Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
US$275
US$248
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$117
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$104
US$372
US$271
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
Agoda.com
US$260
US$228
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$156
  • Bar/Lounge
4,176 results
All reviewsurban wingcentral stationgreat locationexecutive rooman upgradered light districtmini barconciergetraincanalbrasseriedamraksaunaeurosminibareurope
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am a frequent visitor to this hotel and in November last year I had a gastly experience with poor service, dreadful room and nothing good to say about the hotel. I stayed elsewhere in February but on a recent trip I booked again at the Victoria. This time the whole experience was one I had come to expect from a first class hotel. My reservation was handled efficiently and whilst my room was being prepared I was offered a complimentary drink in the bar. The room was perfect for work and relaxation and the bar service was just as I remembered it. Because of the convenience of the location I was so pleased to be back and will certainly continue to stay there. I didnt mention my previous experience in November but most certainly would have done if I got a room on the 3rd floor - which I would encourage visitors to avoid.
Thank you Victoria and especially front of the house gentleman Jurgan.

Room Tip: Try for Urban rooms or Victoria rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 13 June 2014

If you're after a reasonable hotel 5 minutes walk from Central Station and the centre of Amsterdam then this is a good choice. The rooms are comfortable, the shower works well and there are plenty of TV channels in each language; so all the key points are covered. They also offer free Wi-fi which is good, although the speed is fairly poor, so anything more than checking facebook and your emails is going to be frustrating. (They have assured me that they're updating their provider).

The staff are fine, but their attention seems to be inconsistent; sometimes you'll get a warm welcome, other times they'll walk past without an acknowledgement. Their reception staff are efficient but not very friendly.

NOTE: There seems to be two parts to this hotel, the old part and the new part. The fancy sleek photos you can see in the reviews are clearly in the new part, which was somewhere other than my room. My room had a floor that sloped, curtains that seemed as if they'd fall off if you did anything outrageous (like close them) and the old, worn-out carpet had iron burns on it.

However, all these things considered, great location, charming building and reasonably good value. I'd use it again but I'd look around carefully first.

Breakfast was your typical buffet, which was ok but, in my opinion, could have had a wider range; note to chef: melon is not the only fruit.

Room Tip: Talk to the hotel first and ask them if you have a new or an old room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. Right at the central station, in the heart of Amsterdam.
There is no parking at the hotel, but we used the valet parking, which cost 55 € for 3 days, that we found reasonable.
Our room had a very old feel to it. The bed was good and clean, but the bathroom was worn with age, which didn't give a super clean impression, and the carpet in the room was also outdated and stained. All though it was said to be a junior suite, it didn't feel like anything special.
Breakfast was good and plentiful.
Staff, at the desk as well as the concierges, were very friendly and professional.
We also brought our bicycles, but there was no room to keep them at the hotel. So after the concierge told us, that nice bikes have a 55% if getting stolen, we left them at a bicycle parking 100m down the street, which was cheap (1,5 € a day), but they already closed at 18 o'clock. So we didn't have our bikes in the evening.
So overall we did enjoy our stay, but we will probably prefer to try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our family of 2 adults and 2 youngs kid were given a large room at the new wing . Overall the room n beds are comfortable and clean . Staff are friendly and helpful . Free wifi but slow most of the time . Plus point is the swimming pool .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristopherTraveller
ABensalah, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Christoph,

We appreciate you taking the time to review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We're happy to hear you and your children enjoyed are Active Club.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you again to Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, or to one of our affiliated hotels, in the near future when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The Victoria looks impressive from Central Station, the train station we came in on, but staying there is not advised... EVER.

We were a group of 7 ladies traveling together with reservations for 4 rooms. Upon arrival they had no available rooms, but told us "we would have rooms and be taken care of". We sat in the lobby for 45 minutes, then they asked for everyone's travel documents again. (A 4 page packet with our flight, hotel and tour info for the whole 8 day trip across Amsterdam, Madrid and Barcelona). I didn't give mine since mine and my aunt's had the same info. I'm glad I didn't because we never got them back in full. The staff apparently misplaced all of the documents we'd given them within a 10 minute period. Actually, it looked like they just ripped off the last page of the stapled packet (the paper with the info they cared about) and threw away the others.

After about 20 minutes more someone came and said our rooms are being cleaned, but if we would like to leave our luggage they would keep them safe while we went about exploring the city. We got the impression several of the staff lived at the hotel and we were being given their rooms. We decided to do that since we were all getting sleepy sitting there. They took our luggage and put it in a handicapped bathroom "no one uses" according to the bellhop.

When we finally got into our room we were exhausted. The rooms were clean, but everything smelled like sewer. We had a room facing the river and the main street so traffic noise was very problematic. It was a clean bed and hot shower, but overall, I would not recommend the Victoria.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends