“Nice hotel close to Metro station”
Review of Hotel Casa

Hotel Casa
Ranked #69 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights and had a good experience. Although it is a bit outside of the main attractions in Amsterdam, you can walk into town in about 30 minutes or walk across the street to the metro. The station is easy to use and its a very quick ride to central station. The hotel was clean-the room was a bit spartan but we werent there to stay in the room so it was adequate. Beds were a bit hard. The only window that opened was very narrow so not much air came through. Friends we were traveling with said the a/c wasnt working. We didnt try to use it since it was cool outside. The breakfast buffet was ok-not the best we had on our trip but certainly good. The hotel is currently renovating their dining and lounge areas so the lounge is in a basement and is not fabulous. It was fine for relaxing after a long day of sight seeing. It was nice to be away from the craziness of the bikes, trains, and street cars so we didnt mind being out of the middle of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Carla K

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I only stayed at the Hotel Casa 400 for one night which was a shame because it is a great place to stay in Amsterdam. It is not in the centre of the city but public transport links are excellent and I love walking around in Amsterdam so I was not concerned. The front desk staff were polite and helpful, the room was very comfortable and spacious and the staff in the bar were always smiling. I would stay at Casa 400 again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here with a couple of friends last weekend 21-24 of June 2014 and i had a good stay. We did not have the breakfast included, only the accommodation.
The rooms were nice, clean and spacious enough. The room service was ok too.
Keep in mind if you stay at this hotel, that you will need a conveyance to get downtown. There is Amstel railway station at about 3 minutes walking from hotel and the price for one day (metro, bus and tram) is 7.5E/person, or you can rent a bike for 13E from the hotel's reception. The taxi is about 15E to get downtown.
If you want to visit the city in a city break i would recommend you a hotel closer to the heart of the city, but if you book only a few days before, this hotel is a good solution.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oana12
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My stay at casa 400 was for business. I had to be there for a whole week. First impressions were very good as the room and hotel have been decorated and kept to a high quality. However we tried the breakfast and found it not only very expensive but also poor in quality.

We were very disappointed and decided to forgo the hotel breakfast for the rest of the week and go to the nearest supermarket instead.

I would also like to mention that the location although not very central, was close enough to the centre for you to be able to walk to most places.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Edmund C
hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay at Hotel Casa 400 and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you liked the room and that it is well decorated. We are very happy to hear this!

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced the breakfast as below the standards. We highly regret this. The F&B department is always looking for improvements and the choice in products. In case you have any idea for missing itmes, please share. Next to that, our new F&B concept will be launched in September this year, with a new breakfast and restaurant!

Hopefully we can show our new concept and our improvements during a next visit!

Once again thank your for your provided feedback!

Kind regards,

Luuk Verzijl
Manager on Duty

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Pleasant stay at this hotel. Staff friendly and rooms good value for money.

My only issue being the lack of amenities in the local area. Not the hotels fault obviously, and it's around a 5 minute walk from Amstel Station to head in to the City Centre, however we couldn't find any local supermarkets or convenience stores asides the ones in the station which would close later on in the evening. Would recommend for value and if you are looking for a quieter area of this bustling city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charvey17
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My whole review was almost going to be tainted, due to a problem I had with the phone when arriving at the hotel. I was out of phone (no external line) for that first day, and I really had to make calls. But the worst of all was that I had to wait for almost an hour for a technician to stop by my room, when I was told 5 minutes. This person almost seemed to know less than me about phones, and he gave the impression the problem was not going to be fixed, ever. The girls at reception let me call downstairs, and you could tell they tried very hard to please; I appreciated that a lot; and finally phone service was fixed the following day. But it was going to change my opinion on other hotel features; that is why it is so important to comply with the basic service before anything else is considered. Phone service is basic service.
Having said that, I overall liked the hotel. Room was quite ample; good external lighting, bad internal lights (bathroom needs urgently addition of lights); safe, mini bar; watch out for a step to get into the bathroom. There are no tissues (strange); blinds are not blind and I woke up very early (awful); a lot of closet space.
There was a construction right outside my window Mon-Fri, which could get noisy (ear plugs provided). There is a nice canal around, but this is located in the suburbs; it will not work for the people who want to stay in a central location. Trains and trams are very near in Amstel. From my point of view the hotel wants to look like a trendy one with more stars, but is still not quite there.
Don´t buy sodas in their vending machines. You can get same ones by half the price a block away from the hotel, same street. Also, take into account the elevators are horrible (if you are in a hurry, you are not in the right place)
Sleep quality was not the best from my stay in Europe, would recommend using the ear plugs. Also, if you are comming from Amstel train station, watch the video in the hotel page, which is excellent to understand your way, as there is a roundabout and it could be a problem with luggage.
I mainly highlight the attention, which is great. Would recommend if you are not worried about central location. Not sure why there are so many groups checking in and out, but it could be a problem if in a hurry (again).
Have fun in Ámsterdam! (and watch out of the bicycles)..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Katris
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pleasant staff and very modern, clean rooms. Large windows meant extra light through the room which was always nice compared to the first hotel I stayed in which had no windows at all. 4-star hotel in my book. Bicycle rentals are available and it's about 25 minutes to Central. Alternatively, the train station is a 7 minute walk from the hotel and takes about 5-10 minutes to reach the central station. Will definitely stay here when I visit the city again.

• Stayed: June 2014