“Nadia Hotel is Great”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #97 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 18 December 2009

Nadia is my favorite hotel in Amsterdam. The service and cleanliness are impeccable, the rooms are charming, and the location can't be beat. I highly recommend this jewel of a hotel!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,063)

Reviewed 14 December 2009

This hotel provides all the comforts of home in a friendly manner. The staff is courteous and professional in a way that made us feel like we were staying with friends. Fresh flowers were in the room daily! We really liked the location. It is convenient to the center of town within walking distance to many attractions. The only thing we didn't like about the hotel is the stairs but after a day or two they become a part of the "home" that we accepted.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2009

This is a well recommended hotel for three reasons, location, value and service. Staff were very helpful and tho' the rooms are small and the stairs steep, it offers excellent value for money. It is in the centre of Amsterdam close to Anne Frank house and the Westerkerk.
If you want room service, a gym, bar and pool then you know where to go. If you want a friendly little Dutch hotel then book now.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I booked this hotel for the budget price and based on the great reviews on TripAdvisor.
So the plus's are
1) This hotel has a great location. Its close to Dam Square, the red light district, all the coffee shops/restaurants and a 5/10 min walk from the Central Train Station.
2) A reasonable price for Amsterdam Hotels.
3) Friendly, helpful staff who will take your bags up the Mount Everest of stairs.
4) Free can of drink when you arrive
Negatives:
1) Everything in this hotel is small.
2) The stairs are absolutely amazing and need to be seen to be believed.
3) This was the smallest hotel room I have ever had the misfortune to be in. It was so small I was sure that my husband and I wouldn't be able to both sleep in the bed, but we actually we did. Having said that, it did have everything we needed for our 2 night stay but I couldn't have managed another night. The toilet and shower room was so small it was only just possible to sit on the toilet and put your arms down by your sides!
2) The breakfast was also the smallest continental breakfast I have ever been offered in a hotel. Because we had pre-paid I made my husband eat the breakfast, but thank god there are lots of coffee shops and cafe's close by.
3) Garishly decorated and looked like the whole hotel needed a good scrub!
For me this hotel is 1* (and thats being generous), if that and I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel or go back to it. We visited Durty Nellies Hostel where our friends were staying and the standard was much higher than that of the Nadia's and less than half the price per night.
My advice go to Amsterdam, enjoy yourself and odn't stay at the Nadia Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susie1964
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I WENT TO AMSTERDAM ON THE 16TH NOVEMBER 2009 and i loved hotel nadia the staff are excellent not far from all attractions including DAM SQUARE and the FAMOUS RED LIGHTZ I EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE FREE DRINK WHEN YOU GET THERE FOR ALL CUSTOMERS rooms are ok but the bathroom was a bit cramped for my likin overall great place

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2009

Central hotel with great value for money. Small rooms, good breakfast and free wifi. Perfect!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I have just returned from a weekend break with four of my girlfriends in Amsterdam and we stayed at the Hotel Nadia and it was perfect. The hotel looks small but it is rabbit warrant inside. We arrived at 9am and although we couldn't check in until 2pm it was not a problem. We left our bags in reception, had a drink on the house and was given a comprehensive map and guide to Amsterdam and off we went to explore. We did Ann Frank house, did lunch and then wandered back to the hotel.

Our bags were in our room and although it was small (which considering the space in any traditional hotel in Amsterdam) it was just what we needed. Fridge, tv, bathroom with a fantastic shower, lots of hot water and fresh white sheets on the bed. Tea making facilities and it was just perfect. Afterall we only used the room as a base to shower change and sleep and we could not ask for anything more.

The staff were great, so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. We asked it we could have some ice in our room, yep ice we got, they really went that extra mile. Although it was a hotel I think the fact that it was small, personal and friendly it felt like we were spending the weekend at a mates house.

The stairs, yes they were steep but so what, after you have been up and down them once it aint a problem. If you want plush hotel reception, bar and piped music then don't come to the Nadia, however if you want friendly, clean, central and nice sheets then this is the place for you.

I would certainly recommend The Hotel Nadia to anyone who wants a short break in Amsterdam and if you would like to contact me to ask any questions then I would be more than happy to oblige.

So to sum up, cheap, clean, friendly, helpful and like your mates house. I would not stay anywhere else if I were spending time in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends