“Best Amsterdam Experience!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manila, Philippines
“Best Amsterdam Experience!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The location is perfect! Just a 1-3 minute walk from their central station, and a 10-15 minute walk from everything else! It was so convenient, especially taking the train to the airport. (We also took a daytrip to Belgium, which I definitely recommend if you have the time!)

The hotel is nice, and so was our room. Our only problem (as always) was not having enough sockets to charge our gadgets though. But other than that, I had no other complaints. There wasn't a ref in our room, which was no biggie. There are vending machines on our floor. That was way more convenient than having to go downstairs to buy drinks. The view from our room was beautiful: the river, the IJ "The Eye" Film Museum (I think that's the building), and the train station below. It's surprisingly quiet as well - us being above the train station and all.

The service of the staff was wonderful! They were very friendly and very helpful. They gave us directions and even offered their opinions on where to go and what to see. They also let us check out late for free! (One of the perks of being an Accorhotel member; something I recommend others to join always ) Unfortunately, we didn't try their breakfast.

Thank you Amsterdam and Ibis for your wonderful hospitality. I'll visit again soon!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank giancarlaRN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Good to stay in for not more than 2 nights, as the rooms are too small.
The good thing about it, is that you'll be next to the center station and few meters away from dam square where you can do a lot of shopping.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank e_elarnaouti
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent location. 3 minute walk across the street from train station. Very friendly and helpful staff. We had a great room with an opening window onto the mail street. They have quiet rooms in the back but we wanted to be able to see the city at night and the noise was not bad at all with the window closed. Very clean and nicely appointed rooms, look to be recently remodeled. Great restaurant, Flame Brasserie, Amsterdam, right next door with large outside dining area and access to restaurant from the lobby of the hotel. Food was excellent. Service great. Ask for Patrick

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DTC8187
Winlock, Washington
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked my room at the Ibis because of the properties location, which is adjacent to Centraal Station. You cannot beat it! The train from Schipol Airport runs to Centraal Station and it is the hub for the GVB transport in Amsterdam as well. It is very easy to find a bus, tram, or Metro that is going to Centraal Station.
I stayed here for four nights (Friday-
The staff at the hotel was outstanding! In all of my encounters with the staff they were friendly, helpful and professional.
The room itself was OK. The bed, bathroom and workspace were adequate. There were two power outlets near the workspace and one in the bathroom, I could have used more. A luggage rack would be a nice touch as well. My room overlooked Centraal Station, but I couldn't hear the station noise unless I opened the window.
I think for the amenities at the hotel it is a bit overpriced, but the location and the staff make up for this.
Overall the Ibis was very good. I would probably stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank drmorf
Warrnambool, Australia

Great Hotel.
Location is superb. Room was super clean and generous in size. Amsterdam is small enough to comfortably walk everywhere but if you feel you need the rest, the train/tram/bus all leave a 1 minute walk from the hotel. We had a room facing away from the city on the 9th floor and it was lovely. Great view over the water. Despite being above the train station there was absolutely no noise, and it's proximity to city center made it a stand-out. Only wish there was a mini-fridge in the room but that's a tiny complaint.
We booked early and it was exceptional value. Would certainly stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kclif
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable throughout.
I'd use this hotel again anytime, it's ideally situated for all the delights Amsterdam has to offer.
I'd recommend a visit to the Anne Frank House and the Nemo Centre.
The breakfast buffet is hot and fresh with a good variety to suit all tastes.
I'm returning to Amsterdam in October but I'm staying at the Eden Hotel which has some interesting reviews, fingers crossed

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Darren H
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stay with my wife for 4 nights in summer, the first thing after walking & sightseeing all day in the city is cool room but they cant provide it.

Pros :
1. Location is great, close to main station.
2. Reasonable price.
3. Concierge is friendly.

Cons:
1. Why the room is smaller than other Ibis ?
2. AC needs to be fixed or change with new ones.
3. Bathroom extremely small.
4. The room is quite dusty.

Tips :
Don't stay in summer

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dalimartha
DennisRullens, Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Dalimartha,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our location and the friendliness of our front office staff.

You also pointed out you experienced some problems with the AC. I'm sorry to hear this influenced your stay with us. Should you experience technical problems, we invite you to contact our reception staff, who should be able to have any problem fixed. Should the AC not be able to cope with extreme heat (which we experienced this summer), they usually have some tips and trics to get a comfortable temperature in your room. On top of that, I'm happy to inform you we're changing our AC system the coming year, so any possible problems should be solved.

Thank you very much for your feedback, which is most valuable to us. It is my hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,