We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to friends home. We happened to be In Amsterdam for the first Kings Day ( national celebration of the monarchs birthday held annually) when, it seemed to us the city turned into one enormous outdoor rummage sale and party. Apollolaan, the street running in front off the hotel, is one of the major streets where people set up tables to peddle their wares and the place where many people partied the night before Kings Day. I mention this because our first room overlooked the street and we could see it would mean little sleep. It was a lovely room with 2 comfortable chairs and plenty of space. The staff were gracious in understanding our need for a quieter room on the back of the hotel which was quiet and adequate ... Just smaller. Great bathroom and comfortable beds. Because it was warm we had the windows wide open and it was troublesome to have someone on a balcony below smoking a lot and we were forced to close the windows of our non smoking room. Delicious buffet breakfast with wide choices available was 16Euros per person. The staff were friendly and helpful. One negative was the TV/internet "thing" in the room. Even the staff admitted, to a person, to being confused and frustrated by the system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This classic four-star boutique hotel is housed at one of the most beautiful avenues of Southern Amsterdam and has a distinct personal service and impeccably designed interior. The houses at this avenue were constructed around 1920 in the Amsterdam School of Architecture style. The hotel consists of 40 smoke-free rooms, a breakfast room, romantic interior garden with Orangery, a pleasant Library Bar & Lounge, Boardroom and a small Theater. All rooms are equipped with a private bath/shower, toilet, TV- film channel, mini bar, coffee and tea facilities, safe and free internet access. The Apollofirst is near Museum Square, with the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum and Stedelijk Museum, the Vondelpark and the Leidseplein square with many theaters, bars and restaurants. The tram stop is a 3-minute walk away and offers a direct connection to the city center, the Central Train Station and the World Trade Center. Around the corner of the hotel, you will find the Beethoven Street, to shop, wine and dine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apollofirst boutique hotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollofirst - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
- Apollofirst Hotel Amsterdam