“Good Hotel for the Price”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #114 of 368 Hotels in Amsterdam
Tampa, Florida
“Good Hotel for the Price”
Reviewed 28 June 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Nadia one night while we were in Amsterdam. The location was central in the city and about a 15 minute walk from the train station. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone spoke good English. They gave us complimentary water at check-in and then again when we got back later that night after checking out the Red Light District. The room was comically small but clean and quiet. The breakfast was average ( a typical European breakfast with croissants, bread, cheese, juice, and coffee). However the stairs in the hotel are quite step and there are plenty of them. This was not a problem for us but I would not recommend this hotel for anybody who is elderly or at all physically disabled. We would defintely stay here again as it was nearly half the price as other hotels in Amsterdam and very acceptable.

6 Thank neitzjl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2005

My fiancé and I stayed at Hotel Nadia this past weekend while in Amsterdam celebrating my 30th birthday.

The hotel is located just a few minutes walk from Dam Square, which makes getting around easy. There are several tram stops near the hotel as well.

When you open the front door to the hotel you will be astounded by the stairs that lead up to the reception, the 2 flights of stairs that go straight up! So this is defiantly not a hotel for anyone who has trouble climbing stairs, as they are a bit steep.

Once we made it up the stair, we were given a warm welcome and a nice cold welcome drink and assigned our room. Which was on the 4th floor, so up we went 2 more flights of steep stairs.

The room we had was the standard room which over looked nothing in particular as it was at the back of the building. At first I thought I wanted to try to get a canal room, but realized that the traffic noise probably would have bothered me.

Now the room is very small and basic but it is clean and comfortable. Our bathroom was the same. It is basically a large shower room, so no romantic baths.

My only complaint was that the hotel lacks air conditioning, which would have been nice one the really warm nights. My second complaint, which has nothing to do with the hotel, was about the church nearby that rang it's bells all through the night, so it made sleeping with the window open a bit of a pain.

Over all we had a great stay. The staff was lovely, recommending a fantastic seafood restaurant to eat at, and always making sure we knew where we were going when heading out. The hotel may be small but it is clean. So if you don't care much for the trappings of a posh hotel, then stay here.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2005

The staff at the Nadia Hotel were very friendly & gave us a great overview of the city when we arrived. We were very impressed with how helpful they were & the free breakfast service was also a nice bonus (mostly bread & jams). If you're on a budget, this place is fine. However, the room was clean but smelly (old pipes?) and very small. The door hits the bed and there is little room for suitcases. The location was mediocre - close to the Anne Frank museum and the main canals, but not the best area. I'd recommend spending more and staying closer to the Leidesplien. The Nadia Hotel wasn't terrible, but I would not recommend this place to friends because of the smell & location.

2 Thank ebetch24
Scotland
Reviewed 17 June 2005

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found it to be great value for money. The room was small but it was clean and had a safe, fridge and tea/coffee making stuff. The stairs were a bit of a climb since we were on the top floor but it was made easier by the staff carrying the bags to and from the room. I found all the staff members to be very helpful, they all speak great English and even gave us complimentary cans of juice upon our arrival.

The hotel is situated between 2 tram stops and is only minutes from Dam Square so the location is excellent for the money. I would definitely stay at the Nadia again and would recommend it to anyone trying to find a clean, central hotel in Amsterdam.

5 Thank Lorna24
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 29 May 2005

Stayed at Nadia Hotel for one night, in a single room.
So my rewiew is based on the single room.
The room was really, really small, actually the smallest ive ever visited.
The room had the most necceasry things, but no shower soap.
I give this hotel on star for the loccation, which is really great.
Short walk to Anne Frank House, and short walk to Dam Square.
I also give one star to the helpful staff, they were very keen to help me arrange things.
I paid 85 euro for one night, it dont think thats worth it.
So, my conclusion is ; I wont stay here again.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank BlueScow
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 May 2005

Just come back from 4 nights here and was again treated very well from the staff. I have stopped here before and can highly recommend it, the rooms are small, but they have everything u need, the rooms are clean and it's also quiet.

The price is very reasonable considering the location and I would definately stop again if there are rooms available. I can recommend it and you wont be disapointed if youve booked a room here.

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool, UK
Reviewed 4 May 2005

I've been to Amsterdam several times and have had different degrees of luck with the various hotels I've sampled there. The Nadia is by far and away the nicest hotel I've stayed in in the city. I booked it after reading the reviews on here. It is fantastic value for money, cosy, friendly and centrally located. The rooms are tiny (like cabins) but have everything you need. The staff are the nicest people you could hope to meet and nothing was to much trouble for them. As for the stairs.....they are overwhelming when you first open the front door and see the receptionist peering down from miles away up on the first floor but we were instructed to leave our bags in the hall and staff quickly brougt them up to our rooms. I notice someone on here was complaining about having to wait for their room to be ready - we had a wait too but the staff escort you to the dining room and offer you free hot or cold drinks so it's hardly a hardship! Breakfast is a simple continental spread - lovely raisin toast, croissants, cheese and great coffee! - and the dining rom is really cosy like the rest of the hotel.

Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2005