“A good choice”
Review of Hotel Nadia

Hotel Nadia
Ranked #99 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 22 December 2010

The hotel is in a fine location overlooking the canal and the Westerkerk. Handy for Dam Square also. In less snowy weather the other main attractions are within easy walking distance.
Our room was on the small side, though it had everything we needed. To be fair, the size of the room goes with that type of building in Amsterdam. It was well heated in what was quite a cold snap.Breakfast was Continental, and perfectly adequate. The breakfast room was nicely decorated for Christmas.The staff were pleasant and helpful.
I will aim to stay at the Nadia when I return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,083)

Reviewed 22 December 2010

I am going to start with a negative in hopes that the positive at the end of the review will be more prominent... the cleanliness was pretty much non-existent. Used condom, previous guests statements, and lost clothes. Unfortunately also related to housekeeping... we left a tip for the person handling the baggage and left a note specific for him. To make a long story short housekeeping saw us leave and took the tip before we were even half way down the first flight of stairs. (That was when we remembered our jacket and went back.) It is unfortunate the gentleman handling our baggage will have no idea he was ever left a very nice tip.

I is also possible that perhaps they all share tips? Or perhaps all tips go to housekeeping?

On to the positive... FANTASTIC location. We walked everywhere. The set up itself was unusual because I am from Canada and this was my first trip overseas but I very much appreciated the experience. The service was unbelievable. They did everything they could to make us comfortable even when we were early on arrival. The front desk would get very busy and the lady working was always a pleasure no matter how busy you knew she was.

I stayed in a room with two others and my sister, her husband, and their toddler stayed in another room. When assigning rooms they did a great job a finding what was suitable. Our set up was perfects for a couple and a single and my sisters was perfect for her and her husband and the toddler.

We were on the top floor and although many might see the stairs as a negative I very much enjoyed them. Definitely must be able to walk stairs but was no a huge issue even with the youngster around.

Overall this was a fantastic hotel. Had the cleanliness not included a used condom I likely would have rated this as excellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2010

The Manager and staff were so welcoming and could not have done anymore.
My daughter and myself could not have been happier in Amsterdam.
The location was very central and the hotel perfect.
Thank you so much for making our break so special!

Julia and Jodie

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My usual Amsterdam business travel address continues to deliver on Value and Service. Great location, friendly staff and good rates. You can't lose.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2010

When we arrived at the Nadia hotel there was just single door between shops and a
sign above, but on entering you are greeted with a staircase that can only be discribed as the north face of the eiger but no sooner have you closed the door Hazem appears
to help you carry your bags and suitcases up the stairs.This was just the start of what
only can be discribed as three days of nonstop help from the staff,whatever you need they are there to help.The room was lovely and clean and the breakfast room was a joy
to eat in with its views over the canal and highstreet.Ican only say that our stay was made
even better because of the friendly staff and the quirky but nice decor that greets you each time you enter the Nadia.We would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Delightful hotel close to all the key sights with staff that made you feel at home from the moment you stepped inside the door. Pleasant room with lovely view of the canal and quiet at night. Cute breakfast room with the best croissants I've even eaten. We had to leave very early on our last day and Nazim organised a full breakfast tray the night before so we would not miss out. Admittedly the stairs were a challenge but staff readily assisted us to take our bags up and down. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I can't say enough about the staff at Nadia. Friendly, helpful, courteous. And they are this way 24/7. I had an early flight out and did not prepare as well as I should have. Fortunately they gave me a wake up call, arranged a taxi and brought my bags down to the door. I also had issues connecting wireless to the internet. They were able to help me out there as well. The hotel is very quiet. It felt like I was staying at a relatives house. The room that I had was very small (probably about 6x12 feet plus the bathroom)but clean, warm and comfortable. I used the hotel shuttle bus service from the airport to the Nadia because I didn't want to haul my suitcase arround, however it is a 10 minute walk to the the Central Station if one wanted to save a couple bucks.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo