“no complaints”
Review of Hotel Vondel

Hotel Vondel
Ranked #136 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We spent four nights at this lovely hotel in may
The hotel is well situated close to Leidseplein and Museumplein
the staff started things off right with a pleasant and helpful attitude
did not have breakfast in hotel there is a kettle in your room and a
very good supermarket on the next street will definitely return

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John C
Management_VH, Manager at Hotel Vondel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Artmanireland

Thank you for taking some time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our service and our location. We look forward to welcome you back in the hotel on your next trip to Amsterdam.

Team Hotel Vondel

There are newer reviews for Hotel Vondel

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Loved, loved, loved this hotel! I stayed here for a long weekend with a friend. Vondel is conveniently located just 5 minutes walk from a main tram line, but for those who love walking like me, it's also easy to walk to main shopping and tourist areas. Even though the location is central, Hotel Vondel is on a quiet side street, away from Amterdam's hustle and bustle. The decor is modern and stylish, but the hotel also feels old and historic. Breakfast is fantastic, and you can order an omelet or french toast in addition to the per-prepared buffet. There is also a hotel bar where you get get a cocktail or glass of wine in the evening before retiring to your room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sfran_adventurer
Management_VH, Manager at Hotel Vondel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear sfran_adventurer,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and the time you took to share your feedback. I’m proud to learn that you really enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and with us.
Especially good to hear that you appreciated the a la carte items from our breakfast! Freshly prepared by our chef!
Thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you again soon in Hotel Vondel

Warm regards,

Suzanne Bubenik – Hotel manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed with my 10 year old daughter. Staff were lovely and the hotel is really easy to get to on the Tram from the Central Station.

Rooms weren't as nice as they looked on line - but bathrooms, restaurant, and service all great.

Only downer was really strong smell of cleaning products in the bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BaronvonGreenberg

Dear BaronvonGreenberg,

It is a pleasure to learn that we were able to be a part of your comfortable Amsterdam-trip last month; thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to learn that you highly value our staff’s attention throughout your stay.

Thank you also for letting us know about the strong smell of cleaning products, the room should not smell like this when you arrive in the room, I will personally take this up with our room attendants.

I hope to be able to welcome you again on your next trip.

Suzanne Bubenik – Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We loved this hotel. Our room was large and spacious and very modern. The bathroom was also large with a wonderful shower head. Best of all, the location cannot be beat. It is right near everything you will want in the center of town. Very nice and helpful staff at the reception desk as well. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

When we arrived to the hotel we were pleased with the location. However when we realized our room was in the basement we were extremely disappointed. It is literally below the street level and only has a few windows that are at the top of the wall closest to the ceiling. When looking out you can see peoples shoes. I can't imagine if there were a fire how one would escape. Our second day at this hotel we left early to sightsee returning at 4pm. The room still had not been cleaned, we were told they had until 5pm to do this. We originally booked the hotel for 3 nights. When our plans changed we called and asked if we could cancel even though it was a non-refundable room. We were told it would be no problem since we were calling two weeks in advance. When we returned home, we called and sent several emails about our refund. We were told they would not refund us because the hotel was not full while we were there. I don't know what I'm more angry about. That they would not honor what they had originally told us, that they didn't bother to clean our room at an appropriate time or that even though the hotel was not fully booked they clearly gave us one of the worst rooms in the hotel. Either way I am disgusted with the way we were treated. Do not stay here!

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here don't let them put you in the basement!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank looloo1972

Dear Looloo1972,

Thank you for sharing your experiences, your feedback is most important for me.
I have looked into this matter and will make sure the appropriate actions will be taken in order to prevent this from happening again in the future
Please let me know when you are travelling to Amsterdam again, I would be pleased to have you as our guest again and provide you with the personal service you may expect from us.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any service.

Best regards,

Suzanne Bubenik – Hotel Manager (suzanne@hotelvondel.com)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

If you are on business, please avoid this hotel.

I was put in the dungeon (as Lori L described it). I believe i was next to the service room.
The staff was unbelievably inconsiderate - opening and slamming the service door and literally screaming to each other down the hallway for nearly 2 hours this morning.

I asked them to stop, but they didn't.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night, and it was a poor experience. They put me in a room on the 1st floor, which turned out to be a dungeon with a staircase leading down. The room was facing the street, and I could hear everyone walking by. Wi Fi signal in the room was terrible so I could not do any work and had to go to the lobby. The floors in the entire building were squeaky, as a result I got woken up by the first early bird risers. Overall, it is not a 4-star hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business