De L'Europe Amsterdam
The Albus(Amsterdam)
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
1,620 results
All reviewsfreddy's bardutch mastersamstel riverone bedroom suitemarble bathroomleading hotels of the worldbeautiful hotelupgraded to a junior suiteheated floorsconcierge staffluxury hoteloverlooking the canalturn down serviceflower marketcanal tourbreakfast buffetan upgrade
FilterAll languages
997 - 1,002 of 1,620 reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked this even though it wasn't highly rated with Trip Advisor. (The Holiday Inn had a higher rating, seriously?). The property is Leading Hotels, which in our travels, rates highly. I'm glad I was here. Expensive? Yes, about $450 a night, but for this I was upgraded to a Junior Suite on the canal. It was beautiful. Had cocktails at the Terrace, which was wonderful, outside, looking at all the boats going past, and had dinner in the Brasserie, very simple soup and salad, which for us in the evenings is a lot of food. The other meals we saw looked very good. All-in-all, L'Europe impressed me, and I would come back.

Room Tip: If you are coming here, don't skimp. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

A fusion of traditional and modern that works quite well, although a little too much red going on for my liking! Booked a standard double which was immaculate but very very compact, beautiful marble bathroom but no bath! Beware they want to charge your card with a €150/day security deposit even when we prepaid the room, we objected and they took €150 cash for the 3 day stay!! Bar prices are high and the service a little slow. Nice terraced area at side of the canal, and lovely smoking lounge area. Great location, but quite alot of gay bars in the immediate vacinity of Rembrant Square. All in all, about as good as it gets in Amsterdam, but it's certainly no George CInq!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank drewLeeds
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to a Jr Suite and it was marvelous having been renovated within the last year or two. Bathroom was huge, even by American standards. Bed comfort was superb. The integrated lighting system, of all things, takes some getting used to and can be frustrating, perhaps the only complaint we had of the room. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The lobby is beautiful and engaging, perfect for afternoon tea or cocktails. Freddy Heineken's bar (attached) is a totally different atmosphere, sort of clubby, and fun as well. Don't miss dining alfresco by the canal. Food is very good and ambiance, on a cool summer night, is truly what vacation brochures try to capture. At this property, it's real. Restaurant service is good for Europe, but not exceptional (and one must remember we travel to Europe because it is different). I was fine with it.

We loved Amsterdam and will book at this fine property again for our next visit.

Room Tip: A view of the canal is certainly preferred
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

One of the leading hotels of Europe keeping up nicely with its tradition.
Located in the glorious center of towns surrounded by the canals was perfect to stay for a couple of days and discover Amsterdam highlights in all its facets as all museums, restaurants all in a walking.
The room was large and luxuriously decorated in good taste. The bed was very comfortable and surrounded with amenities like I pad tablet, i phone console all interconnected with the room music system !
My wife and I were disappointed by the hotel's terrace restaurant which was embarrassingly skimpy on the serving of pedestrian but expensive wines as well as the food was not to be remembered but by its overpricing. Still the location on the canal is fabulous and may be worth not going to the even higher priced restaurant inside on the premises.
Breakfast buffet or a la carte was great and the atmosphere, again overlloking the canals, was very pleasant.
Overall it is great dutch hospitability and friendliness that shall win you back here... possibly asking for a "view" (in the back),and know to leave my car at one of the town outskirts parking lots to avoid the steep about $60 a day at the hotel.

Room Tip: Room in back with a balcony overlooking the canal is the tip !
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Amsterdam was not a place on our itinerary, but we loved it and we loved L'Europe as well. we were upgraded (bonus) to a junior suite that was one floor up on the corner overlooking the canal. We had 2 balconies, a small off the bedroom and a long one that wrapped around the corner of the lounge. We felt totally spoilt and the facilities were incredible. I've never seen so many towels offered in a bathroom - everything, head rest for bath, nespresso coffee in the room and the staff were happy and extremely helpful. We hired bikes and rode around the city and the location is perfect. I would love to stay there again if the budget stretches.

Room Tip: a Room over the canal is really worth it -the canal comes alive at night, especially I guess in summer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple