“Park Hotel”

Ranked #88 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
“Park Hotel”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

the hotel location is great:
- near the park and in the first ring of the center
- near the bus station that is taking you from/to the airport

the value for money is very good.
the staff were very helpful and kindly.

the hotel is look new and stylish, the rooms were clean and the bad was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Roni W,

As you noted in your review location is one of our strengths. Im happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel in Amsterdam.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online and we are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Bram van der Hoek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for about a week. Hotel perfectly located and let us enjoy Amsterdam on foot almost everywhere we wanted to go. Lobby is nice. Service is ok. There was a day when our room was not made up. Room was very small but had everything you need. I expected it to be small so no dissapointment there. There is a bar and restaurant in the lobby. To get to and from the airport we used shuttle service. It does not belong to hotel so you have to pay about 27 euro each way.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olga R
Dear Foreign_Laday,

First of all thank you for sharing your Park Hotel experience on Tripadvisor. Your kind review is greatly appreciated.

I want to apologize for the fact that our staff did not make up your room one day, I have brought your comments to the attention of our Housekeeping department.

I hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

the rooms were really trendy, great view from our room over the canal and friendly staff, location was central and near to many bars and restaurants. bed was very comfortable and room was cosey. spent 4 days here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tobias G
Dear Tobias G,

I was very pleased to note how much you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

It will be an honor to welcome you again soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed for 5 nights and had a 'superior' room, which is the hotel's word for basic. I was fine with the bathroom arrangement as I travelled solo, but the shower cubicle leaked and it was clear from the stained carpet that this is the norm. My room had a tiny window, so it felt a bit like a cave, ( in hindsight I should have asked for another room). Although it was quiet, apart from on one morning when a neighbouring room took a shower at about 5am ( early flight I assume) and the noise on the adjoining wall was very loud.
The room housekeeping was also disappointing, I had to ask 3 times for glasses to be replaced, cushions were left on the floor one day, and a small coffee spillage was not cleaned up.
I had the breakfast on my first day however as a vegetarian the choices were very limited, variation on a theme of egg and bread. I know that European continental breakfasts are different to UK, but I have had a great choice of fruits, pastries and cereals in other hotels. Customers next to me had to wait so long for their specially prepared omelette that they had finished their meal.
Good points - the location and the customer service staff who were very helpful with directions, getting the wifi set up on my phone and general enquiries. The bed was very comfortable too.
But as a frequent traveller to European cities I definitely wouldn't stay at the Park again I'm afraid.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear LyndaK4865,

Firstly, may I apologize for the disappointment you have experienced during your last stay at Park Hotel.

Your concerns regarding to your room have been reviewed and I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned. Normally our breakfastservice is exceptional and the difficulties are not a fair reflection of our usual high standard of customer care.

I want to thank you for taking the time to place this extensive review and despite of this experience we hope that we can welcome you again.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband had booked this hotel with priceline so it was a bit of a shot in the dark. Read the reviews after booking and was a little concerned about noise, smell, 'open bathroom' etc that showed up in the negative review comments. Our room was the basic 'luxury room' which stated it was intimate, which means small. It wasn't any smaller than most hotel rooms in Europe if you are not going for the higher end rooms. If you have very large luggage, then yes, you have a problem with space. There was a definite odor in the hallways and room and even in the common lounge area bathrooms, sort of a very mild sewer like smell. We were able to open our window (what a luxury in modern hotels, they usually have you hermetically sealed in) and the a/c worked great, so within a few minutes the odor was gone - not a problem for us. We had a room that faced inward so did not have canal or street noise; the room was very quiet. We didn't have an open bathroom. Everything is very close because of the size of the room but there was a frosted glass door to the commode and one for the shower and a drawable curtain that separated the bed area from the sink. The beds were a bit soft but actually very comfortable with soft sheets. Amenities were nice, the staff was friendly and helpful (we were able to store our luggage after checking out and were able to access it multiple times during the day). The location was perfect for us. Easy tram ride (2&5) to the center of town and to train station. There is an express airport bus 197 just 2 blocks from the hotel which was much more convenient and less expensive than taking the train, shuttle or taxi. Overall, our experience was very good and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with noise and sleeping ask for an inside room and one in which you can open t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BSWS
Dear BSWS,

First of all thank you for writing this extensive review for Park Hotel.

I was very pleased to note how you experienced and enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel.

We are grateful for your support and we hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Köln
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have stayed here years ago and when I entered the hotel I thought, omg, not again. Last time I had a wet carpet in the room and had to change rooms and the new room had aunts coming out of flowers in a pot. So my expectations weren't high but still the hotel managed to disappoint me.

First mistake: two typing errors in my name so I wasn't able to book into the internet and had to clarify that with reception.
Second mistake: wrong name on my name card.
Third mistake: I was in front of an elevator and the supervisor of the room mates went into the elevator before me, she didn't offer me to step in first and on top she quickly pushed a buttom to go up and I wanted to go down, so I had to leave the elevator again. Her only remark was: sorry going up. This just shows very bad behaviour.
Fourth mistake: Sitting in the reception area it took me one hour to be asked if I would like to drink something. I ordered a cappuccino. Cappuccino arrived immediatley and I have to say, the cappuccino is marvelous, very good quality from illy and on top a macaron and a big piece of chocolate just for 4,50 € which is looking at the quality of tha pastry very inexpensive. But then the waiter brought directly the bill with the cappuccino and asked me already after five minutes if I have put already money in the box. I told him that it took him one hour to ask me what I would like to have and five minutes to remind me that I have to pay. This is just ridiculous. He said sorry, went away.
Fifteen minutes later I ordered a sparkling water with ice and without lemon, because I have high allergies against lemon. The water arrived with ice and lemon. I reminded the waiter that I asked for water without lemon, he excused himself, went away and brought me the same glass with ice and without lemon, but he didn't change the glass and the ice. I could smell, that he just had taken out the lemon out of the glass. I completely freaked out and asked him if he would be aware that allergies can be really dangerous. He excused himself and brought me a new glass. Later he didn't charge me for the drinks which is nice I have to admit but I would have prefered to pay full price and give tipp for good service.

Last but not least: the carpet in this hotel is almost always dirty. They should change to wooden floors.

Room Tip: Rooms to the street are very loud, rooms to the back are very good with the exception of the carpet...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bram H, General Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Andreas H,

First of all I want thank you for taking the time to write this extensive review on Tripadvisor.

I want to apologize that we let so many of your expectations down. Normally our service is exceptional and the difficulties are not a fair reflection of our usual high standard of customer care. All your concerns have been reviewed and I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

If you want to have personal contact regarding to your last experience at Park Hotel you can mail to service@parkhotel.nl.

We are grateful for your support and despite of this experience we hope that we can welcome you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our first trip to Amsterdam and we were very pleased with the room and service.

Location: This is a great location, which is quite central to be able to walk to all the attractions. It is right beside Vondel park. It is above a popular restaurant called Momo which we did not try but it looked quite nice.

Room: The room is very clean and sizable with very comfortable sheets. My only issue is that the pillow was very high and rather uncomfortable. Not sure if you could ask for a different pillow at reception.

We would definitely stay here again when we visit Amsterdam again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle_heidi
Dear Michelle_heidi,

It was a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel in Amsterdam. As you noted in your review our location is one of our strengths.

You can always let us know during your stay if you experience any issues so the staff can offer you a solution. So in your situation we could have arranged another pillow for you.

We definitely recommend to visit the Momo restaurant next time you are in Amsterdam; we promise that you won’t regret it.

It will be an honor to welcome you again.