“Best location and value”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #99 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 5 December 2010

We did much research before choosing Hotel Nadia and booked our room knowing about the steep stairs and small rooms. We also knew the price was much more affordable than most hotels in the area with equally small rooms. What we didn't know was how friendly the staff would be or how great the breakfast and breakfast room would be or just how close the Hotel Nadia is to EVERYTHING. The rooms were clean with great wireless internet connection and big windows. If you are traveling on a budget and appreciate hospitality then stay at the Hotel Nadia!

On the night before we flew out, the porter (can't remember his name!) made sure we knew that he would carry our bags down the night before and brought us into the kitchen to package up some breakfast for us to have in our room early the next morning. This was way above and beyond regular service.

Finally, when I asked for a non-smoking room they let me know that although smoking is not allowed, they could not guarantee it as it is hard for them to enforce. My room did not smell of smoke but I did smell it in the halls. I HATE smoke but it did not bother me. I really appreciated their honesty during booking our reservation.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,083)

Reviewed 4 December 2010

Just returned from Amsterdam and an 8 night stay at Hotel Nadia.The location of the hotel is perfect . The manager and staff at the hotel are the best we've seen anywhere! There is a very nice breakfast room with a good breakfast to get you going on those cold Amsterdam mornings.The rooms are a very good value with our room having a balcony and canal view was great, the rooms are not that much smaller compared to others in the city. What really makes this hotel great are the people working there, from the manager to reception to the breakfast staff and everyone in between they really make you feel like it is your home away from home and we cannot wait to return for another stay. Thank You Hotel Nadia for making it our best stay yet while in Amsterdam!

Reviewed 4 December 2010

I stayed in "Nadia" hotel just for 2 nights in November 2010. One might imagine that November is not the best month to visit Amsterdam because of the rainy and cold weather. But believe me, my stay in this cosy and warm house (I cannot even call it hotel, it felt like I was home in there), made my stay enjoyable and as pleasant as I wished it to be. I found this hotel through a simple search on the internet, made a request and got immediate response and confirmation of booking. The staff is extremely nice and welcoming. The rooms are very warm, cosy, and the administrator and his colleagues, thought of every small detail to make a guest feel like an invited friend in their room. Starting with the fresh bouquet of flowers that is waiting for in your room you when you arrive, finishing with the small tea-pot and conditions to prepare your own tea - they thought of everything. Breakfast had all the necessary ingredients.
The only bad thing about my stay there was that it was so short! Thank you "Nadia" team!
Conclusion: If you want to feel the real Amsterdam architecture from the inside, meaning small but cosy, combined with a friendly atmosphere, this is the right place for you!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I was there for five days from Oct 20th to Oct 26th.
Great location a 10 min walk from Central Station and 5 minutes from Dam Square.
You can get all over the town with trams, buses, taxi or subway.
The Staff is just perfect. Although it does not have an elevator (and I was carrying heavy pieces of luggage) they set me in my room fast and with a welcome drink. A courtesy that was repeated when I get back to the hotel breathless between some scheduled meetings and asked for info to the owner/manager Osama.
Very Nice people at the front desk that helped me all the time that I need assistance.
Good Breakfast with a nice view to the channel and the church.
Room is small but not claustrophobic and very well designed. Clean bathroom and surprisingly big for the room.
Would recommend for sure and I will be back there when I go back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Just wanted to say that we had a great time, and this hotel totally complimented our trip to Amsterdam. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, and with breakfast included in the price there isn't a better place to start your day.

Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 2 December 2010

The whole staff was sincerely caring, nice and very polite, at all time. Furthermore, the combination of price, location and standing make the Nadia hotel an excellent place to stay in Amsterdam. The only details for which I cannot rate it as perfect (nobody is either) were maybe the size of the single room and from time to time the street noises could be an (small) issue.
Overall, a very good hotel, and a truly excellent staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My wife and I have just returned from a 1 night stay in Hotel Nadia. We chose it because of the Trip Advisor reviews we had read.

If you are a very small person who smokes heavily; have a low budget but want to stay in quite a good location in a wonderful European city, the Nadia would be OK. If this is not you, you should avoid it.

We doubt that several reviews are genuine.

The hotel is rated highly with business travellers. Whatever Hotel Nadia is, it is not a business hotel and yet, it is rated #3 in Amsterdam for business travellers!!! We cannot believe that it would be used by business travellers, never mind be reviewed favourably by them.

The excellent reviews often seem to have been posted by people who have submitted only ONE hotel review - Hotel Nadia. The reviews are often in poorly written English, even from people who purport to come from the UK. Read carefully and draw your own conclusions.

It is true that the staff are very friendly and welcoming, but both Reception and our room stank of cigarette smoke. Even the manager left a trail of stale cigarette smoke behind him.

We have used Trip Advisor successfully several times before but we will be much more cautious in future.

6  Thank BrianRHullUK