“excellent hotel and location.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam
Ranked #50 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
“excellent hotel and location.”
Reviewed 20 December 2010

rooms are spacious and airy. location is within a short walking distance to basically everything. the only down side is the hotel staff be it at the reception or diners. quit rough edged in dealings with visitors.
overall this is a very good hotel and would go again.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I spent a week at the hotel and for the most part, had a very positive experience. The service was excellent -- the staff made extra accommodations at breakfast for my dietary restrictions and were always attentive to my needs. The rooms were quite spacious, especially for European standards. And the location was excellent, very nearby the trams and metro. My only complaint is about the thin mattresses in all the rooms. When you lie down, you can feel the springs. After I complained, the staff put a wooden board under the mattress and gave me an extra blanket to lie on top of. While this helped, it still wasn't the most comfortable. Otherwise, my stay was very good.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I’m an experienced Canadian traveller. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam @ Rusland 17 is a wonderful hotel. It is located in a perfect location, very central to the downtown core which made getting anywhere a breeze. It was very refreshing to experience the high level of customer service that I received during my entire week stay. Whatever questions or issues I had were attended to promptly whether it was checking in/out, an order for an electrical adapter, reservations for the airport shuttle, messages, maps or just plain directions the friendly staff at the front desk were always eager to assist me.

I stayed in one of the newer rooms and it was really 1st class, modern, gorgeous and everything worked. There was a safe which I always like for my passport and other valuables. See if you can get one of those newer rooms! After such a wonderful first day I felt really comfortable and confident. I appreciated the free wifi. I appreciated the chocolates that were left on my pillow every evening. I felt spoiled. The housekeeping staff were excellent. A very professionally run hotel. If that isn’t enough, I even received a phone call from the hotel on day 1 or day 2 asking me if everything was ok, “very considerate” I thought to myself. I was at the hotel bar on two occasions and I liked the bar and the bar staff. I never dined in the restaurant so I can’t comment on it. There are so many dining options in downtown Amsterdam, and I was continuously out and about doing things that I didn’t have the chance to try out the Radisson restaurant.

Amsterdam is a very unique and charming city and the people there are refreshingly very friendly and liberal. I highly recommend taking a boat tour for a unique perspective of the canals and the architecture and also a visit to the Amsterdam historical museum is great as well which is only a 10 -12 minute walk from the hotel. A visit to the giant upscale department store, the De Bijenkorf, is a must and there is a great restaurant/café’ on the 5th floor. I hope to return to the Netherlands again soon because I enjoyed it so much and if I stay again in Amsterdam I will definitely stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Syncona
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I had the chance to be the first one to sleep in their new suits.
A double decker room, al in white, on the roof of the bldg, with windows on the 4 sides and even over the bed for a sky view.
It has 2 salons, a theatrical music system, a play station 3, 2 TVs and a balcony.
It was an over expected great experience.
The hotel's location is the best you can get, 30 seconds from the centre and the red light district.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Uk
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Good comfortable hotel with pleasant quiet rooms enabling a good nights sleep. Free in room wifi.

Good location for business and pleasure.

Pricey but you get what you pay for and for me it's the only decent business hotel I've found so far in Amsterdam. Breakfast is pleasant enough, minibar is a rip off.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Fantastic location on a quiet street adjacent to the university but a stones throw from all the action. I stayed in a room facing the street on the 4th floor which was spacious (said Deluxe on the outside plaque) and quiet with excellent beds. The TV could use an upgrade. Wireless internet was spotty but wireline was good - both included in my room price. I did not have the hotel breakfast although I was within 5 mins of excellent bakeries and cafes - which the front desk recommended. They were also very helpful in suggesting places to visit, eat at, shop, nightlife etc. Within walking distance trams (5-10 mins), main station (10-15 mins), major attractions, shopping etc. So you can get your work done in a quiet location when needed and get to the party areas/shopping in less than 15-20 mins either walking or by public transport.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam is a very well located business class hotel in central Amsterdam. The accommodation is comfortable and of a high standard, with the night life of the city minutes away. The hotel features a central courtyard design, with the room I stayed in having a street view. The street is very quiet and I had an extremely peaceful stay.

The business facilities are very good with the catering of a very high standard.

My only gripe is that, as this hotel caters for business travellers, the prices are rather high and the minibar (including water) extortionate. Save your Euros and take a walk to a shop!

All in all, a good hotel in Amsterdam. Recommended. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business