“Love this hotel.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam
Ranked #54 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed at The Radisson Blu before and I can thoroughly recommend it. This time my room was across the road from the main Reception, but in no way was my room inferior, in fact the view from my bedroom was fantastic.
All the staff I spoke to during my stay where friendly and efficient, the hotel is as you would expect from a Radisson and is of a high standard.
The location is superb, handy for a lot of Amsterdam's attractions, yet tucked away in a quiet street, and a lovely neighbourhood, I walked from Centraal Station to the hotel and its approx 20 minutes.
Fantastic hotel, and I hope to return later in the year .

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a canal view do so, it is worth the extra.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and paid £110 a night recently whilst sight-seeing in Amsterdam. As we were out from 9am until 2am each day we didn't really get to take full advantage of the hotel or its facilities. However, the bits we experienced we liked.

The hotel is impressive. As you enter, you realise that it has been built around the facade of an old, original Amsterdam house. It really is pretty inside.

The hotel is very well located for getting around. It is basically at the top of the Red Light District and a 15-20 minute walk from the central train station. We walked, but a cab shouldn't cost much at all.

Every time we spoke to anyone working here we were treated professionally and courteously.

The hotel has a restaurant (expensive, as expected) and a bar (expensive, as expected). The bar looks very nice - we didn't visit though.

Room was good. Comfy beds, plenty of high-pressure hot water, mini-bar with extortionate prices (£13 for a whisky and coke, £5 for M&Ms) but with space for your own stuff.

I would definitely stay here again if I traveled to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a canal-side room and you will get a good view from your room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mattsand0

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We are delighted about your positive feedback and are looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights from the 27th Feb 2014 for my birthday. The staff at the hotel were very good and really helpful. We especially enjoyed our chats with the bar Manager when we had our nightcaps. The rooms were nice with plenty of space. There was the usual problem for my wife with no mirror near a powerpoint for drying her hair. It amazes me how many top class hotels fail to recognise this essential female need. For a 4 star hotel the beds were disappointing. Most high class hotels now have king size beds pretty much as standard. We had to wait until the following day to be able to upgrade to a room with a king size bed. Trouble was the quilt was only a standard double size and did not fit!
The pillows were so soft they did not support your head properly. We asked for 2 extra pillows which we got immediately, but really we should have requested a third. Breakfast was pretty good. Self service buffet.
All in all not a bad stay, but unless the bed situation is improved we would probably not stay her again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback. Your comments are valued, and will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

a few little niggles, but overall, a very good hotel. I have stayed here before and would happily stay here again. The rooms were clean and warm, hot water whenever needed. The hotel is not the cheepest hotl in Amsterdam, but for a hotel with all the international extras you would expect, this is a small price to pay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for your positive comments. I am happy to read that we can welcome you back in the near future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is definitely in the downtown section of Amsterdam. Close to the red light district, lots of shopping, bars and clubs, and restaurants. Also only 15 minutes walk from the train station.
That's about all that I loved about this hotel, though. The location really is ideal- close to everything but quiet.
The rooms are only so-so. Check in staff did not seem interested in anything but getting me out of the way. Breakfast and the restaurant are way too pricey. The beds were a bit uncomfortable, but the room was large enough. You can only see the TV from one of the beds. Our upgrade was stingy- from a normal room to a "business" one with a fax machine or printer or something. I didn't really care for it.
I expect this brand of Radisson to be more modern and luxurious, but this hotel just felt like a convenient place to rest your head at night, then leave during the day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here at the weekend whilst on a business trip. It's a great location - quiet but everything you need is close by. Room was on the small side and décor not to my liking but the staff have been excellent and I love the 'Vicarage' bar. Not cheap to book directly but my sister booked a package deal which turned out to be fairly reasonable. Food also on the pricey side but there are plenty of other options near the hotel. Loved the heated bathroom floor! Nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We are very pleased about your positive comments concerning our "Pastorie" bar, as well as our service. We hope you will consider us again on your next visit to Amsterdam.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed here for business. Great location downtown. Close to red light district. Gives lots of opportunity to get outside, walk, experience the city. Hotel did nice job with meeting rooms. Food was good. Rooms were quiet, clean, comfortable. Bathrooms are nice.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.