“Great location,Great service/too small for couple with luggage”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #98 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I agree with other reviewers on the great location. Can't beat it. Also the staff went out of there way to be accommodating. Very helpful. I knew the stairs were going to be a challenge so I am glad our room was no higher then the 2nd floor . My biggest complaint is the size of the room.It is too small for 2 adults and there luggage.
I also felt the room was out dated and even though it was clean, it didn't feel like it. Very dreary.There was barely room to move. I felt like I was in a small cabin in a cruise ship. Also even though we had a balcony, we couldn't use it because of the gnats. The bathroom was so teeny you had to stand at the side of the sink to brush your teeth. I would not recommend this for a couple, unless they have very little luggage. My least favorite hotel in 3 weeks of travel.

Room Tip: Inside room-2nd floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,062)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our hosts at the Nadia were great! They greeted us warmly and carried our bags up 4 flights of very narrow stairs. Location is short walking distance from Centraal Station and not too far a walk from Red Light area. We were a bit disappointed by the size of our room, the size of the private bathroom, and the room furnishings were old and tired. Has wifi but it's not strong. The beds were NOT comfortable. If you're looking for a good location this is it. Next time we will stay somewhere further away from Centraal. The tram and bus system is so easy to use that staying in a hotel 2 km from Centraal would be easy if you're not carrying a lot of luggage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I've just got back fom my first trip to Amsterdam and one of the first things I've done is to log onto here to rave about my stay at Hotel Nadia. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming- on arrival we received a free soft drink and a city map that proved to be invaluable in getting around on the tramsand by foot.
Our room at the hotel was even smaller than we had anticipated but it was clean and we really only intended to use the room as somewhere to sleep. The hotel was in a brilliant location, just over the road from Anne Frank house and a 5 minute walk from the Royal Palace, where you could catch a tram to just about anywhere.
I had read some complaints on here about breakfast, but we thought the small selection or criossants, bread and jams was well chosen and we were able to get the all important cup of tea. For anyone after a bigger, cooked breakfast there were plenty of cafes just outside the hotel anway.
A quick note to anyone planning on visting the nearby Indian restaurant Koh-I-Noor for an evening meal- book ahead. this place is packed every night of the week as the food is so good. We were lucky enough to get a table, but we saw quite a few people booking in for a 90 minute wait.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Hotel nadia were very welcoming, we were upgraded on arrival to a balcony room and were appreciative of the 'welcome drink'. Room was small but had plenty of shelving for luggage, was cosy and very clean, as was the en-suite. The steep stairs to the hotel were not a problem as a staff member carried our luggage up and down without request! We were given maps and useful info for our stay in the city. Great location within walking distance of all the major attractions in Amsterdam! Recommended to anyone!

Room Tip: Lower level room = less stairs :)
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A second visit for my wife, who stayed here with our daughter a few years ago, but a first for me. It hadn't changed at all. It's a charming, quirky little hotel. I knew the stairs are steep and you do have to be careful on them and the rooms are small. The staff are very helpful & location is perfect. The breakfast is more than adequate. All in all, recommended.

Room Tip: First floor, side rooms have good view of canal and bridge and are still quite quiet.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Nadia is a very cozy hotel with a great location. The staff is super friendly and helpful!!! I was ill at the last 2 days when I was in Amsterdam. Fortunately, the owner of the hotel is the medical doctor, they look after me in a very professional way, also they even made me a soup which very much like my Dad's cooking. I was so moved and feel very blessed when I stayed there.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a great little hotel in a great location, easy walk from the main train station and easy walking to the main shopping streets, the Flower Market, and the museums.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, with good English. Breakfast is included in the reasonable price and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised by the lovely bouquet of fresh flowers that was in our room.
The trek up to the reception area is quite something, with virtually vertical stairs, so this isn't for someone who may have an issue with stairs, or has large, bulky bags.
We had a canal view room and although there are street cars and buses on the main street, there was virtually no noise.
This is definitely worth staying at while in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe vs a standard room for more space.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends