“little Gem”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #99 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Recently stayed at hotel Nadia with family members to celebrate a birthday .Rooms were spotless ,location was fantastic and service was 5 star really friendly and helpful staff who couldnt do enough for us .Would highly recommend and would stay there again should we ever return to Amsterdam !!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 December 2010

This was our second stay at the Nadia and we will definitely return again. The location so close to the town center makes it great for walking or taking the trans and buses to restaurants and entertainment. The staff is very attentive and helpful. The rooms have fresh flowers and are kept clean. This hotel is a great value for the money and it is truly like "coming home"! Entry stairs are only downside but they are doable.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Amsterdam was my final stop on a month long journey through Europe. I had read rave reviews about this hotel over the past few months while planning my trip and the reviews and hotel never disappointed. This is one of the best places I stayed while in Europe! The rooms are clean and cozy. The staff (Wish I got their names) is very funny, friendly, and very helpful!! The owner and staff go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable throughout your stay. I highly recommend staying here because you'll not be disappointed!! If the owner is there, talk to him! He is one of the kindest people I met while abroad. If you have bad knees like I do, then beware of the stairs. The stairs give a great workout, that's for sure! Overall, staying here was a great end to my adventure. I highly recommend staying here, you'll not be disappointed at all!! I will be back!! Thanks again!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2010

The people at the nadia worked very hard to make our two night stay very relaxing,everything we asked for was no trouble for the nadia team.Check in/out was excellent in both hospitality and luggage minding until we left for our coach back to rotterdam.I would not hessitate to recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Staying in Amsterdam for my girlfriends birthday, we wanted somewhere central with a personal touch and booked this hotel based on reviews here. We couldn't have been happier.

We were made to feel very welcome on arrival. Helped with our luggage, given a welcome drink, and had fresh flowers in our room. The entire staff from manager to maids were all wonderfully friendly, sincerely helpful, and always had time to help or just chat.

Although the stairs were steep (we were on the top floor too) we didn't find them as much of an issue as some people have said. Our room was clean, very comfortable, and we both loved the balcony overlooking the Westerkerk.

I can honestly say the welcome and service we were given at Nadia was better than anywhere else I've ever stayed, and definately one of the contributing factors to a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I booked this hotel for my mother and I the day I was due to arrive at the airport for my early flight the next monring. The manager was extremely quick in replying to my booking and my extra questions.

The staff were fantastic and always ready to help. They gave us directions, tips on where to go, brought us extra pillows when asked and were always very friendly and polite. We received complimentary cold drinks (Coke, water, 7Up etc) every day, sometimes twice a day.
The breakfast was OK. It consisted of bread, (I didn't see a toaster), one type of cheese, mini yoghurts, apples, croissants, butter cake and tea/coffee etc. It's not the best breakfast I've had and that's comparing it to equivalent hotels.

The Room
We had a twin room with a full canal view. It had everything we needed, a fridge, TV, kettle and a bathroom with a good powerful shower - always a bonus. It was very small - we had to negotiate moving around the room and it was fairly cold on the bed under the big window as there is no double glazing - being at the end of November it was pretty cold anyway! The beds were also small singles (2ft) but were quite adequate for our 4 night stay. We were glad that we chose the full canal view as our room was on the side of the hotel and as such we overlooked a quieter canal street rather than the main road.

Location
The hotel is a stones throw from the back of the Palace and Anne Franks House. Everything is within walking distance, some places, like the museum quarter were about 15-20mins but Amsterdam is such a beautiful place to walk around it added to our trip and meant we got to appreciate a lot more of the city. There is a tram stop outside if you want though.

Overall I would definitely stay there again. Staff like those we met at the Nadia Hotel are becoming rare and add this to the location and the cost and it was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I stayed in this hotel with 4 friends and we like everything about it.
I absolute agree with the good commentaries about the staff, the rooms are simple and the location is perfect. I was surprised with the accuracy of the photos.
Don’t expect luxury, just a bit more of the value of your money.
PS – I am a travel agent