“They have it right”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“They have it right”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Spent just two nights at the hotel. Modern mixed with some old features that works really well. Very soft mattress, comfortable stay. The hotel is spotless and so professionally done, even at breakfast it ran like clockwork. Our outlook was walls of close buildings but it's location on the canal is great. Shops and city features all around. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DhrGadet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

There are two parts to this hotel - the main entrance is down a side street. The main problem I usualy have with hotels is noise as I am an incredibly light sleeper. We had requested on our booking to have a quiet room and we indeed got this. The corridors are carpeted which I have noticed makes a massive difference as I have been plagued in the past by the noise of drunken heels stamping their way down laminated floors in previous hotel stays. The room was a decent size, the only criticism is that the room could do with a *little* updating - for example there were chips on the bathroom door and the table. However, these are very minor criticisms. We also had good service from the staff as we needed to request, on two seperate occassions, an extra pillow and extra milke. We called reception from the room to make both of these requests and on both occassions the requested product was with us within 10 minutes. The foyer is beautiful and the hotel is a short walk to all the main sites of Amsterdam. I would defintely stay again.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room when booking
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PerkyBoingo
We are very pleased about your positive comments concerning our staff and service.
We hope you will consider us again on your next visit to Amsterdam.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a business reason. It's a high-class hotel that has the amazing facilities to work and to rest. The staff is friendly and helpful. Has a great location with the historic areas and canals around. The room was comfortable and spacious. The breakfasts were tasty and varied. I was very satisfied with this stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcome you again!
Lusaka
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights for a business meeting which was taking place in the hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful and efficient. My room overlooked a wall so if you are booking the room yourself ask for the street viewing rooms. They had English news channels on the TV and free WIFI which I appreciated. It was nice that the hotel is walking distance from the 'down town' area which we took advantage of when we had some hours to spare. The only complaint was we had to buy an adaptor which my colleague and I decided to share as our laptop plugs were different from the European ones. Luckily the shop right by the hotel lobby had them. I think considering the amount of business meetings I saw in the hotel the least they can do is lend or rent out one!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback. Your comments are valued, and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Tamaqua, PA
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel mostly because of reward points that I had with property. Its is a very nice hotel with a nice proximity to the historic areas and canals; as well as the metro stop if you come in by train. Also, very clean bright and modern. I think however they stand at a little higher rate per day then similar situated properties. While there, I notiiced they were host to several business conferences, which also probably explains a supply and demand rate on the price; however it also seems to be whom they cater to. If you find a good deal on this property, don't be afraid to take it you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others!
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wonderful place to stay. Great staff in all aread. ;lkjasdf;lkjsadljksa;lkjal;dfkjasl;dkfjl;askdfjl;dkjsfl;kjsadfl;kjsda;lfjk;alsdkfjl;asdkfjl;asdkjfl;askjdfl; askdj fl;kas jd f l;kjsadfl;kjsad;l sdfa l;sdfal;k jsdfalsdaf; lsadl;kf sdafl;kj sdafl;kj dsfa kl;sda;lf k

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

When I checked in I was naturally asked to provide a credit card against expense, which I did asking that this should be a hold and not a charge since I intended to pay for the stay with a company debit card. Luis, who checked me in assured me that this instruction would be followed, but when I checked out I discovered they had in fact charged my credit card and even though they then credited this amount, I incurred significant additional costs in the difference in the exchange rate between the original charge and the credit, and therefore had to open a disputed charge with my credit card company. In addition, I had to extend my stay at the hotel twice and each time the rate changed - the charge for the final 2 nights went up to over €400 per night - not a very good policy for ensuring return visits. Also no international newspapers available, even at cost. Otherwise the hotel staff were wonderful and the room very comfortable.

Room Tip: on the canal
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not completly satisfied.
We will look into this matter. If you would be so kind to send us the detailed information to guest.amsterdam@radissonblu.com, we will contact you directly.