“Excellent hotel and location, highly recommended!”

Park Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #79 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Excellent hotel and location, highly recommended!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and we were very impressed with the hotel. Decent sized rooms and good bathrooms, extremely clean and well presented, with modern and stylish decor. The staff were friendly and very helpful - buy tickets for transport and museums at the front desk so you don't have to wait in a queue when you get there! Great location, near vondelpark and rijksmuseum. For €5 you can get the 197 bus from the airport to rijksmuseum, 2 minute walk to the hotel and much cheaper than a taxi.

Highly recommended, would come back!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Rhiannon J
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Rhiannon J,

I'm delighted to know that you recently have spent such a pleasant time at our hotel.

I kindly thank you for recommending our hotel so highly on Tripadvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Suzanne de Zwaan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Fredrikstad Municipality, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights in July and this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The beds are really comfortable (although I couldn't use the huge pillow because of neck problems), the roomservice is great, and the overall look of both the room and the hotel itself is very modern and clean. The toilet/shower solution in the room is a bit wierd with just two cubicles of frosted glass next to the bed, so if you're shy you should consider who you share a room with, or just turn on the water like we did. We never tried the breakfast here because it was a little too expensive with over 20euros per person per day, but it looked to have a great variety of food and there are a lot of cafes nearby with great breakfastopportunities. The hotel is in walking distance to everything and the Hard Rock Cafe is situated just across the hotel. Overall we had a wonderful stay at this hotel and we will definately use it again the next time we visit Amsterdam.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear linnmariehansen,

You can always let us know during your stay if you experience any issues like you had with your pillow, so the staff can offer you a solution or solve any issue straight away.

Tip: When you book your room including breakfast you pay €18,- p.p.

We are happy that you have enjoyed all other facilities of the hotel and are very happy to know that you would like to return in the future.

LANCASTER,PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here one night on the way to the airport. It was very convenient as it is so close to the train station and also to museums and restaurants. The bed was comfortable. The free wi-fi was terrible though. Really slow! Decor in our section was very modern and rather plain. Didn;t have much character but we were only looking for place to sleep.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tralanc,

I want to thank you for the time you took to share your feedback regarding to your stay at Park Hotel in Amsterdam.

I will certainly have the maintenance department look into the WiFi signal in and near your room. You can always let us know during your stay if you experience any issues so the staff can offer you a solution or solve any issue straight away.

We hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Six of us went to Holland two weeks ago to attend an Andre Rieu concert in Maastricht. We spent one night on the return journey in Amsterdam ( all of us had been to Amsterdam before) and opted for the Park Hotel. I chose it mainly because I knew my husband would be interested in re-visiting the revamped Rijksmuseum which was just around the corner.
Before arriving, I had read reviews on tripadvisor mentioning the "open" bathrooms, just screened and not "walled" off the bedrooms. I emailed the hotel a few days before arrival saying I would prefer to opt for a closed/regular bathroom and they were very prompt and accommodating in acceeding to my request. I was charged an extra €20 ( as opposed to the normal €40) but was very glad to pay it, especially when there was only one night involved. I had also asked for a high floor which I was given, with lovely views of the canal across the road (as well as the Hard Rock cafe!)
From check-in to departure, I must compliment all the staff with whom we dealt. Check-in was efficient, courteous and pleasant and, while the rooms were not ready on our early arrival, we were directed to various restaurants across the canal ( 2 mins) where we could find coffee/lunches while we waited. Having checked in around 2, we were able to cross the road outside the hotel and step into a boat for a 75 min canal cruise-highly recommended, certainly on a sunny day like we had.
We were meeting Dutch friends that night in Dam Square and were directed to the trams just around the corner from the hotel which brought us straight into the centre in 10 mins. We were also advised by the desk staff to purchase a 24 hour ticket for €6.50 ( €7.50?) as opposed to paying €2.80 per trip. We bought the tickets at about 5 and were able to use them all of the next day on the trams , before our departure, Excellent value and great advice.
Breakfast had not been included in the hotel booking price but we opted to have breakfast in the hotel. We were given a rate of €18.50 as opposed to the usual €23.50 once we let them know on checking in that we would be there for breakfast. There was a great variety on offer and, at one stage when I asked if pancakes were available, the manager overheard me and came over straight away to say that there were no traditional pancakes but they had little "mini" ones which he promptly got for me, along with some honey which he said came from bees in the nearby Vondel park. I thought it most attentive of him and appreciated his trying to grant my request.
The hotel is very modern and fresh and I'd highly recommend it for a trip to the Amsterdam. It might not be in the centre but it's very close to all the museums ( my husband spent about 5 hours there on the following day), canal trips, tram stops etc. The bedroom was bright and airy, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom very modern and well equipped. Just found the pillow a little high-but that's a personal comment and I'm sure if I had asked, I'd have been given another one! Loved the decor and especially the chair/bed in the foyer!
Well done to all and thanks.

Room Tip: Check out the bathroom arrangement. High floor will give a better view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear MaureenCarroll,

I’m heartened by your wonderful praise of our hotel, and would like to thank you for letting us know how much you have enjoyed your stay at Park Hotel.

I have brought your kind comments to the attention of our staff and they are all honoured that they are mentioned in your extensive review.

I kindly thank you for recommending our hotel so highly, and we are very pleased to know that you have spent such an enjoyable time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I had an issue with the bed. Even though it was extremely comfortable, the mattress kept sliding off its base as it had two layers. I was also called while trying to sleep (after putting up my 'do not disturb' sign) to ask if I wanted my room serviced. Apart from this, the hotel has an excellent location, friendly staff and is very clean. Would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Suzanne Z, Manager at Park Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Ashleigh D,

I want to thank you for the time you took to share your feedback. I will certainly have the maintenance and housekeeping team look into and further address your concerns regarding to the mattress.

We are happy that you have enjoyed all other facilities of the hotel and would be very grateful if you could give us another chance to fully meet your expectations.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Really nice hotel. Good value for money. Clean room. Great location, near the park and museums. Great staff, dealt with requests really well. A very enjoyable trip. Thank you for providing a relaxing break.

Room Tip: Had a lovely junior suite, with great views of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dilmil,

We appreciate the time you took to share these kind words regarding to your stay at Park Hotel. As you noted our central location is one of our strengths.

The next time you are visiting Amsterdam we would be pleased to welcome you back.

Penang malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I checked in early and the room was not ready. I was offered an up grade to junior suite at a premium. 100 euro per night extra. I stayed two nights. Breakfast was NOT included. The receptionist was unfriendly. The junior suite turned out to be the same size as a normal room but with a narrow hallway. Rooms are small and the bathrooms are very small. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Room cleaning service was carried out very late in the afternoon even though I left early each morning. This is particularly annoying when you come back for a shower and rest before evening.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Snowkitty12,

I want to apologize that we let your expectations down. Your concerns have been reviewed and I have brought your comments to the attention of our housekeeping department.

Please be advised that your experience does not reflect the normal experience of our guests. We are happy that you have enjoyed all other facilities of the hotel and I would be very grateful if you could give us another chance to fully meet your expectations.