“Loved it”

De L'Europe Amsterdam
Ranked #16 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Loved it thirty years ago,
Loved it twenty years ago
Just stayed there for Christmas 2012 and still love it

Breakfast room service great

Brassiere food excellent. Could not get into fancier dining spot

Spa under renovation

There are newer reviews for De L'Europe Amsterdam

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just back home after three nights in room 126, with a great view, wonderful bed and a beautiful bathroom. The staff was very proffessional and friendly. This is why I will not complain of minor problems. The breakfast was great, and the lunch at two star Michelin restaurant Bord'eau one of the best ever tasted. Will come back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Room 126 with a balcony and a view to the Amsel, expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Odd Karsten T
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Since dining in the hotel 30 years ago, I have wanted to stay there. It was worth the wait. A massive renovation and expansion has made the L'Europe one on the great hotels of the world. We had a junior suite (#318) in the new Dutch Masters wing. It was spacious and beautiful. The marble bath features two sinks and separate tub and shower. The hotel is state of the art, with the latest technology.

The staff is most eager to help, and quick to learn names. They tend to walk you to whatever point you seek, just to make sure you are comfortable. Freddy's Bar provides a perfect spot for cocktails. There is even an attractive smoking room with a fine selection of cigars. One night Freddy's Bar was crowded, so the barman walked us to the Promenade, where we were served by another bar with comfortable seating and a marvelous view of the Amstel River. A large portion of the hotel is actually on the water. The Brasserie features excellent river views as does the outstanding two Michelin star Bord'Eau fine dining restaurant.

The location of L'Europe is absolutely perfect. It is almost an island sitting on the river, but right in the center of shopping, sightseeing and dining. The perfect place to stay in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: We were in room 318, a delightful junior suite in the Dutch Masters wing. I have the feeling that a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfinestone
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stay a few nights in Amsterdam every 1-2 months for shopping and visiting friends and family as I live on the other side of the country. Previously stayed at The Grand, Pullizer and Hilton (Double Tree)
For some reason the hotels i normally stay in were full or the rooms or suites I prefer were unavailable so I decided to look around a bit. I called L'Europe because I wanted to know of they had opening windows. (I dislike airco-rooms if I cant turn it off and windows don't open)

Mainly due to the very friendly, helpfull and genuine woman I spoke to at reservations (thank you Wing) I decided to book this hotel for a change. Best decision I ever made!!! I loved it!
I think all reviews before me already pointed out all the great things about this Hotel. I really would not know what to add. Great rooms, both in the 'dutch masters' wing as in the Rondeel. I asked to see all categories while there and I loved each and every room they showed me.
Yes they come at a price. But if you can afford it, go for it, its worth it!

I had a lovely room, in blue, with a small balcony overlooking the water. Just what I wished for.
But I am not going to sum up everything all others have already mentioned. Its all true and better even.

My main compliment to this very luxurious Hotel is that every member of the staff I met there was able to adress me exactly the way I like it. And I strongly believe they have that ability with every guest that stays there. I felt comfortable and at home, where as in other hotels I often feel a bit of a misfit. A lot of times expensive luxurious hotels come with a certain 'coldness' and that makes me feel uncomfortable. But not here. This felt exactly right. Basically I think each and every person in that hotel has the capability to make you feel comfortable, no matter what it takes to make you feel like that!

And that, ladies and gentlemen..is priceless.

My compliments. I'll be back....:)

Room Tip: I have seen all categories and loved them all. There is no 'bad' room in that hotel, and for...
2  Thank Sigrid66
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We didn't stay here but we ate in the Brasserie one night and then came back for dinner in the restaurant the following night. Both times the food was excellent. We had wandered the streets looking for a decent place for a meal and after we had tried three other cafes in the vicinity we decided to try 'Freddy's Bar'. As we walked in were warmly greeted by the staff and escorted through the foyer to the Brasserie. The food was excellent and reasonably priced, so we decided to come back the following night to eat in the restaurant. we were not disappointed, and although the bill was a bit more than we had anticipated, it was well worth every cent!. The food and the service were excellent on both nights. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and could speak very good English.

Room Tip: We wished we had stayed here! Next time.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I can only summarize this short but very good stay as excellent. The last trip of the year deserved a good finale. The locatio is perfect, the rooms are very nice and the food is good. But the very personalized service and attention to details is magnificent. Well done to the employees!

• Stayed: December 2013
DeLeurope, Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for these kind words. The team take great pride in delivering the best possible service and it is great to hear this being recognised by our guests.
We look forward to welcome you back in the new year!

Kind regards,

Jeroen Bronsveld

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Beautiful grand hotel in wonderful location. Rooms are unique and decorated with large reproductions of art masterpieces. Gracious bathroom facilities with quality toiletries. Huge pillows on comfortable beds. Helpful staff, gracious gifts for LHW members. I enjoyed my stay.

Dear Guest,

Your kind words are most appreciated and I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our services and facilities as much as you have.
Hopefully we get the chance to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,