“Excellent stay, excellent location”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #114 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay, excellent location”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The Nadia is very conveniently located within the centre of Amsterdam. Although our room was on the small side, the staff were absolutely wonderful with nothing too much trouble for them. Very friendly, helpful and accomodating. I would recommend this hotel for the warm welcome and excellent value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

......old wonderful time at the Nadia. This was our 3rd (or maybe 4th) visit to the Nadia and I don't even consider booking anywhere else now.

SAME wonderful hospitatlity. I really appreciate it and you won't beat it anywehere in my experience.
SAME fantastic value for money. Great hotel in a wondeful location at a very good price for this city. Also a 6% discount if you pay in cash.
SAME small room. But this is Amsterdam and that's what you get from old canal and trading houses. However, very clean and we booked a room with a balcony again, where we often sat for a coffee. Also - who comes to Amstredam to spend time in their room ? Not us.
SAME steep stairs. It doesn't bother me though - I just view it as extra excercise (much need to be honest). They do carry your luggage to and from your room though.
DIFFERENT floor this time. We have always been on the 2nd floor but got the 4th floor this time, but what's a few extra stairs all the hours and miles wandering the city. Nicer view.
SAME lovely breakfast. More than enough to set you up for the day out round Amsterdam.
SAME recommendation from me - the best.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms give a little extra space but I think they are mostly at the front so a little more no...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My husband and I just had our second stay at Hotel Nadia and I can't say enough great things about them. They are friendly and welcoming (they actually remember you). They have great amenities which includes a yummy breakfast each morning. They are located in the heart of downtown and it makes getting anywhere easy. I would definitely stay here again and recommend them to anyone!

Room Tip: We love the room with the balcony. I'm sure there is more than one, but we requested our same r...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl S
USA
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I recently returned to Amsterdam and the Nadia Hotel, as always. And as usual, I was very warmly welcomed to what has become my home away from home in Amsterdam. I really appreciate the friendliness and service at the Nadia, which Never changes. And the Nadia's location can't be beat in central Amsterdam. So much of the city is very close by or nearby within walking or tram ride distance. And the steep stairs let me see how my legs adapt to walking around Amsterdam (every ones favorite Amsterdam experience), as day by day they get stronger. I have now spent several months at the Nadia and have never had any regrets. I look forward to my next visit. Enjoy your stay there, always.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Just come back from a stay at the Nadia and couldn't have enjoyed it more. Our room was comfortable and had all the amenities that were required but slightly on the small side but didnt detract from our stay there. The hotel is ideally situated for getting around and close to transport links. The Nadia is only two minutes walk from the Ann Frank House, and a must to visit, we could even monitor the queue from our balcony ( best get there early). The hotel staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. Our flight home was late evening and they looked after our luggage after we checked out and when we returned to pick it up several hours later they offered us use of the breakfast room to have a coffee or two, now how many hotels offer that kind of service, we will definitely be staying there again

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris F
South Carolina
Reviewed 6 November 2012

For my last five visits to Amsterdam, I have stayed at the Hotel Nadia. When making plans, I sometimes consider staying at a chain hotel (because I can often book an award stay), however, I find myself returning to The Nadia.
I am greeted each time by the owner/manager and his outstanding staff as though I make monthly visits rather than yearly. There is always a fresh bouquet of beautiful Dutch flowers in the room to brighten my stay.
The Nadia is situated near Westerkirk and right around the corner from the Anne Frank House in The Jordaan area of Amsterdam. There are a variety of restaurants ranging from Japanese to Italian to vegetarian within walking distance. The tram stop is less than 50 metres from the front door of the hotel and from there you can travel anywhere in the city.
The rooms may be a wee bit on the small side, but are clean and more than adequate. The continental breakfast consists of pastries, toast, cakes, yogurt, cheese, juice, tea, and coffee, etc. is more than enough to start your day. Transportation to/from the airport can be arranged by the front desk...shuttle bus, private car, or taxi.

So, if you want a truly European hotel experience at a reasonable cost in a great location....try The Hotel Nadia on our next visit to Amsterdam.

Oh! And the stairs? My favorite feature....but thank goodness for the staff member who takes your bag to the room!

Room Tip: The canal side rooms tend to be a bit more quiet with a great view of the church and the canal.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Morelia, Mexico
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed in hotel Nadia with my family, and it was a good experience, with excellent service and specially the ubication, because everything was around the Hotel. The only bad thing that I saw, were the stairs. But I liked it and I recommend it.

Room Tip: I think the best thing for choose a good room is the ubication of the Hotel. Well, for me, but also...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family