“A safe bet”

Ranked #12 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
stockholm
“A safe bet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2008

I stayed at the hotel with my family - the location is excellent, very good breakfast, the rooms quite small but ok - the open bar in the lobby is a very nice idea - you meet people and it is nice to relax there after a long day in the city.

• Liked — The location and the open bar
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank stockholmguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2008

I have just returned from a two night stay at the banks mansion hotel. The staff at this hotel are probably the best I have encoutered. They are extremely friendly and helpful. I arrived early at the hotel and they were able to check me in at 10am (check-in time is 3pm). The free bar is great in the lobby. Breakfast was great I had pancakes whick were delicious! The rooms are quiet small but the bathroom is a good size. Just a note to anyone who needs a hairdryer...bring your own! The ones in the room are very weak-this is ok if you dont have too much hair but it was a problem for me!!
The location is great 3mins walk to main shopping street. All in all, good value for money.

• Liked — Service and Location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nadalert
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2008

Just want to reiterate what other have said here.

Loved the hotel. Spent 2 nights in May and though I did not have a "canal" view room my room was only one room back from the corner so still had the view!

The staff were helpful and accommodating and provided restaurant recommendations. One night I was particularly tired and just wanted some take away indian or thai food. The receptionist rang a few restaurants for me when I asked for a recommendation and sent me in the right direction - good food too! When I arrived back with my thai they even offered to get me a plate and cutlery!

The free mini bar is a great idea - though unfortunately I don't drink whisky, cognac or gin but that's okay - they had everything else you could imagine in the free bar downstairs!

My room was pre-paid but my cc was accidently debited twice for the city tax (computer glitch at time of check out). No problems - within 3 days of my contacting the hotel by email the charge was reversed.

Only one minor complaint - no coffee making facilities in the room. I think that would be a good idea.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank chickybabe123
Portsmouth, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

This hotel was not too hard to find. Mind you we had a TomTom, which I highly recommend for getting into Amsterdam.

We had to park along the canal to unload our luggage, which wasn't a huge amount because we were only staying for 3 nights, but we only had enough change for an hour. The hotel recommended a local car park which we then went to and used the 24 hour parking and didn't move it again until we left, mind you it did cost us 140 Euro!

Check in was easy. Everyone spoke English. Got the lift up to the top floor and entered our non smoking room. We had the eaves in our room so the bed was tucked into there a bit. I never banged my head which I thought I would do. The air conditioning was great. We had very warm, unseasonal weather while we were there so we left it on all day.

The room had everything we needed, a safe, hanging spcace in the wardrobes. The only thing it didn't have was a set of drawers but we managed fine. There was also a desk, tv and 3 decanters on a table with whisky, gin and brandy at no extra charge. The mini bar was free too with soft drinks and lager.

We had a canal view and it was lovely. Such a beautiful city.

We also found out on the last night that we free access to the adult channels on the tv. There was also a dvd player in the room but we couldn't figure out which channel to use on the tv.

You even had a pillow menu!! Where you could choose between a variety of pillows.

The breakfast was excellent too. There was bacon and sausages and you could get eggs the however you wanted them cooked. Pancakes could be cooked to order too. There was also cereal and a selection of cold meats and cheeses. Various drinks were there too.

Downstairs, just by reception, there is the lounge where you can sit and chill. Various drinks are there including beer, wine, and spirits and also some snacks. All of this is at no extra charge. This is a smoking area and although we are non smokers this was not a problem for us.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Excellent location. We pretty much walked everywhere and was around 15 minutes to anywhere we wanted to go.

I would happily book this hotel again next time I am in Amsterdam, which I hope will not be too long from now.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Smoking
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharben
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2008

What is not to love about this hotel? The accommodation is lovely, the breakfast is very good, lots of nibbles in the living/reception area throughout the day/evening, and free booze for your minibar. (And if you ask nicely, they'll swap the provided spirits for something you prefer - like we swapped the whisky for vodka every time). The location is great and the staff are friendly. I tell everyone who is thinking of staying in Amsterdam to consider this hotel as their base.

• Liked — They make you feel welcome
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NurseFloNightingale
Pontypridd, South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights in May. Really can't fault the hotel. Staff are very attentive and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable, but the bathroon was even better with a really big bath plus a separate rain shower. Breakfast is lovely and there is a chef to cook omelettes and pancakes etc if you want. One of the best bits though is the free mini bar in your room and the free drinks and snacks in the lounge in the lobby. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — The free bar, location and huge bathroom
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marzipan2
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2008

We spent a long weekend in Amsterdam and selected this Hotel mostly based on reviews I read here. It was everything the website says it was. I really can't fault this hotel at all.

We arrived around 8am and couldnt check-in til after lunch, which was expected and we were fine with that. Simply left luggage there and went exploring Amsterdam.

When we returned at 2pm to check-in the room was ready and we headed up. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a corner room with canal views. It was awesome! It felt more like a suite than a standard room. The bathroom with rain shower and separate bath was impeccably clean. The bed was comfy and we had 4 massive double windows/doors and a mini balcony looking out over the canal.

And the best bit, *everything* is included in the room rate. So i nailed at least a dozen Hoegaardens and a few glasses of wine in the lobby over the 3 days, all complimentary. Even when you return at 1am from a night out you can chill by the fire with a drink in the lobby unhassled.

Love this place.