“I enjoyed my stay here for 3 nights”

Ibis Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #145 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 December 2011

At first, I was a bit hesitant on staying here because of the location being right next door to Centraal Station. But, it turned out to be great and so convienent! I was lucky to be given a spacious room as soon as I checked in (early in the morning) with one of the best views of a city I have ever have. I found the beds to be comfortable. The breakfast was alot to choose from and served from early morning until almost noon! Suprisingly I did not hear and noise coming from the train station. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The young lady at the front desk on our arrival even gave us a recommendation for getting a cheap sandwich at the train station (rather than buying an overpriced meal at the hotel). There was one staff member at check out at 4 am who was worth avoiding.
All in all, it was a good stay here and I would return to this location if I return to Amsterdam. The only complaint that I have is that the room floors were not as clean as I would have liked. Bring light slippers or cheap flip flops if you go.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ibis Amsterdam Centre

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I had to wait 10 - 15 minues every time at front desk; to check in, when my room card stopped working, to ask a question. I did want to use WiFi but couldn't be bothered queueing once again so just left it. You need more staff on the front desk, or make the process faster to check in!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Campinas, Brazil
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Very good location, complete breakfast, room size, noise insulation and free internet connection were the positive points. Staff was friendly.
On the other hand, some towels were stained and their cleanliness could be better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Very good location, next to the Railway Station, you can walk nearly everywhere, that is the only good thing I can say about the Ibis in Amsterdam. When we arrived, nice friendly reception, given the key, and then had a shock in the allocated room, there was a condom hanging down from the fire alarm in the room, which I found more then disgusting, the chamberperson did NOT do a proper job at all ! then given another room which was ok, be aware, the rooms and bathrooms are very small ! and most have a direct view of the Railway Station, Announcement can be noisy! but closed window cuts most of the noise out. Advice: take your earplugs along as I did, and you are fine. Found the Hotel expensive for such a small room, but brilliant location, ok for 1 or 2 nights, No Longer ! Enjoy Amsterdam !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotels in Amsterdam are very expensive, and London-style B&Bs generally are not available for decent lodging at a less dear price. Thus, with much searching and comparing on-line, we chose Ibis for a one-night stay in Amsterdam. Arriving from Schipol to Amsterdam about 7 am and tired, we were very glad to discover that the hotel was right there (closer even than we expected based on booking info). And we were thrilled to learn that a room was available for us at that hour. Yes, it was quite small with two single beds pushed together. But, it was clean and allowed us to nap and shower before exploring the city and it sufficed for the night, given that we really had 1.5 nights for one price, counting nap time). We decided to return for 3 more nights nearly a week later. This time, the room was much better, less expensive, and included breakfast, because a better deal was available on-line. If you do not get breakfast included in your deal, do not pay for it (15 Euros/person), because you can get it elsewhere much less, as we did on our first stay. Try Sandwich Village, just to the SE of the hotel and on
the way to Anne Frank House--good food and free Wi-Fi (as does Ibis in the lobby--4
Euros/day in your room).

Room Tip: The Hotel straddles Amsterdam Centraal. Stay up high in the South Wing if train noise will bother y...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The room was too small and the single beds too narrow for a good sleep. There was no visible thermostat to adjust the room temperature as a result had to open window and listen to the train noises all night. The duvet was too thick and hot. Stayed extra night in Amsterdam after AMA Rhine cruise. Sorry to say but the ships cabin was larger than the room and it had an oversize queen bed. Otherwise the hotel was OK,-clean and friendly service and close to old town Amsterdam.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Aarhus
Reviewed 23 November 2011

During check inn I was asked to pay for the already prepaid rooms. I refused and told that the rooms were already paid, but I had to pay!
During the 45min check-out!!!, the very skilled Ms. Ina found that there was a mistake and I got the money back. Disappointing that I had to waste so much time on issue which should not occur!

Good location, good hotel but as businessman who use internet every day, free internet in the rooms has become a benchmark for us.
No free internet, no deal.

Thanks