“Victoria Plaza Amsterdam”

Ranked #136 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Victoria Plaza Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

ideal central location and only 2 minutes from train station. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel clean and bedrooms excellent. Good nights sleep would highly recommend this hotel. Hotel also had the facility for you to print off your boarding pass which was brilliant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Andrea B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had read lots of reviews on this hotel and had seen a theme with people having to change rooms because of one reason or another but thought that I'm pretty laid back and not fussy so would give it a go because of the great location.
On arrival we were greeted at reception and told that because the hotel is fully booked we would be given a standard room for the first night and put into an executive room for the 2nd and 3rd night. I was confused because how could the hotel be fully booked when I booked over a month in advance. Anyway, I was tired and agreed to have the standard room for one night. Once in my room (512) I realised there was a terrible noise coming from above. I think possibly it is the top floor and there is a flag on the roof that was constantly moving in the wind. I called reception and someone came to listen to the noise, he made out that he had never heard the noise before which I think is complete nonsense, and had us move to a twin room for the night. He said that in the morning we would be moved to an executive room, to leave our bags in the room and when we come back after a day of exploring to collect new room keys from reception and our bags would be waiting in our new room.
After a day of sightseeing, the next day, we went to reception and asked which room out bags were now in. The reception staff were rude and said they didn't know what I was talking about. After a lot of explaining we eventually got given an executive room but we had to go and collect our bags from the twin room we had stayed in and move them to our new room. I felt completely unwelcome and not at all valued.
After this mess up, our stay was ok. All three rooms were very clean and great choice of tv channels. Nice coffee machine in executive room.
The lobby bar has a great atmosphere and brilliant service, I definitely recommend having a drink in there.
Location is perfect, you can walk to dam square and Anne franks house easily.
Our friends stayed in the hotel next door called art'otel which I think is the same company. I would suggest looking into staying there, for a little more money the hotel is a lot nicer.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sherwizzle
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went on a business trip for one night only. I got a room (505) in the Urban wing thinking it might be a bit more up to date. The room was large, but veeeerrry dated. Windows towards another wing in the hotel, ie no view and dark. Not cozy at all. Bathroom 3.5, bed 3. Breakfast was ok, 3.5. I will not come back to this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bjorn_Haman
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

They lost my reservation. They ignored the papers I brought with me, which showed that I paid for room in full. Hotel was completely sold out. They kept me waiting almost two hours until they found my reservation. Then they gave me a room that smelled. There were not other rooms plus I was too tired to deal with any more issues. We had to air out the room every night to get rid of smell. Rooms were dated. Lobby, food and service were great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank clacdancer
Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just returned from a 2 night/3 day break at this hotel. We were a bit concerned after so many different conflicting reviews, however we are glad we booked this hotel. Ideally situated for all public transport (which was excellent) and very frequent and value for money. The hotel itself was fab, all the staff were very helpful, breakfast was delicious and catered for everyone's desire's, we had an executive room on the 4th floor 409 over looking the canal and Central station, we found the room very large, clean and with an enormous comfortable bed. Would recommend this to anyone

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 941TRACEYS
Ferrara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated just in front of the amsterdam central station. The entrance is just what you expect clean and efficient - the front desk people were efficient and friendly - the room was clean, spacious and well designed. The breakfast was international with hot and cold + beverage (automatic machine but very good results)
If I have to find something wrong I will point out the price for the minibar (i.e 6,5 euro for a bottle of water)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business