. Please do let us know during your stay if you experience any issues in your room so we can check if a room change is possible.

I want to apologize that we let your expectations down. I only can give you the following tip. When you book in advance prices are always lower and when you book via our website you get an interesting discount.

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review and I hope that we can welcome you again in the near future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night for a business trip. The room was clean, but quite small for a executive room. The heating system was quite poor. The location is in a nice district, but 30-40 min walk to Red Light District. The breakfast was not included and we took it extra. It's worth the money. The bad part is when we get to the staff. They were horrible. In the first day they made us pay a 50 euros cash advance, just in case we take something from the minibar and don't pay (I have to mention that we had a corporate reservation). That was unpolite. The second day I had to wait 40 minutes at check out for someone to check the minibar in my room so I could receive my 50 euros back. Then they put on the bill the room internet although it was included in the room rate. Overall a bad attitude from everyone in the reception . No need to say I was late one hour for my business meeting. I would advise you to avoid this hotel if you have high standards!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Valy_RO
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Valy-RO,

Firstly, may I apologize for the disappointment you have experienced with your last stay at Park Hotel. Waiting 40 minutes at check out is certainly not reflective to our usual standards.

Regarding to the deposit of 50 Euros: guests can always choose how they want to pay the deposit, credit card or cash. This is a standard procedure.

I want to thank you for taking the time to place this extensive review and despite of this experience we hope that we can welcome you again.

karon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a quite nice hotel with an excellent location. Nice modern, average size rooms with great beds, but with really lousy housekeeping. Actually the worst housekeeping I have ever seen.
The breakfast is good, normal breakfast but it is superexpensive for what you get. So if the breakfast is not included in your roomprice, you really should have breakfast somewhere else cuz it`s just not worth the money. The overall impression of the hotel is that it is nice but way too expensive for what you get. Based on this I would not recommend this hotel, as there are plenty of hotels to chose from in town that offer the same but for less money.
BUT what I will recommend is that you try a meal or a few of the worlds most amazing drinks at their resturant Momo. Their drinks are ridiculously good. I mean really.. you can`t die before you`ve tried some of their drinks.

Room Tip: If you do choose to stay at this hotel, be sure that you get a room as high as possible as the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ubro,

Firstly may I apologize for the disappointment you have expressed regarding to our housekeeping. Your concerns have been reviewed and I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review and despite of this experience we hope that we can welcome you again.

Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Park Hotel in Amsterdam is modern. The rooms are small but very nice and clean. The bed was awesome. Beautiful bathrooms. Location is perfect the Rijksmuseum is around the corner and the Van gogh museum about 1or2 blocks away. Very happy with our 3 day stay in Amsterdam. We will stay in The Park hotel again if we visit Amsterdam for a second time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Rachelle S,

I’m delighted that your enjoyed so many aspects of Park Hotel.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst Park Hotel's highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

It will be an honor to welcome you again.