“Short Amsterdam stay”
Review of Hotel Casa

Hotel Casa
Ranked #69 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The staff at registration were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable - a very nice modern layout. The Internet was easy to connect to and fast when I tried it, although I heard a couple of colleagues had problems, possibly because others were also trying to use the Internet simultaneously. Lots of plugs, which was a treat. The shower was great, but the lack of tissues was disappointing. The breakfast was comprehensive and generally very good. On one morning, the hot food wasn't and the scrambled eggs had run out (temporarily). Although not in the centre, it is close to an underground / train station so the centre can be reached quickly and easily.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Clifford A

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend and had an ok experience. Got to the hotel early, too early to check in but we knew this anyway, we were met by a really friendly lady on reception who offered to store our bags and advised us when to come back. On our return we were promptly checked in however the room given to us was a double and not the twin that we had booked. One call to reception sorted this and as soon as we had got back to reception we were given the keys to a triple at no extra charge. The beds had been pushed together and on separating them we found rubbish underneath which showed that they had not been cleaned properly. Other than that we had no issues until we returned to our room at the end of our 2nd night where we found a letter that had been pushed under the door informing us that we had smoked in the room and had been charged 100 euros. We went straight to reception and to be fair the really helpful young lady managed to speak to the manager and remove the charge from my credit card however I was annoyed especially when we had actually gone out of out way to request that the room be cleaned that morning. Issues aside I would say that this is a decent hotel and I would possibly give them another chance. The location is good, 5 mins walk to Amstel station and 7 mins approx into the centre of Amsterdam.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SammyJ1982
hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Casa 400 and thank your for bringing your feedback to our attention, we highly appreciate this.

In your feedback you pointed out that a miscommunication occurred during your stay. We highly regret this. I shared your feedback internally to prevent this issue from happening again.
Hotel Casa 400 is striving to keep the standards as high as possible, especially in the cleanliness of the rooms. As I understood from your feedback we did not meet this standard in the situation you described. I apologize for this.

At last, in your feedback you stated that you experienced the service during check-in and our luggage service as good. I am delighted to hear this!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience during your last stay. I am happy to hear that you experienced the hotel as decent and that you give us a second chance.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again in Hotel Casa 400!

Kind regards,

Luuk Verzijl
Manager on Duty

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Good and Pleasant Stay! Free internet and friendly staff makes for a great experience. The location is not convenient for those looking to spent most of their time in the city center where the real buzz is.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

very good location, stylish room. breakfast a bit pricey but good selection. only i was a bit dissapointed no tissues in the room. we had our room with rose petals and balloons, really nice touch. no milk for coffee made in room, most hotels provide that. otherwise all good, we had nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel was a wonderful luxury hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful, they also spoke English. I arrived early before my room was available and they held my luggage while I wandered the city. The hotel restaurant was very good and their staff was also very friendly. The hotel is some distance from the center but a five minute walk got me to a tram that took me to the museums and to the center. All in all I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mickey M
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very comfortable hotel, excellent services, clean, very good breakfast.

Location is convenient for business, but not very near to downtown, unless you like to walk (about 3.5 km).

Amstel Station is very short walk away, public transport available there.

Surroundings are average.

Bikes are available for a fee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is the fourth time we have stayed; the conference was at the hotel so it was convenient. All the small shops you need in the station; interesting and very busy restaurant on the walk to the hotel as well as a reasonable restaurant in the hotel. The bar does not open on Sunday evening. Transport into Amsterdam is excellent on Metro and mainline trains, and only one change when coming from / going to Schiphol. Beds are comfortable, and even the shower rooms are a lovely experience. There is a kebab shop opened up recently, and we even found a Lidl within about 10 minutes walk

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends