Avenue Hotel
US$317
US$227
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$311
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$378
US$239
US$262
US$247
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$157
  • Bar/Lounge
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
1,637 results
All reviewsdam squarecentral stationgreat locationwet roomquad roomsingle roomthree starbreakfast was includedred light districtluggage roomfive minute walkshort staytram stopmain attractionsclean hotelsmall roomtea and coffee
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

As my boyfriend is a previous guest at this hotel and had a pleasant stay in 2011 I was expecting at least some expectations, but I think a hostel would of been cleaner!
The staff are ok, seemed quite offish when asked to change room but we had no other option to complain after the state of our beds. The 'pillow' was like a ball of fluff that made no use what so ever, we are not one to complain but a decent pillow should be standard in every 3 star!! The floors are mouldy and was never cleaned. All marks over walls that were brown, dirty and needed updating. The shower would just flood the bathroom as there is no drain for the water to go anywhere!
We also got up late one day and left the sign on the door for our room to be cleaned then came back to a very unpleasant sight in the toilet!! We were in shock that staff would behave this way. In my eyes this is not acceptable for the price we payed.

Overall I payed around £80 a night, I felt £30 would of been generous. Seriously if you are thinking of booking, do look at The Convent! A little extra money but you get what you pay for!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurenwin11
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here last weekend (Mar 7th) for the weekend. Location is very central and is walking distance from Centraal Station.
Decor is dated and very economy motel style. The bathroom was very small and badly in need of a refurb. I have stayed in plenty of city center hotels with bigger bathrooms, even slightly bigger.
Our room overlooked an inner enclosed courtyard (or more realistically the air con. vents)
It was at the end of a hall so not much traffic past the door but we were woken each morning with house keeping knocking on our neighbours doors.

A review here said that the hotel had a notice up offering a full refund for favourable Tripadvisor review but we did not see such a notice nor were we approached by the staff.

Breakfast was included but while an All-You-Can-Eat buffet it was limited in choice (&quality). The poorest aspect was the fresh fruit, just two types of melon chunks with a very bitter yogurt.
An automated coffee machine was not the highest quality either.
On the plus side the scrambled egg was pretty good for a hotel buffet, tasted fresh and not the usual rubbery consistency.

Not sure on the value as the weekend away was a gift from my partner. He booked it blind on the recommendation of a local travel agent with no reviews.

Overall the location is the biggest selling point.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TWPF100
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed at the Avenue with a friend who had not visited the city before. The location cannot be faulted and the full and varied breakfast set you up for the day. The staff Arthur, Marina and Sebastian were great and nothing was too much trouble, they were a great advert for the hotel group. Some of the rooms were very small but ours was changed without too much bother so ask for a room like 214 or similar standard and you will be Ok. The ice machine downsatirs was also a bonus. All in all a very pleasant stay. There was a little noise from the alley at the side but this is a city centre hotel so what do you expect. A pair of ear plugs will always solve the problem. I usually stay a nothing less than 4 star but I will stay at the Avenue again, it was perfect for my needs and priced in the right range. I enjoyed myself as did my friend on his first trip to the Dam.

Room Tip: ask for a room of the standard of 214
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a typical short stay tourist hotel looking just a little shabby at the edges. BUT you cant beat the location and the beds were very comfortable. It was a short stroll directly opposite Central Station.
If you are a big eater at breakfast then there is by far enough of a good selection to set you up for the day. With decent orange juice and good coffee.
We stayed in a room for 3 just off the reception - room 098. Decent space but was a bit of a smell coming from flood drain in show. We just kept the door closed and it took care of the problem.
Would stay here again

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We have just returned home from another trip to Amsterdam........having stayed in the Avenue many times in the past this was our first visit back to the hotel in 5 years. This weekend was a special trip for a friend so we picked the Avenue based purely on excellent past experiences.

The hotel is clean, the staff are welcoming and the central location makes it an excellent place to base your trip around. Another reason why we choose the Avenue was because of the breakfast.....in my travels around this region I have found many hotels offer a basic breakfast meaning an extra expense every morning in eating outside of the hotel. However the Avenue offers a wide range of hot and cold options from bacon and eggs, through to cereals, fruit, pastries and a more contential style breakfast as well as a wide selection of drinks.

I fully recommend and will no doubt be booking my trip back soon.

1  Thank Jason O