I will net this out:
- Requested room to be made up at 10AM, returned to hotel at 11:30 - not made up, made 2nd request to hotel staff "I am so sorry" at 11:30 when leaving for lunch, returned at 12:30 - still not made up, 3rd request to to front desk "I am very sorry, will take of it immediately" at 12:30 - returned to hotel at 2:30PM - still not made up.
- Turn the TV on - 1 to 2 minutes later it would turn off by itself. Contacted front desk, "So sorry, will get it fixed right away". Next day turned TV on - 10 minutes later it turned off. Tried it again that evening, stayed on for 25 minutes, then turned off.
- Bathroom light turned on and off by itself. Contacted front desk, "Very sorry, will send someone fix it right away". About 30 minutes later 2 men came to the room and asked if I was having trouble with the bathroom light. I responded yes. He said he needed to get something and would return - never returned.
- I was told I was upgraded from a Superior to Deluxe room. I would hate to see the size of a Superior room. One window you could not see out of because it was in an alcove above a table. The room's wardrobe closet had 6 hangers with enough room barely for a few shirts, jacket and a pair of pants. Average amount of clothes for 2 people would never come close to fitting in this tiny space.
- Placed "Do Not Disturb" sign on door. Knock, Knock, opened door - hotel staff member wanted to check the minibar. I asked if he could come back later, he insisted "would just take a moment". I again requested he come back later and again he insisted and wouldn't leave. To get rid of him I agreed, he came in, checked the minibar, thanked me, and left. Maybe he couldn't read.
- The elevator world well
- Wonderful check-out process
- Good internet
- Good location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Amsterdam, in walking distance of the plush 19th century Museum Quarter, the pinnacle of sophistication and cultural bohemia with the Rijksmuseum, the Stedelijk Museum and Van Gogh Museum and with its prime location on the banks of the Amstel river, De L'Europe is synonymous with Dutch rich history. Since the first official opening in 1896, De L'Europe has been favored by Amsterdam's elite and the hotel continues to attract the world's most celebrated names. Experience and explore a unique entrée into the Amsterdam of yesterday and today by arriving at De L'Europe. Admire true replicas from the Dutch Masters like Frans Hals and Rembrandt van Rijn in the Promenade whereas replicas of Dutch Masters like Jan Steen, Johannes Vermeer and Floris van Dijck decorate the walls of the rooms and suites in the historical Rondeel building. Adjacent to the hotel, the suites at the contemporary Dutch Masters Wing offer a selection of modern colors that form the basis for replicas of Dutch Masters like Pieter Codde and Pieter Saenredam. Guests may enjoy culinary highlights at the two Michelin-star rated Bord'Eau Restaurant Gastronomique, the casual chic Hoofdstad Brasserie with an international twist and Hèt Terras, the city's most popular Summer hotspot overlooking the buzzling city center of Amsterdam, complemented by exclusive wines from the private wine cellar 'Les Caves De L'Europe'. Kick back and relax at the Amsterdam's inspired gentlemen's pub Freddy's Bar to sample a traditional Heineken beer or sip on one of the signature cocktails. To complete your Amsterdam experience, indulge yourself with one of the bespoke beauty treatments at the Spa & Wellness 'Skins Institute - De L'Europe'. Feel at home in an iconic 19th century treasure and be surrounded by cultural heritages while exploring a modern vibrant city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, Hotelopia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your De L'Europe Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Hotel De l Europe
- De l Europe Hotel