Good clean and comfortable hotel, in a good location. The street is pleasantly tree-lined, with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, and close to very pleasant walks by a suburban "green-area" canal. The tram stops (5 & 24) into the city centre are 2 minutes' walk away. We had a corner-room over-looking the street, with its trees and park-style benches, which was very nice. Yet there was surprisingly little noise from the street. A local supermarket was just round the corner.
The bedrooms are generous in size, the shower-toilets are well-kept. An electric kettle is supplied along with coffee & tea sachets, sugar & creamers. The wardrobes, however, were disappointingly narrow & small, with only a small amount of hanging space. The shelf space was so high up, that it was only usable by a tall person (I'm small), or someone with a set of steps. The rooms have air-conditioning that you can switch on & off at will. Very useful on a hot day or a warm, still night. The accoustic insulation seemed to be good, as we didn't hear a thing from other adjacent bedrooms.
The breakfast room was just behind the reception area, and was rather small. The TV is always on bringing you the latest international news in English. The buffet breakfasts were fairly good & filling, with cereals, tinned fruit & yoghourt to start with. But the same "boiled" mini-sausages, the same scrambled eggs (though this was nicely cooked), the same 3 sliced cold meats, the same 3 sliced cheeses - every morning for a week, did get a bit boring. A bit more variety would have been nice - e.g. fried bacon, mushrooms, hot tomatoes, small burgers, and perhaps a pot of hot beans. Still, everything was spotlessly clean.
The staff are pleasant & helpful.
It's strictly a No-Smoking hotel. You could be fined 50 Euros for smoking in the bedroom - even if you stand blowing the smoke out of the window; and you'll only get it back when you leave, if the hotel housekeeper is satisfied that no further smoking has taken place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you’re enjoying a city break or are on a business trip; you find a warm and friendly welcome at the Hampshire Hotel Beethoven in Amsterdam Zuid (South). The hotel is conveniently situated in the prestigious ‘Beethovenstraat’, a street best known for its luxury shops and variety of trendy bars and restaurants for fine wining and dining. The neighbourhood ‘Amsterdam Oud Zuid’ is a beautiful area and great to experience every day Amsterdam life at its best. Enjoy tasty classic dishes at Brooks Brasserie. The brasserie is available for a cup of coffee, drinks, light meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Looking for the hustle and bustle of the Amsterdam city centre? With trams stopping right on the hotel’s doorstep, you get there fast and easy. Or stop on the way at interesting spots such as the newly renovated Rijksmuseum, the beautiful Vondelpark, the Albert Cuijp market and the vibrant Leidseplein with its bars, terraces, shops, cinemas and the new DeLaMar Theatre. Close to Hampshire Hotel Beethoven is the Amsterdam Zuid (South) station, from which metro 50 takes you directly to Amsterdam Arena. Here you find the ArenA football stadium, the Ziggo Dome concert hall, the Heineken Music Hall and much more to keep you entertained. Travelling for business? Due the location of our hotel in the South of Amsterdam it is also very popular with business travellers. The Amsterdam RAI convention centre and the Amsterdam WTC (World Trade Centre) are within walking distance and also the Amsterdam VU (university) is easily accessible. Hampshire Hotel Beethoven offers an outstanding service and comfortable rooms. With a private bathroom with bath tub or shower, flat screen TV, coffee and tea making facilities, a laptop safe and Wi-Fi internet free of charge, you will find all the comfort you need to unwind and recharge for the next day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Beethoven Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampshire Hotel Beethoven
- Hampshire Hotel Amsterdam