Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Hotel Rembrandt(Amsterdam)
2,984 results
All reviewscentral stationminute walkdam squarecanal viewmain roadcity breakstayed here for nightsshower roommain attractionsbreakfast was includedby footquiet areaclean hotelshort breakwalked everywherered light districtreception desk
FilterAll languages
An Accor traveller
Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 July 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Good
Service was excellent.
Breakfast choice very good and plenty of it.
Room was clean, modern, comfortable and the bathroom sported a large shower cubicle. Room for two!
Location - right on the edge of central Amsterdam

Average
Food in the restaurant was nothing special. I would advise eating out as there are lots of great places to eat within a 15 minute stroll
Common areas such as corridors look "tired". Could do with an update.
The power of the shower was disappointing in such a well appointed bathroom

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We spent four days at Ibis Stopera in mid July. Chose the hotel based on its reviews at TripAdvisor, me having Accor card (some discount) and its price level - and were pretty pleased.

It is not any luxury hotel, but you should not expect any luxury with their prices. It is a nice hotel, with reatively small rooms and kind of cubicle bathroom (the room and bathroom reminded me of the ships travelling between Finland and Sweden their bigger cabins are very much like Ibis Stopera hotel rooms). The rooms were very clean and they had everything you needed - and nothing extra. The mattress of the bed was at least for me far too hard and I woke up all days with pain in my back.

The staff was very friendly and they did all they could to get us the rooms on the canal side of the hotel (lovely quiet rooms, thank you so much for them) and to give one room to us already at noon, so we were able to go to change warmer clothes on, as unfortunately the weather in Amsterdam was rather cool and rainy during our stay.

We had no breakfast at the hotel, so I can't comment on that. For breakfast there are lots of places in the neighborhood. We loved bagels for breakfast! For dinner around Rembrandt Place there are lots of options.

There are tram and underground stops relatively closese to the hotel, but it is also so close that you can walk almost everywhere. We bought 96 hours public transport tickets at very reasonable price and used them in trams every day.

If I had been alone I think I would have been scared to walk the last 100 metres from the tram stop to the hotel in the evening. However, as long as you are not on your own, walking is just fine.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights.
Ibis hotels basically look similar regardless where you go in Europe.
What I can say about this one: it was clean, big bathroom, good breakfast. I was surprised about the variety of choices in the breakfast. Also the restaurant looked really nice.
I also liked the position of the hotel. We had a canal view on our room and the hotel was 10 minuted walkind distance from the center of entertainment in Amsterdam. Very convenient.

I think you won't be dissapointed if you choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Very nice hotel as all Ibises. No surprise and no disappointment! Everything as per standard!
Special thank to Maya at reception, she is very helpful, friendly and professional! And all others were perfect at reception, hostess, housekeeper!
Thank you to everyone!
Location is also nice, 10-15 min away from the city centre, bug not so crowdy and noisy as there.
Breakfast is fir 15euro, but it is fine.
Taxi service was also perfect and in time.

• Stayed: July 2011