“Great Location. Good facilities, Very enjoyable stay”

Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
Ranked #120 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The location of this hotel was perfect - just a 3 minute walk from the station. Rooms were of a high standard and staff were excellent. Certainly would recommend the Park Plaza. The concierge was very helpful and storing luggage at stat/end of trip could not have been easier. Most areas of Amsterdam were walkable (as we did) fom the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
1  Thank ISM67
AnnetteAdan, PA to the General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Kind regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,011)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was my 13th trip to Amsterdam and we usually go budget this time we splashed out a bit to stay at the Park Plaza.

Can't fault the location, it is right opposite central station which is great if you get the train from the airport. It is also a great base for sightseeing, nightlife & the red light district as all are a short walk away.

When we arrived at midday our room wasn't availible so we put our suitcases in until around 8pm.

The room was very clean and modern but not very spacious (standard double room). However we didn't let this bother us and we went out to party on NYE and had a great time as always.

In the morning we were woken by light coming through the window, it seemed a whole curtain was missing. We went to reception who advised they would get this fixed straight away.

Whilst we were chatting to the lady on reception it was mentioned it was my birthday... she then upgraded us to a suite and also gave us some vouchers for some drinks in the lobby!! VERY nice touch! :)

Our new room was HUGE and had a great view of Amsterdam as the rooms are situated at the top of the building. It was very dated compared to our previous room however but it was a nice gesture.

The only downside to the rooms I felt was that I couldn't sleep too well, the beds were huge but not that comfy. There was also a constant beeping from the crossing outside which kept me awake. Maybe once the rooms are updated this won't be such a problem?

The breakfast was outstanding! My husband & I were very impressed. One of the best we've ever had!

The pool was also very nice, clean & relaxing. That was a nice little bonus to our trip.

Overall I don't think I would stay again as there are so many other amazing hotels in Amsterdam for a lower price. But I'm glad that we have tried it.

I would recommend if you can get a room for a good price! :)

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the street are nice and quiet. Suite rooms have a great view but can be noisy...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Can't miss this hotel, its a big Victorian place slap bang in the centre. Great location to tour around Amsterdam. Hotel staff were friendly enough and rooms were a decent size and clean. I wouldn't have any hesitation in staying here again. Came here for a short weekend break.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2014

SUPERLOCATION, close to trains to the airport (just across the street), walkingdistances to museums, flowermarket, shoppingstreets (just around the corner) beautiful house, both inside and outside, always very lovely and sweet staff, I love this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Kind regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I arrived to Amsterdam early morning after a long night train trip. I asked for my room but they told me it was not ready so i waited for 4 hours till they could offer me to check in.
Finally i got my key and i went to my room thinking about first thing i would do when getting in, having a fresh shower after so many hours traveling was great... The room was small and view to an interior courtyard not into the standards of a Park Plaza hotel and also the bathroom was so far away to reach this quality standards, it was small and smelly with a very small shower plenty of mold. It was not was i expected so i went down and asked for another exterior room, the guy on the reception was nice and found a new room for me but i should wait for another 3 hours. I got to the room on the "Urban Wing" which seems to be newer than the main building. The room size was ok, much big than the first one and with a nice view to the Central Station. Furniture with a modern style but not very well maintained. Nice lights but most of them were not working. The bathroom size was ok and it was new but it's not well maintained, white materials with stain, etc. Towels were fresh but very small and thin.
Breakfast service was very bad, staff talking and tables full of trash. Quality of food was terrible and if you wake up late the choice is even worst.
Very expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
AnnetteAdan, PA to the General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry to read about the way you experienced your stay and your room, which we highly regret. I have discussed this matter with the relevant department heads to take appropriate action to prevent re-occurrence. This certainly does not detract from the obvious discomfort and inconvenience caused to you. Therefore please accept our sincere apologies. We would like to ask you to consider giving us a future opportunity to demonstrate to you the level of service and rooms we aim to provide to our valued guests.
We hope to have reinstalled your trust in our hotel and services, and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed before and I really can't fault this hotel its great.we got up graded to the new part which was excellent. The staff are very friendly and even helped us print out our boarding passes. I cannot fault this hotel one bit very clean tidy rooms , some may think its over priced but I payed 270 euro for two nights which is very reasonable were I come from.its so near train station and they will hold your bags after check out for you.its near everything and not noisy at night.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sir, Madam,

We appreciate you taking the time to review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. It has been a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you again to Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, or to one of our affiliated hotels, in the near future when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 2pm (check in time) the room was not ready. They gave us a voucher to sit at the bar whilst we waited. The Receptionist who attended us was grumpy and needed more customer service training - no interest at all... Didn't even make eye contact whilst talking to us, didn't tell us how long we would need to wait for the room, I asked what time we should come back she was literally like Mehhh whenever ... Our room was a deluxe £165 per night .. The room it self was nice and clean, for that price in a 4 star I would have thought that we would have the usual kit in the bathroom, we only had the shower gel and shampoo, no cotton buds or sewing kit ( I've gotten those in 3star hotels).. The towels were old and a couple of them had holes in them ... I thought id get a robe and slippers too (especially as there was a spa for guests to use) but nope.... Over all it was ok, I have stayed in much nicer 4 star hotels ...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
AnnetteAdan, PA to the General Manager at Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Madam, thank you for taking the time to express your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to read not all service provided was up to the standard you expected, and may expect. The period of your stay was indeed an extremely busy period causing delays in checking in at time. Obviously this is no excuse and does not destract from the discomfort you experienced. Regarding your remark about the towels we are pleased to be able to inform you that we have started a new line recently. Your comment regarding the receptionist has been discussed with the front desk manager so that appropriate action can be taken. We do hope to be able to welcome you again on another occasion so that we can show you the level of service overall that we aim to provide our guests. Kind regards.