Ibis Amsterdam Centre
US$343
US$651
US$384
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$209
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$347
  • Pool
US$618
US$540
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$199
5,479 results
All reviewstrain stationgreat locationrooms are smallfree wificentral locationluggage roomshort staylight sleeperdam squaretriple roomcity breakred light districtbreakfast roomyogurtnoisekettleeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped here over a long weekend last week and found it be a decent hotel with the rooms very clean and also with British TV if your having a rest from all the walking. although a bit basic it wasn't a real problem as the price for it being located in the city next to the station was a bit of bargain.

The staff were very friendly and were keen to help and the secure luggage store meant check out times are not a problem if your flight Is later on.

For a first time visit and maybe wanting a point of reference with it being next to the station I would highly recommend it.

The station it's self has a good number of shops and all very reasonably priced which wouldn't be the case in England where a scotch egg costs more than a house in Scotland

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
DennisRullens, Commercial Manger at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Scott A,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived 15th March For Hen Party, Pleasantly Surprised. Rooms are not huge but big enough for a couple of nights stay, very clean, free use of the safe which I would definitely recommend as there are a lot of thieves out there. TV in room, hairdryer located in bathroom. Only complaint was the room was too warm despite having air conditioning unit, could have done with windows opening up a little more. We were on the 9th floor so didn't have a problem with noise. Breakfast was 16 euros for an all you can eat buffet, largely continental though.yoy can get an English breakfast close by bit almost same price by the time you have a coffee and juice. Would definitely stay here again & recommend. Easy to get to from airport via train.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Sonialou2000,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to come back.

Your feedback concerning the windows and aircooling; because of railway safety regulations we're not allowed to open the windows any further, but at least sufficient fresh air is coming in.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

It's a little ironic that I use the word uncomplicated to describe my stay at the Ibis, since I had to change lifts to get to my floor and it couldn't be just any lift, just those in the end of the entrance hall... but don't worry, everything has very clear signs.
I say it's uncomplicated because it's very easy to reach, it has a reasonable breakfast and the location as a sightseeing basis is very convenient, not only for Amsterdam, but for the neighboring areas too. Also, the TV has the option of setting an alarm, which is something I appreciate.
Downsides: it is so close that it can literally be too close to the train station in terms of noise, but as I was staying in the 9th floor, I can't complain about that. I do complain that the water pressure in the shower was very very weak up there. Also I didn't like the system: shower gel - shampoo - face soap all in one.
By the way, the room is small and there isn't much space to hang the clothes. Anyway, I've seen people complaining about that also when talking about other hotels from Amsterdam in the same price range.
Be aware: even at 9 o'clock in the morning you might be surprised by window cleaning activities outside the building. It's good that I was already ready to leave, otherwise I might have felt that my privacy was being violated, since I like to have natural light in the room and, on the 9th floor, I wasn't expecting that someone might get the chance to have a peek inside.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
DennisRullens, Commercial Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear JoaoAM,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre. I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location.

Your complaint concerning the water pressure, you are completely right. Last week there was a problem with the technical installation. Should there be something wrong with room, we encourage you to contact our reception. Should there be a technical issue we will fix it within 15 minutes.
Regarding the soap and shampoo, this is standard in every ibis hotel across the world to help conserve the environment. By using a single product and tube instead of several small plastic bottles, we save huge amounts of waste.

The size of the room can be considered as 'cute', which is often the case in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately we can't change the size of the rooms

I sincerely apologize for the fact that that the window cleaners stood in front of your window. I can imagine that it felt that your privacy was violated. I will inform our Facility Manager about this, to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you encountered. I do appreciate your feedback, which is most valuable to us.

It is my hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed her over New Years 2013/14
The rooms are modern and clean and the staff were very friendly
Its right next to the central station so you can get a train straight from the airport no hassles!
Its very well located and can be seen from many places in the city!
Would have been nice if there were tea and coffee making facilities but it is a budget hotel
On the first night it was very hot and we couldnt sleep - found the heat was turned up very high and would have been nice to no about this
Also have an inhouse bar and restaurant that is very affordable
Will stay again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guffin29

Dear Guffin29,

Thank you for choosing and reviewing Ibis Amsterdam Centre.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us in our beautiful city!

Should you need a kettle during a future stay, you can always borrow one at our reception desk.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.
We're looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com