“Living a dream...”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #98 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Yes, compared to some, Dutch rooms are small and the stairs tall, but our week-long Nadia Hotel stay was A1 all the way: extremely friendly helpful staff, great service, and location, location, location!! No more than 15-minute walks to every Centrum attraction in Amsterdam-- museums, shopping, beautiful scenery everywhere you look-- all room amenities in perfect working order, plenty of lights, private bath, public transportation literally right to the front door-- I can't imagine a more positive hotel experience. And very affordable for the budget conscious too. We definitely recommend looking at the Nadia Hotel if you plan to come to Amsterdam. You'll love it too...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,061)

Reviewed 23 June 2010

This hotel is centrally located on the tram system, and within easy walking of the Dam area and the Jordaan. When we opened the front door and I looked up the stairs, my heart skipped a beat as I did not think I could carry my suitcase up them, Not to worry , a young man carried everything up, and I mean up, and also carried them down when we left so the stairs were not an issue, but they could be if you were not fairly fit. One of our party of 4 was in her 80's,and she managed just fine, but she is very fit for her age.
The room was small for 2 people, but we managed. The vase of lillies was a lovely touch, and we had a view onto the canal.t was alittle noisy from the nearby main road with the trams, but it did not prove to be a problem sleeping. There was a TV, room safe and a coffee and tea maker. The shower was small, but fine.
breakfast was included and was better than some we had on our trip.

i would certainly stay here again should I return to Amsterdam. The staff were very friendly and gave us maps and information. i loved the location, and felt at home here.
There are no frills, and the room was basic, but i would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants value of money,friendly staff, and a central location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I trully recommend Hotel Nadia: the position is excellent, only 5 minutes away from Dam Square and Amsterdam Centraal Station, the staff is very friendly, makes you definitelly don't wanna leave anymore the hotel, very clean, safe, internet access.
I had booked a quiet room (which I recommend as well), as I needed rest (being also a solo traveller), so If you need a comfortable stay and no nervs, book your room to Nadia Hotel! The right place to be!

P.s: the rooms are quite small, but very cozy

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2010

The Nadia is a nice hotel; we appreciated the fridge & coffee maker, lacking in many hotels. Breakfast is spartan but gets you up and running without wasting time. The rooms are compact but have everything you need including wireless internet. Ringing the front door to get in is a bit quaint and the stairs to get to rhe reception are typically old world and steep. You need to be spry and not overweight! Location is great and the staff very very helpful, our stay was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

This is my third stay at the Nadia and every stay has been absolutely wonderful. My friend and I were given a large twin room on the canal side with a stunning view of Westerkerk from the window. We were greeted warmly by reception staff and Osam, the manager. How, I don't know, but pretty much the entire staff seems to remember their repeat visitors. Beautiful flowers in the room with a 'Welcome Home' card, complimentary cold drinks, luggage delivered up the steps, help with setting up my wi-fi (a bonus since my last visit over a year ago), directions and maps, lovely breakfast each morning, help in trying to print boarding passes. Osam and his staff always seem to go out of their way to help. We had to leave on an early flight on the Sunday, and he made sure that breakfast was ready in the breakfast room a little earlier than usual so we wouldn't have to travel on rumbling tummies.
The location of the Nadia is so perfect. Located on the tram line we were able to travel all over Amsterdam with little to no problems. It is also within walking distance of Dam Square, the Jordaan area.... everything. Yes, it is an oldy worldy hotel and some of the rooms may be small - but then, that is part of its charm.
I love the Nadia - and appreciate all that Osam and his staff did to make our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2010

we stayed in a balcony room and we just have one word: fantastic!!! the room is not as small as it appears in the photos and the cleanliness was remarcable. when on the balcony we could absorve the life of amsterdam with all the noise related of course. the breakfeast is really really nice in quantity and quality. the staff is super friendly and ready to help us with a constant smile on their faces.
we are quite sure that we're returning to amsterdam, and if that's the case, to nadia hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

This was my 4th time in Amsterdam but my frst time in a hotel. Did't feel like spending a fortune on the accomodation but wanted to be central to be able to get lost on those little canals any time I felt like it :)

How easy do you find it? I spoted it right from the tram. I asked the conductor wether the tram was goind to raadhuisstraat and she answered rather bored that ALL TRAMS GO THERE!!! (you stupid foreigner...just my comment). Feeling a bit discouraged I checked in and took a seat expecting 5-6 tramstops. And at a certain point I saw it: Nadia Hotel. I jumped at the next station, just 3 minutes away from the hotel, in a straight line accross a canal. With 2 pieces of luggage after me :)))

What about the bloody stairs? OK, so the stairs require a healthy sense of humor. They are steep and many. You have to consider that in the past, they used to pay taxes according to how much surface a house occupied on the earth's crust and not according to its real surface. So of course they optimized everything on a vertical plane. The building is old and there is nothing you can do about it. I laughed when i first saw it, thinking about the frustrations it must induce sometimes. Really, take it as an amsterdamese joke and climb one step at a time. you'll be fine

the rooms: I only know about mine. a single room with bed, tv, shower and table to put your lap top, wc, towels and flowers :) There were flowers in the room when I arrived and yes it does not make you more comfortable or better about the small space if you need space, but it was a nice gesture, and it spoke about the manager's and the staff's intent to make every guest's stay as pleasant as possible. So back to the room. It had all I needed. The walls are thin and yes there were some faint noises from other rooms but nothing kept me awake. This is the time of the soccer world cup and there are lots of bars around. but i had no problem with the noise. and now that i speak about the bars, do stop at sara's pancake place. have a pancake there, but if you ask for something spicy, be careful what you ask for. you will catch fire :))) loved it!!!!

breakfast. no meat on any days, but I usually do not eat meat si I had no problem with that. I did miss my yougurt in the morning and one day i asked for a glass of milk and I was given one. the coffee is good. the cheese could be a little more diversified, I guess, but no real problem for me there either.

keywords for the connnoissers: grasshopper, the bulldog ...

Ask to see the view from the roof.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business