Avenue Hotel
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$176
  • Pool
Room Mate Aitana(Amsterdam)
US$266
US$199
Room Mate Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$378
US$239
Orbitz.com
US$262
US$247
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$157
  • Bar/Lounge
1,637 results
All reviewsdam squarecentral stationgreat locationwet roomquad roomsingle roomthree starbreakfast was includedred light districtluggage roomfive minute walkshort staytram stopmain attractionsclean hotelsmall roomtea and coffee
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Avenue hotel is centrally located near Centraal Station, free WiFi, better than average breakfast,eggs and potatoes,with cheeses,meats,breads, cereals, yogurt and fruit.Bathroom large for this price hotel, can regulate heat. Small writing table with an actual pen provided. Staff very friendly and warn you of train/tram issues.Coat hangars actually come off pole! Hotel is brave and ask you to rate them on Trip Advisor

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BBQPhil
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Well the standard room was really small, and so was the bathroom. The fornitures were also not really beautiful and modern but altogether I cannot complain about the hotel.
Breakfast was more than abundant and of good quality, and the people in the reception were friendly and helpful.
The location is very good, not noisy but still very close to the city centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carlo C
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just got back from a 3 day break and stayed at the Avenue Hotel which was in a very good location for everything. The food was basic but ample, we were B&B and it was a good selection to get us full up for the day a head.
The rooms were fine to use as a base and the beds were very comfy. Would defiantly stay here again

Room Tip: If you want less noise you need to be in the back rooms so 403 or 502 then you haven't got the noise from the main road
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snaggletags
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Me and my wife stayed here late last year and I must say the hotel is very nice and clean and am glad that I booked it. Breakfast was good and the hotel is in a good location tucked away from all the madness. Would stay here again in the future...........

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blueberry187
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The cheek of this hotel, they offer 'FULL REFUND WHEN YOU LEAVE A GOOD REVIEW ON TRIPADVISOR'... I'm sure there's fine print somewhere, but obviously you don't get your money back. (see the picture I added)
I just got back today from Amsterdam and I genuinely feel cheated by the reviews left on here.
The hotel was rubbish all in all, the location was the best bit. The staff were useless and ignored me, I came back late one night and there was no-one on reception for 25 minutes, I, in the mean time had to stand outside freezing, then when a bloke did show up there was no apology, just a blank stare.
The room we were in had underfloor heating, which sounds great however it means you cannot turn it off and without the noisy air conditioning blasting it was way to hot. All the sounds made in the hotel travel very well, you can hear the lift throughout and people walking around and banging doors.

On my last night one of the staff was telling people enquiring it was 50euro a night at the door, I had paid close to double this.

Also as other people have mentioned, the shower makes the entire bathroom unusable until it's dry due to a pooling effect, the breakfast was a joke.. chicken nuggets and literally a block of bacon swimming in grease. Oh and not enough toast for everyone.

Don't get me wrong I am not a bitter person, I have been to Amsterdam on several occasions and firmly recommend the Innerhotel and Ramada (bit of a trek but worth it).

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple