“Only if you come to room just for sleeping”

Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Ranked #344 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Location - This hotel's location is the best part about it. RLD, Central Station and Dam Square are just walking distance.

Rooms - Not at all for people who are used to staying in 5 star hotels. The rooms are very basic and small. You might get a room with the front view if you are lucky. Moreover you have to deposit keys at reception every time you checkout.

Breakfast - Its very very basic and served at the restaurant at GF.

Wifi - No wifi in rooms. Only works in the GF lobby.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the front road
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel is overpriced, overrated at 3 stars (1 is being generous) and the just don't care once they have your money. Payed €180 for a family room for 2 adults and a 4 year old and was given room 108 at the front with 3 really small single beds one of which was broken. The room was reasonable otherwise but was unbearably hot and when I asked the girl at reception for a fan, I was told there were none spare, she couldn't do anything about it and I hadn't booked a room with A/C or a fan. I told her that was unacceptable and asked to speak to the manager but she refused to call her saying that the manger was not working at that time and would not be bothered about an issue with a fan. I was then told I could always leave the hotel but would not get a refund. We were also told to open the large windows for ventilation but when I pointed out that we had a small child and leaving an almost full length window open would be dangerous, this was just dismissed as being our choice. In desperation, we did open the windows during the night but this meant that we could not sleep because we could not risk leaving the child unsupervised in case she climbed up and fell out. Just as well, as we saw 2 mice trying to come into the room through the open window. We decided to cut our losses and left at 4AM to go to our next location, Paris. This hotel ruined our experience of Amsterdam by their shoddy hotel and their terrible attitude. I would not go to this hotel again even if it was the last one on earth and strongly advise people to avoid it.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Blackbirdrick
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I only stayed here for one evening and that was one evening too many.
When I arrived 4 hours before check in time, the lobby was full of luggage. I was told zi could leave my bags anywhere. When I mentioned my briefcase was too important to leave out in the lobby, I was told, "It's OK, we haven't lost a bag in 9 years." When I told the desk clerk "There's always a first time," I was told, "You could go to Central Station and get a locker." So, I chose to go to another hotel where I had stayed before and they took care of my briefcase.
When I finally checked in, I was given a key that did not work. I had to get another key. After getting into the room, I wanted to put my valuables in the safe but there were no directions in English Lucky for me I also speak Spanish enough to get thru the process. The safe did not work. When I tried to call the front desk, the telephone did not work so I had to go to the front desk again. After some wait, I was followed to my room to be shown how to re-set the safe. This was not part of the instruction process in Spanish.
The room was like a prison with one brick wall and two twin beds opposite the brick wall. A small flat screen hung behind the beds. No chairs, no wall hangings, very stark.
When I checked out, I asked how to call the front desk or how to make a call and the answer to both questions was "I don't know." Awful experience.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alan S
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had room 107 - a good size room and good size bathroom, but the room is in the front of the hotel and very noisy from trams, and passing motor bikes. It is also next door to a chip stand which has lots of customers until 1.00 a.m! The bathroom also has the downpipe for the rest of the hotel and so toilet flushes can be heard for most of the night! Hotel staff are very friendly and the hotel is in an excelllent position.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cyrilthesquirrel
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Had a good time at Delta hotel.
Location is very very good. very close to everything, you do not even need public transportation (well, just to/from the airport). Red light district, coffeeshops, bars and the nightlife is all within walking distance.
Staff were were nice and friendly.
My room was nice and clean and the breakfast was good too.
I will definately stay there again if I come back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Giuseppe P
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had a good stay at the Delta hotel.

The location is great!!! minutes walking from the central station and all the main attraction.
The people at the front desk were all very friendly and helpful. They helped us out with advice and directions for all the main attractions the city has to offer.
The room was nice, not huge but perfect for the 3 of us. It was facing the main street but it was on the forth floor so it wasn't too noisy. The room was clean and our towels were changed every day.
I'll definately stay there again and I will recommend it to my friends as well.

Room Tip: We liked having our room facing the main street
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Humus M
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights, i was in room 114 the room was small but very clean it had everything you needed in it including a shower, hair dryer ect...
The staff were extremely friendly and will help you in any way they can l. the hotel is a 2 miniute walk from central station and is close by to all the major attractions.
The only bad thing about the hotel is that you have to go down to the lobby to use the wifi but apart from that everything else is brilliant and I would most certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013