“Near Anne Frank House & Canal Bus stop - great location.”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #101 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Having read several reviews before going, I knew what to expect at Hotel Nadia. The room was a street side room on the first floor, so was a bit noisy, but it didn't bother anyone as I use earplugs and the rest of the family sleep like logs. I was told on booking that it was a street side room so this was no surprise. As it was a family (4) trip, the staff didn't have a lot of choice I guess. The weather was warm, and so was the welcome, as we were offered a cold drink from the fridge in reception (complimentary) on arrival. We arrived around 11.30am, and although check-in isn't officially until 2.00pm (I think), they said we could wait a few minutes in the breakfast room until they had cleaned our room, and we could move in straight away, which was very welcome. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and accommodating, and intent on making our stay as easy and pleasant as possible. Extra pillows were provided promptly on request, and with a smile. We enjoyed our stay at the Nadia, and would recommend it to anyone, for the value, the cleanliness, the location, and the genuinely friendly welcome & service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2012

the hotel room was small as was the bath, this is europe, but the location was unbelievable and the view from the balcony was excellent. We were daunted at the 40 steps to reception but the staff carried our luggage so there were no problems. I have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and never received the service I did here. A charming girl ran the breakfast room with cheese, rolls, toast, yogurt, jams, excellent coffee and tea. I felt like family. The manager was so kind and courteous, and Mo, James, and every staff member was impeccable. They called and set up our shuttle reservations, had fresh flowers in our room and really helped us find our way in a strange city. While you may receive these courtesies at most places, but get the felling you are bothering the staff, this was the 1st time I felt the staff really wanted to help with my many questions. Would not consider staying elsewhere. The staff makes an okay hotel into a charming place to stay.

Room Tip: loved the balcony but the inside room was very quiet also
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

very nice to stay, near the center, nice people and very good prices. It's the third time that I'm stayed at nadia hotel and the next time that I will be in Amsterdam, I'll come back at Nadia Hotel for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Had the chance to stay at the very popular Hotel Nadia this past July 2012 in a (excruciatingly small) single room. Overall had a decent stay, but would STRONGLY, STRONGLY suggest not booking the single room (on the quiet side)

Price/booking – Booked the hotel about 6 months in advance directly through the hotel, so paid a very decent rate for 4 nights (about $330 CDN); you can get a small discount if you pay the day of in cash (Euros), so that’s worth considering if you’re on a tight budget. Decent value for my money overall, especially considering July is prime tourist time for Amsterdam

Location – Had absolutely no complaints about the location. Just located a short tram ride from the central train station (3 stops away), and the tram stop was pretty much right outside the hotel itself so nothing too painful. Overall getting around Amsterdam is pretty easy (since the city is relatively small), but still, the Hotel Nadia provides a great base to get around town either by foot or via tram/bike.

The hotel is located within walking reasonable distance to a few grocery stores (including 2 Albert Heijns – one small one just a few steps away, and a much larger one about ~10 mins away), restaurants, shopping areas and so forth. Nothing feels too out of reach by foot.

Staff – A big plus of this hotel is the amazing staff who make you feel welcome the moment you step into the hotel with their free welcome drink, luggage service and overall pleasant, upbeat attitude of everyone working at the hotel. Definitely no complaints here!

Room – I ended up booking the single room (with a request for the quiet side)....BIG MISTAKE! I totally understand that hotel rooms in Europe tend to be smaller than those in North America, but...holy moly was this room ever small! Just opening my suitcase on the ground meant that a) I couldn’t open the door to the bathroom and b) I couldn’t pull back the chair to the tiny little desk. It was just suffocating and for anyone who’s claustrophobic, this wouldn’t be a fun experience to say the least! I got a peek of some of the other rooms, and they seemed a bit more “spacious” (relatively speaking) but PLEASE think twice before booking the single room!!! The washroom was a joke as well, but oh well....

Other than the size issues, the room was decent otherwise – clean, although very tired/outdated looking, and it had a little fridge and table fan (both which were useful). Wireless internet was surprisingly strong and the TV had some decent channels on it (didn’t watch much). Reasonable amount of shelf space for all of your other accessories, but very lacking in closet space (actually, no closet to speak of...whoops).

Overall pros/cons:
+Decent value for money
+Excellent location & staff!! (A++)
+Reasonably clean
-Too darn small (seriously small)
-Got pretty warm in the single room – not much air circulation (a bit rough to sleep at night)

Overall would strongly recommend to anyone looking to spend a minimum amount of time in their room and a minimum amount of money on their hotel stay. Decent hotel overall!

(and see, I made it through the whole review without talking about the stairs! :P)

Room Tip: Do NOT choose the "single room"...eek!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Vik_travel
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Absolutely fantastic.

Staff were great, location was awesome, service was second to none and the rooms were brilliant value for money, especially when taking the balcony into consideration.

Stairs are difficult to navigate, even more so after a few beers!

We shall return. 11/10

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the nadia in August and were very pleased. We had been warned about the STEEP stairs abd not being that young I was a bit apprehensive. Howver all our luggage was taken up for us and when we went shopping the staff offered to carry it up too. The room was small but we had a beautiful view over the canal to the Westerkirk Cathedral.
The breakfast was continental style but there was a good variety.
It was a real experience to stay in a canal house rather than a large bland hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal. Ours was on the reception floor so less stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The hotel wasnt a bad pace at all, rooms a little pokey but it is in a great area with actual Dutch people it seems. Hell while in Rome ? The hotel manager and staff were always over the top to help you out, I am sure they are all of one family running the hotel if that says anything.
Explore the area around the hotel as this seems to be where some of the real people live, good cafes and bars, good coffee and some cool clothes shops.
So give it a go and make sure to look around the area, and yes there are some coffee shops over this side of town but not the tourist type.
I truely love Amsterdam