Hotel Beethoven is very well located in south part of Amsterdam in Beethovenstreet. It is only 10-15 minutes by taxi from the airport Amsterdam Schiphol. It is good starting location to go to the city centre - direct connection by tram (i mean only 5 stops) which has the station very near to hotel. Near to the hotel there are many different stores (supermarket Albert Heijn - open till 10 p.m., fashion, drugstore) and restaurants (next to the hotel good chinese restaurant, Starbucks, various pubs).
From the entrance door the hotel looked very traditionaly. The reception is small and very cosy. And this is the main disadvantage - although the hotel is very cosy, everything is too small. The receptionist was very kind and very eficient. Although we were a group of a few people, check-in was very fast and efficient. In the hall it is available free wifi.
My room was in the first floor. You can use stairs or 1 elevator. Access to the room is by the card. The room was realy tiny. I can't imagine that in this 2-bed room can be accomodated 2 persons. There is hardly space for 1 person. The room looked very old-fashion but on the other side it was cosy (see picture). It was average equiped - sat-tv (also possible buy paid tv channels), telephone, alarm clock, safe. Wifi is not free (free only in reception) but you can buy access to internet for some 3,50 EUR/24 hours/2 devices. I bought myself wifi-access for both 2 nights what I spent in the hotel. But first day there were serious problems with wifi coverage and I nearly couldn 't use it. The surprise was that the next day it was without any problem.
If I wrote that the room is too small, the bathroom is really very very small. Wc, shower corner - everywhere to less space. But what is positive - all lights there are modern led technology so it means the hotel takes care about enviroment.
Other disadvantage I see in the fact that the hotel doesn't have any restaurant opened in the evening. If you want go for some dinner you must go search for any restaurant nearby. Breakfasts are served in small hall in the ground floor. I must tell breakfasts are average or slightly above average. Good choice and perfect quality of products. Overall I was very satisfied with the breakfasts.
I see the hotel Beethoven very suitable for business stay. If you travel alone you can use it also as a great starting point to go to the Amsterdam centre. For travelling in pair there are too small rooms in the hotel. From my point of view the hotel is not very cheap - but everything in NL is not very cheap. So overall it was not bad stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam