“Cheap and good.”

easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South
Ranked #193 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The location - 2 km from City, not so bad walk.
Cleanless - very good.
Shower and bed - best of our trip
Quit, clean,quit cheap, good service and not so bad location - recommented.
We had an internal room which was small but ok.

Room Tip: AN internal room was fine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ansu69
Danny v, General Manager at easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear Ansu69,

Thank you for your nice summeary of to the point marks that describe easyHotel Amsterdam.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel was basic but very CLEAN. I stayed for just one night with a friend. It was perfect. Lots of hotels in Amsterdam are not this clean.
If you are staying for more than a few days it might not meet your needs as there is no closet or dressers. But for a night or two..... perfect!
They do charge you extra for wi-fi Tv early/late check-in/out. They also charge to hold your bags. So it is no frills to say the least.

I'll be resting my head there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heidihoonthego

Dear Heidihoonthego,

Thank you for your feedback at Tripadvisor.

We'll looking foreward to welcome you back soon, resting your head...

Reviewed 20 October 2012

It met my expectations. Yes the twin room (415, level 4/top floor, facing the street) was tiny but use of space was good and it was quiet. Generally clean but my only major reservation was the dust! Obviously it had been cleaned but must have been left empty for a while. I was in Amsterdam for a few days to look for an apartment and so I was travelling around the city and the suburbs by tram and train, and I found the location fine for getting to a tram stop or the central station (use tram 16 or 24 for the central station). Actually I really liked the location, in the fairly trendy Oude Pijp, hence it's also within easy walking distance of the famous Albert Cuypstraat market. I paid for wifi (€7.50 per day) which was fast and invaluable for my search and use of a locker on the final day (€5). I knew all such services would be extra before I booked so I came prepared to pay- though if you didn't know this I can imagine it might be annoying. However, the cafe just round the corner (Banketbakkerij Kwekkeboom) has free wifi and you can use the discount card (10% off in this cafe) that the hotel gives you when you first check in. The staff in the hotel were neither unfriendly or extremely welcoming, just ok, but I never really asked them anything. I think it depends who's on the desk at the time. So to sum up, I would recommend this hotel if you're happy with the minimum level of services and paying for the extras (making up the room, cleaning, fresh towels are also paid-for extras by the way, but I didn't need any of these during my stay). If you can get the cheapest rate, I doubt you'll find better in Amsterdam without going to a hostel. Have fun in Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Visit the Banketbakkerij Kwekkeboom cafe round the corner for free wifi and 10% discount :)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank the_real_miu

Dear the_real_miu,

Thank you for your time to leave a extensive respons at Tripadvisor. Other travelers can use your honest review very much I think.

Please book again and we will be pleased to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms and showers. Bed very good. The room was smaller than I thought. Not for room parties, only for sleeping. Worth the money, though. I would prefer little more space. Receptionist were helpful and friendly.

1  Thank jsajsa

Dear jsajsa,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor.

We are gled you enjoyed your stay so much and we like to welcome you back very soon!!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

It took us over two hours to find this hotel, it is not located on the main tram line as indicated, but rather round the corner. The staff were not very friendly to us, and we were grunted at in acknowledgement from the blond lady at the desk with the tattoo of writings on her wrist.

The room was like a prison cell, it was very small & claustrophobic, and we could not open the window :( After about 20 mins we had to get out as we were getting a bit stir crazy. We arrived back later at night, and we arranged to pay the extra money for satellite tv. It cost €7.50 and we paid with a €20. We were then given €2.50 in change. I pointed out that this was €10 short, and the lady insisted I had only given her €10. I demanded that she check her till, but she blanked me and started browsing the web on her computer ignoring me completely. I did not wish to cause any further scene, and angrily took my losses. Be very wary of giving them money, as this girl seemed to be scamming me.

We rented bikes on the Sunday in order to traverse the city, and as we were setting off, as soon as I stepped out the door, I was blasted with a wave of marihuana smoke by other residents from the hotel who were using the front door as a smoking area early in the morning, including a doppelganger of Robert Downey JR who blew a huge cloud of dope smoke in my face.

On the Sunday night, our TV stopped working, and after going to sleep, we were interrupted by drunk men banging on our door, who had got the wrong room. On the Monday morning, we were yet again interrupted in the morning by the maid who insisted we had to leave the room to book out, even though we were booked for two more days! I had to go to reception to sort out this error, and the maid and receptionist neither apologised, instead smirking and finding it funny.

To, it's credit, the hotel is served well by a bakery, Dirk the Drogist store next door where you can buy headache remedies, as you will need these after staying here. There is a very handy dump store across the road which sells camping gear, in case you have to leave the hotel in a hurry, and a 24 hour liquor seller where you can drown your sorrows at having picked such a crazy place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lo P
Danny v, General Manager at easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Lo P,

Thank you for sharing your finding during your stay at easyHotel Amsterdam.

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't like your stay and had some bad experiences. We like to offer you our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We will discuss your remarks with our team to upgrade our service.

We really hope, we may welcome you back, so we can prove the service in a way you may expect from us.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

For starters do not attempt to walk here, especially after visiting a coffee shop, it is around 40 minutes walk away! Put it this way, we saw a LOT of Amsterdam by foot. The number 25 tram does stop just outside though but the trams stop fairly early. Avoid taxis as they are around 40 euros but the cycle- rickshaws are brilliant and cost 20 euros from the red light district. The room itself was very small and the beds were minuscule which is annoying when you expected a double and ended up with twin beds, the shower was great though. The desk staff were friendly enough apart from one woman who shortchanged me by 10 euros when I got change for the vending machine and refused to countenance the idea that she may have been wrong. The surrounding area though remote has a 24 hour shop round the corner manned by a rather surly chap and a decent supermarket. Probably would not stay here again due to the location and single beds but for a business sleepover it would suffice.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Clare T,

Thanks you for taking the time to complete a survey at Tripadvisor.

I apologies you've been shortchanged! I will discuss this issue with our receptionists to avoid any future errors.

Many thanks for the tips mentioned, other travellers can use...

We hope to welcome you back soon, because booking a double bedroom is possible as well!

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Easy hotel is by and large as expected: a clean (small) room, a (small) and clean shower, in a location that is neither wonderful nor horrible.
You really get what you pay for. The only criticism that I have is the lack of storage in the room. A tiny, tiny shelf, a solid contraption with a single immovable kind of hanger... and that's about it!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Danny v, General Manager at easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Sir_Top-Hat,

Thank you very much for your feedback at Tripadvisor!

We find that adding any additional furniture for extra storage to our rooms leads to it being too cluttered for the rooms to be comfortable; however, we will take your idea of more storage room into consideration. This certainly does not detract from any inconvenience caused.

We hope to welcome you back soon in easyHotel Amsterdam!