Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$175
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$261
US$238
Hotels.com
US$365
US$238
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$157
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
4,175 results
All reviewsurban wingcentral stationgreat locationexecutive rooman upgradered light districtmini barconciergetraincanalbrasseriedamraksaunaeurosminibareurope
Reviewed 3 April 2012

So we were pretty excited to spend our last night in Holland at this central hotel in Amsterdam. We get there and they were really nice and apologized to us that they have overbooked the hotel and are relocating us to another nearby sister hotel. We asked how far is it, first said 2 blocks (luckily one of my friends has travelled many times to Amsterdam before) and asked him to show us the hotel on the map, so the guy circled a location on the map to what seems like 4-6 blocks. After negotiating they did "upgrade us" for the next hotel and give us a bottle of wine- then we asked for the exact address and name of new hotel so we can start walking- they insisted on transferring us there via cab for our convenience. We waited about 1/2 hour for the cab, once we got it (also added another group of travellers with us in the cab) the cab started driving and driving away from the center of the city, to somewhere past the van gogh museum and beyond the total ride minutes was 25!!!! this was not the circle they had put in our map. When we got there we asked them to circle their location and it was somewhere in suburbs. This was NOT ACCEPTABLE. to be lied to?! really? I mean I've seen bad dutch service but not this bad. I honestly will never go back to this hotel.
We ended up canceling our reservation and went back to the amazing four points by the central station.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lina J
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Lina,

I was sorry to read about your comments and yes you are absolutely right, what occurred to you and your friends was totally unacceptable and for this may I apologize unreservedly.
We can all make excuses for errors made by individuals but the way you were treated that evening cannot be easily excused. We will carry out an internal enquiry in an attempt to discover exactly what went wrong so we can avoid this kind of thing happening to anyone else in the future.
In the meantime, let me place on record once again, my profound apologies.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Could not fault this hotel or it's friendly staff. Very well located to everything. The staff were very friendly and Dennis on the concierge desk went out of his way to help us with booking a cruise and then a taxi - nothing was too much trouble. The Urban room was quite funky and the bathroom suite clean and shower was heavenly. Would definitely staff here again. The bar in the evening was quite busy but waiter service was good and cocktails delicious!

Room Tip: The Victoria wing apparently was a little dated - we stayed in Urban wing which had been refurbished.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Lucy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
Rest assured I will share your positive comments with Dennis and the rest of the team.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2012

The only positive thing I could find in this hotel was the location: just in front the central station that connects you to the airport with a direct train in about 20 min if I am not wrong

we arrived around 10pm and there was nobody at the entrance to open the door or greet. The clerk at the reception advised that unfortunately there was no bellboy at this time to help us with the luggage. The corridors and the rooms are terribly tired.

The buffet breakfast was good but one morning there was a mouse walking around the breakfast restaurant and the staff was trying to chase him but after a while they gave up and started making fun of this "irrealistic" situation...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Viaggiare
1  Thank pballi

Dear pballi,
I am sorry to read of your dissatisfaction in relation to your stay but please bear in mind that we do not provide around the clock baggage handlers and obviously the later you arrive, the more you can expect less staff to be on duty, which of course is perfectly normal in a four star hotel.
With regard to our concierge service however, we are overwhelmed with compliments about the friendly and efficient way they go about their duties so in this respect, you seem to hold a minority view. You only have to examine more broadly the comments on this site to see what the majority of people think on the subject of our porters - or bell-boys, as you rather quaintly refer to them.
You also remark upon the corridors and rooms looking “tired” but you do not specify where and why and it is therefore impossible to elaborate upon this further but after extensive renovation to many of the rooms and hallways, this is something that I am afraid is very difficult to relate to.
And with regard to the mouse in the house dining with our guests, this is indeed an occurrence that is impossible to completely resolve. The vast majority of listed buildings in this beautiful city of ours suffer with mouse problems or one sort or another. The only way that mice will completely disappear is if ironically the building did too and I am quite sure nobody would recommend this course of action!
In the meantime, we do everything in our power to reduce their numbers by employing environmentally friendly detection methods, which avoid cruelty to the animals and ensure safety to us humans but given the age of this historically significant city, it really would be unrealistic to assume there would be a completely mouse-free zone here in Amsterdam any time soon I’m afraid. Our apologies nonetheless for any inconvenience caused.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Great hotel and an easy walk from the station, even with luggage. Our room was on the first floor facing away from the station, so was lovely and quiet. The room was well equipped although I did have to ask for milk to make a cup of tea - how english! The swimming pool was a plus after a hard day of sight seeing. The room was very clean and the staff efficient and friendly.

My only critisism would be the cost of the breakfast (which they heavily advertise in the hotel). At E24 per person I didn't think it justified the cost particularly when there are so many eateries just a stone's throw from the hotel, all of which were superb.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Helena C

Dear Helena,
Thank you for your comments; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed last friday and saturday at the park plaza victoria and I am satisfied with my stay at the hotel. The hotelstaff were very friendly. Especially the Concierge staff and the night staff.
It was my first time in amsterdam, and I didn't know what are the best places to go out. The guy who was working at night recommanded me a very good club, and he arranged a guestlist for me for free entrance :D , I was very happy with that. I will definetily come here next time.

Best Regards

N. McCartey

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
jwroenhorst, General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Nelly, Thank you so much for your comments; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs, and our team friendly and helpful. The Concierge Staff and Night Crew were thrilled about your awesome feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best wishes