Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera
Rho Hotel(Amsterdam)
US$321
US$303
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$252
ibis
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$651
US$384
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$209
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$352
  • Pool
US$648
US$540
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$199
2,981 results
All reviewscentral stationminute walkdam squarecanal viewmain roadcity breakstayed here for nightsshower roommain attractionsbreakfast was includedby footquiet areaclean hotelshort breakwalked everywherered light districtreception desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked here for 2 nights and were happy to be allocated a room that overlooked the canal, very quiet (no noise of other guests doors banging late at night). Hotel was quite easy to find after getting the metro from Central Station, and then a short walk.

Unfortunately on checking in we were informed that there would be no water next day from 11.00 until 20.00. As we'd arrived quite late in the evening we didn't really have any other option other than to accept this.This was pretty annoying as we like to return to our room to recover and refresh before heading out for dinner. Toilets were apparently available at the hotel next door.

Apart from that glitch we were happy with the hotel, the staff were nice and helpful and all spoke excellent English. Room was compact (shower room used on an individual basis, no room for 2). Great shower though and everything was spotless.

Bed was very comfortable and we slept well.

Good choice for breakfast, the coffee machine produced great espressos and there were nice fruit juices too. Usual hot & cold selection but good for filling up until the evening. Staff were really efficient at keeping the tables cleared as it got quite busy.

For a short break in this vibrant city I would recommend it, near enough the centre but far enough away from the busy/sleazy bits. Good CH supermarket down the road for stocking up on snacks/water etc..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in a triple room for 3 nights and were impressed at the quality of the hotel for the price we paid. The beds were very comfortable and although the room and bathroom was compact there was enough storage space. We had no hotel noise keeping us awake and enjoyed the walk into the city centre once we got out bearings. Breakfast was included and was decent quality which kept us going until tea time. Overall we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel is well located, in a fairly quiet location close to the bustle of the city, and within walking distance of the central station. One side overlooks a canal. Clean, quiet rooms, with comfortable beds. Stayed four nights, didn't try the breakfast so can't comment in its quality, but it seemed expensive when booking. It is though in reach of plenty of shops and cafés so it wasn't an issue. The main problem encountered was that, on checking in, I was handed a letter in Dutch and English, advising me that there would be no water, and therefore no bathroom or washing facilities, between 11am and 6pm on two consecutive days of my stay. The letter contained a written apology but no verbal apology was offered. Later on in my stay, I noticed one of the letters posted around the hotel, and found that the information had been revised, so that there would be no water between 11am and 8pm. This was highly inconvenient, and when I spoke to the receptionist, and asked about any form of discount (bearing in mind I had paid for an en suite room), I was offered a drink at the bar, or the opportunity to move to another Ibis hotel elsewhere in the city, next to the busy and noisy central railway station. This was not a suitable option for me, and I was not offered any further recompense. I have provided feedback direct to Ibis in response to an email survey sent immediately after my stay, but have yet to receive any reply. Overall a good hotel, severely let down by the lack of customer service. Whilst I understand that there is often the need for maintenance, the issue was not flagged when I booked the hotel about a week before, and no email was sent in advance of my stay; and a discount was refused, despite the fact that they were unable to provide the services I had paid for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AHardToPleaseGuest
IbisStopera, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for sharing your experiences during your visit to IBIS Amsterdam Centre Stopera. It is pleasant to read that you have loved your stay in Amsterdam. The remarks that you have made makes it possible to improve our services provided in the hotel. We are sorry to hear that a certain time no water was available during your stay. Our lines were jumped and had to be repaired urgently. Despite the fact I understand that it was very annoying, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Hope to may welcome you another time in our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Hotel Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera
Valkenburgerstraat 68
1011 LZ Amsterdam
T: 0031 20 531 91 66
F: 0031 20 531 91 45
E: h3044-du@accor.com

Reviewed 6 April 2014

a nice clean modern hotel within easy walking distance of the delights that Amsterdam has to offer.....friendly helpful staff that had a positive attitude and provided plenty of local information. Very clean and functional. Situated on a main road so taxi /bus access not a problem(this can be an issue in Amsterdam with the myriad of canals) Noise was not an issue for us as we were at the back of the hotel......only negative points (and they are minor) the hotel wanted 30 euro for us to book in 20 minutes early(never payed put luggage in secure room provided by the hotel and went sightseeing) and the cooked breakfast was quite poor(but this is not unusual for mainland europe who prefer coffee and cakes,,,,,would very likely use this hotel again...

Room Tip: the back of the hotel was very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends