“Amazing, Helpful Staff”

Ranked #116 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Amazing, Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 18 June 2010

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Nadia for 2 nights, which is nicely located by the tram stop from the train station. The staff was extremely helpful and offered us complimentary beverages at our arrival and departure from the hotel. The room was very clean with a shower and toilet and we had an amazing view of the canal. The room also included a fridge, which was great for us as budget travelers, since we could store food from the supermarket in the fridge. Additionally ,the hotel served a wonderful free breakfast in a tea room that overlooked the canal. Although there is a steep flight of stairs to the receptionist's desk, do not fear. You do not need to carry your luggage up the stairs. The staff carried all of our very heavy lodge to our rooms for us. I would certainly stay at the hotel again if I ever return to Amsterdam in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2010

my husband and i stayed at the hotel nadia in room 203 from june 7-10 as part of our 2 week european honeymoon.
i cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. location, staff and rooms, everything was fantastic!! with the exception of one female member of staff (not sure of her name, but she was dark haired, and seemed to be working in the evenings) everyone was great, and very helpful!!! we received a cold welcome drink when we arrived, received lots of maps and info, and were shown to our room promptly. when we arrived, there was beautiful flowers waiting for us. i would absolutely not hesitate in staying there again.

breakfast was great. there is a great pancake restaurant (saras pancakes) right downstairs, and they were great! we went to a great italian restaurant (when you leave the hotel, turn left and walk for about 3 or 4 minutes, and its on the corner).

one thing we noticed, and it is not a make or break element for us, but might be for some people ... the free internet that is advertised, is VERY slow, and doesn't work sometimes.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlmostMrsCook
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I stayed at the hotel at the beginning of June. I was able to find the tram and location easily thanks to the hotel's website.

I received a welcome drink and lots of information and maps of Amsterdam. I was also shown the breakfast room which has fantastic views. I have stayed in Amsterdam before and hadn't received such a great service. I was also offered drinks a few more times including checkout.

The stairs are very steep but I managed mainly because I didn't have to bring up my trolleycase myself! I had a smaller room to start with because the hotel was full which was challenging with my larger trolleycase! The second room had quite a bit more room. I had no problems sleeping in either room on the quieter side. The rooms and bathrooms always looked clean and tidy.

I enjoyed the breakfast it was plenty for me and loved the cheese, croissants and cake.
I really like the staff they were always very friendly and helpful especially Osam the manager. One of my flights going back was cancelled and he did his best to assist including letting use the internet because my netbook wasn't usable. If I was going to Amsterdam for a future trip I would happily go back and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Personal very very helpful, rooms are enough for sleep if you don´t want more than this.

Breakfast well, not to much quantity, but it includes coffee, orange juice, croissants, bread with cheese, ....

We would return, price by room very recommended. Only one bad thing, the steep stairs, but the personnel helps you with your cases.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2010

my stay at nadia hotel was lovely from start to finish. the room was small but perfect for one and very clean with a lovely balcony . the manager , osam, was extremely helpfull and friendy as were all the staff. the buffet breakfast was adequate for my needs with great coffee. location was great and i would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank schnauzermum
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2010

there is a lot of stairs so be prepared but the staff are very friendly and helpful. iv stayed in the hotel twice now and would alwyas go back to stay there in future trips to amsterdam, its in a great location and the rooms with balconys have a great view. there is also a shuttle bus that can transport you to the hotel from the airport. i would highly reccommened hotel nadia for a couple having a nice weekend in amsterdam, the rooms are of a smaller mor intimate size but if you have the balcony it doesnt matter all rooms have a t.v and safe. it ais a great hotel and the friendly helpful lovely staff make up for the steep stairs. highly reccommend it not a bad thing to say about hotel nadia!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kimatron
british columbia, canada
Reviewed 10 June 2010

2-3 star hotel with 5 star staff. Yes, steep stairs but staff moved baggage for us without being asked (plus gave a welcome drink and water bottles when leaving). The room had a canal view and was quiet enough. The location is perfect for the Jordaan and all sight-seeing - walked everywhere. The only weak area was the breakfast but that relates to the cost. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple