“Just like a home away from home”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #98 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 April 2010

My mother and I have traveled to Amsterdam twice for vacation, once in 2007 and once in 2010, and we stayed at the Nadia both times. Without a doubt, the Nadia is the most hospitable place we have lodged in all our various travels abroad. The rooms and the building itself are beautifully decorated and absolutely charming, with great views of the city and a convenient location as well. Much more importantly, the staff are quick to anticipate needs and to go the extra mile to help their guests. I could literally give a dozen examples but will limit myself to this one: on our last trip, my mother had received an injury to her ankle before we got to Amsterdam, so she had some difficulty going up and down stairs. The manager noticed her limp right away when we arrived and took the initiative to move our room from a higher floor to a lower floor to make things easier for mom, without ever being asked. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel where I felt such a personal level of caring and hospitality as the Nadia.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,061)

Reviewed 1 April 2010

Brilliant location slightly west of the centre of Amsterdam, just a short stroll from Dam Square. The tram stop only 50m from the front door provides access to the Central Station and other areas of Amsterdam. Close to many historical sites including Anne Frank House and the Western Church, and near many delightful shopping streets and eating areas. Our room was small, but provided all the necessities; the bathroom was 5 star - clean, modern and well presented. The view from our window was 'to die for' overlooking the canal we could watch the procession of bicycles and trams and buses undertaking their normal business, while occasional canal boats traversed the bridge under the road. The beautiful Western Church dominating the skyline.
The staff of the hotel were all friendly, helpful and caring. We felt looked after from the moment we arrived.
The breakfast room was bright and cheerful and the range of edibles was very welcome.

Reviewed 1 April 2010

Good hotel with a kind staff, excellent location in the very heart of Amsterdam, and a very reasonable price... And you can improve your shape by going up and down the impressive staircase. No doubt we will go back!

Reviewed 31 March 2010

We stayed 2 nights before a river cruise. Great hotel - excellent central location. Breakfast was plentiful and yummy and staff was very friendly and helpful with directions, etc. We would definitely stay here again - rooms were on the smaller side - very typical European size, but clean and comfy. Next time, I would ask for a room off the main street - the trams were a bit noisy at night...but a definite great experience. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed 29 March 2010

I can honestly say I have never been so warmly greeted everytime I came back in to Nadia (I've stayed there twice, several days at a time--this is advertising in itself. The owner is a lovely, gentle man whose son works with him.
The steps are steep, but they all are in Amsterdam--this is part of the charm of the city. The staff will gladly take your luggage up for you. You'll be greeted with a coke (& a smile) each time you pass the desk.
Yes, the rooms are small, but aren't you there to see the city, not your room?
It's quite clean & the staff is there if you need anything (I'm an American & all I did was ask where I could find ice & a staff member hurriedly found some & brought it to the room). You'll get a Continental Breakfast each morning. Oh! And you can't beat the location!
When I'm in Amsterdam I'll definitely recommend Nadia. In fact, I already have. A fellow passenger on a cruise is going to Amsterdam---& he & his wife are staying--at The Nadia!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Nadia hotel rooms are extremelly small but its kind of romantic to run into each other 5 times a day. There is enought space to put your stuff and unpack your luggage. Room has everythig it might need, well expept microwave, but thats not a problem when you live in the very center of amsterdam and there is a food place every few steps!.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2010

Stayed 4 nights great location very clean just what you need bags carried in & out of hotel staff couldnt do enough. Had a antastic time David & Emma (Newcastle)