“Nice place Amsterdam downtown”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam
Ranked #52 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Nice place Amsterdam downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Very confortable hotel, close to the pubblic trasportation. The rooms are not very large but you can find everithing you need: free coffee machine, tv with all the major european tv; frigo bar very expensive. Room services for breakfast with no additional cost.
Excellent restaurant.
I suggest u to go there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kim L, PA to the General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and our Palmboom restaurant. We look forward to your next stay. Please friend us on facebook.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

it was not a great hotel as I expected. The room was cold, small and different from pics from internet. Some of stuff were good and polite, some of them were rude and impulsive. Once I wanted a new kettle from the receptionist, he brought a new one and asked for the old one to give him back. I said ok! I go back to room and he suddenly entered the room. The room is my private place. He shouldnt do that, at least he should ask for permisson. This shows that they don't choose their stuff carefully. The possitive things were; they gave a city map, there is a luggage room that you can put your luggage after check-out and free wi-fi. there is 2 coffeshops very close to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

It was a little tricky finding it. I walked from Central Station and followed the instructions the hotel sent me, however, they were incomplete. The checkin was very good and even though I arrived before noon, I was given a room. The nice lady who checked me in was going to assign a room on the 1st floor. I was traveling alone so I asked if I could have a room on a higher floor. She assigned a king bedded room on the 2nd floor which faced the adjacent building. This made the room dark and the lighting wasn't great. I had to go down the elevator and walk to the connecting building which was rather odd. The bar was very nice. I didn't eat at the restaurant. I was only there for one night. I've stayed at many Radisson Blu properties. The location is great once you find it. Very close to restaurants and sites. Central Amsterdam is a great walking city. If I stayed there again, I would request a room facing the street or a view with more light coming in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MKK10
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with 2 other couples, was a surprise hubby's birthday. Got upgraded to canal view room. Staff were friendly, couldn't do enough to help you. Room was massive! Breakfast excellent!!

Drinks at the bar £££££££££, we bought our own and sat in our room looking out at the canal.

Breakfast was expensive but we asked if there was any special offers on and got a reduction.

Beds were comfy. We'll stocked mini bar, we didn't take anything out it though!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Larnaca, Larnaca, Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in here with 2 other couples we upgraded to suite for 75 euros per night and would say do no waste your money as room was ok and meant to have free mini bar but have stayed in many places and have not seen a mini bar without spirits. My friends in the other rooms had them in paying bars. Breakfast ok plenty choice but again not great great area to go exploring. Stayed in grand amrath previously and would prefer to pay extra money to go there with there free mini bar

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

There was no effort to make me feel welcome. When the receptionist noticed that my reservation was on Club Carlson points there was less interest in my stay. There was no flexibility on my check-out time as my room was "pre-booked" (in November?). The check-out was as unfriendly as the check-in. Consistent in that regard. Room was facing road so was quite noisy despite double-glazing windows. But the rest of the hotel was nice with great ambience in foyer.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room stay away from those that face the road.