De L'Europe Amsterdam
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$175
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$261
US$238
Hotels.com
US$365
US$238
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$156
  • Bar/Lounge
1,633 results
All reviewsfreddy's bardutch mastersamstel riverone bedroom suitemarble bathroomleading hotels of the worldbeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suiteheated floorsconcierge staffluxury hoteloverlooking the canalturn down serviceflower marketcanal tourbreakfast buffetan upgrade
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I arrived early after an exhausting flight from NY knowing the room may not be ready. My luggage was stored for me while i went to walk around. I returned around 2pm, and the room still was not ready which was disappointing. Finally, i was shown my room after a brief tour only to find it very small. It has a nice view of the canals from one small window. The staff did follow my request for a quiet room, away from elevators. This is probably the smallest room i have ever slept in and i find it hard to accept in such a high level hotel. The bathroom is very luxurius and large with heated floor but no double sinks. There is a Nespresso coffee machine which is great and the iPad is great too. The Concierge by the name of Eel, correct my spelling, is superb, warm, helpful and wonderful. He guided me on some wonderful walks, recommended places to eat, lent me books of Amsterdam etc. Other staff is great but not as helpful as that man. Now, problems..... On my first day in the hotel, i found 4 flies in my room. They were going crazy above my head. How could housekeeping allow this to happen? Called front desk and was told to wait or someone. After several min, i called back bc noone showed up. This is when the wondeful Concierge showed up and managed to get rid of 2 flies. He arranged for an insect zapper or me so i could kill the remainng flies. The room is clean but not as it should be. Wood floor areas are dusty and dust balls stuck to my suitcase. Tables are dusty also. Housekeeping is inconsistent. On my first day, i had no bath mat, dont dusturb sign, hand cream and body scrub. On second day, i got some of the bath amenities but not all and the room was cleaned very late at 2pm. On the 3rd day, i got all the amenities and finally the dont disturb sign. In this level hotel, housekeeping should be superb. In all, i think this hotel is overpiced so beware of the high prices especially for the tiny rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank agnes9971
DeLeurope, Front Office Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear Agnes,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give us detailed feedback on your recent visit to De L'Europe. Your compliments on the design of the hotel are also much appreciated!
I am very sorry to read that you found your room to be on the small side. All are rooms are unique in size and design and we will always do our utmost best to address an area of discontent when being made aware.
I am pleased to read that our Head Concierge, Eef has made such a positive contribution to your stay. Your comments about the room cleanliness have been passed on to our Executive Housekeeper who will investigate and address the matter. It is our policy to have all rooms double checked by Supervisors on a daily basis. Please accept our apologies for the inconsistancy experienced.
Agnes, I hope we will get the pleasure to welcome you back at some point in the future. Please contact me directly when this time comes in order for me to personally ensure that you will be well looked after.

Warm regards,

Jeroen

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Great friendly staff, yummy food, centrally located and walking distance from just about everything! We were upgraded to a deluxe suite and it had heated marble floors!!! Wow! Staff was very accommodating, and helpful. We would stay here again!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Very nice hotel location in the middle of the city .. very friendly staff fast check in .. I booked through booking.com and front desk upgrade my rooms to suits .. very nice suits and very comfortable large enough .. coffee machine in the room and nice TV with IPad connected to the internet free of charge ..every room with different decoration and very nice decorated ... this hotel recommended by my wife ... very easy to reach the shops and restaurants .. nice Islamic restaurants around the hotel.. parking cost 57 euro

Room Tip: some rooms and suits with poor view .. then I you want a view you should ask the hotel before .. keep in mind that through the booking.com no nice view if not mentioned..
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Beautiful hotel, quirky as probably any large site in Amsterdam would have to be. Our rooms were large and beautiful, with gorgeous views over the Amstel River. Weather permitting, eating outside provides a nice canal-side experience. A few small flaws (some confusion at check-in, occasionally inattentive service in the restaurant, hot water issues in one of our rooms, hard-to-figure-out video system) did not meaningfully detract from otherwise responsive and polite service. Very good concierge. Easy walk to major sites.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BGosivetti
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Staying in the Hotel de L'Europe was a highlight of my trip to Amsterdam. The hotel is in an excellent location, my room was beautiful, overlooked the Amstel River, had a large bathroom, included the use of a iPad and a I had lovely chocolates upon my arrival. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, breakfast in the restaurant was a great way to start the day and having a cocktail in the lobby was a great way to end the evening.

I was very sorry to have to leave and I hope to return again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo