Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera
Rho Hotel(Amsterdam)
US$321
US$303
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$252
ibis
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$209
US$362
US$343
US$651
US$384
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$352
  • Pool
US$648
US$540
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$199
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$353
Travelocity
2,981 results
All reviewscentral stationminute walkdam squarecanal viewmain roadcity breakstayed here for nightsshower roommain attractionsbreakfast was includedby footquiet areaclean hotelshort breakwalked everywherered light districtreception desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here in August 2012 for 3 nights. The hotel is like any other Ibis budget hotel. Our room was basic and functional yet quite spacious.

There was a lack of hanging space for our clothes which wasn't too much of an issue for us as we were only there for a few days. Our bathroom was very small but the shower was huge which was a plus. I found it a bit tight for space when drying my hair etc.

The room was very clean and it was exactly what we wanted. We didn't need luxury, we only wanted somewhere we could sleep and this place was perfect. I'm not sure what floor we were on but we had a lovely view out the back of the hotel over the canal which was really peaceful.

The breakfast was quite expensive (16e pp) so unfortunately we did not avail of this service but we found plenty of cafes nearby.

We planned to eat at the restaurant one night but it was closing by the time we got there. Luckily there was a vending machine so at least we had something. The city centre was just a bit too far to go back and get some food.

Although this hotel is a good distance from the city centre (10 - 15 mins or so) it is a scenic and enjoyable walk. I have great memories of this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emmabob7
Reviewed 26 January 2014

so close to all the things you want to see in AMsterdam and close to museums and cafes and next to a canal from the back side of the hotel...you can choose front rooms and rooms that facing the canal..its your choice...

Room Tip: the irst day we had the room 509 which had a small problem with the window and we juat changed the room..the stuff is helpful and all were good in this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael A
IbisStopera, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel is clean and tidy and very similar to most ibis hotels worldwide. However, we found it difficult to find, and once we knew our bearings, we realised it wasn't completely central. We didn't mind the 15 minute walk but in the evening we didn't feel particularly safe walking about as it's in a quiet area away from most attractions so we ended up some nights in a taxi.
Anyway the room was clean and spacious and had a nice view. I would look at other hotels more central if I was to return.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Sir/Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
I'm sorry to hear that you had a unsafe feeling. At this moment they are very busy to renovate the street. We hope therefore that our guest get a more secure feeling.

I still hope to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

What else?! We have passed three wondurfull days at Ibis Hotel Stopera. The staff was very kind and our room, at level 0 was new, clean and confortable. Maybe not big, but great satisfaction with a "normal" budget!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

myself and husband arrived here on the 6th of January this year which happened to be his fortieth birthday. the staff were great especially the girl welcoming us x we were given a free drink as we were on honeymoon and celebrating his birthday xx we are planning to go back next year for my birthday and would always recommend this hotel .it is walking distance of everything ..very central.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annie19012014
IbisStopera, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014