I am a Platinum IHG member, and I traditionally like the Holiday Inn Express chain of hotels since the internet and breakfast make travel easier. This hotel is an above average property except for 1 feature - the rooms have no air conditioning. If the window was kept ajar, the heat level improved, but the noise level was unacceptable. Construction is occurring right outside of the hotel, and the extremely noisy construction started between 6-6:30am. If the window was closed to avoid the noise, the temperature in the room became very uncomfortable.
1. LOCATION: The location of the hotel is great even though it is not in the center of the city. The hotel is 2 stops away from the airport (about 7-10 minute duration), and trains leave to and from the airport every few minutes. It is only 1 stop on the train from the Central station, and the system is very easy to navigate. Of note for the Americans, a credit card with a chip is needed to purchase train tickets.
2. CLEANLINESS: A very clean hotel.
3. HOTEL STAFF: The hotel staff is outstanding even though they are young. They are enthusiastic, and they genuinely try to help. I come to the Netherlands several times per year, and the staff was better here than at higher priced hotels.
1. LACK OF AIR CONDITIONING: This factor would keep me from staying here again during the summer.
2. BATHROOM AMENITIES: Below average with combined soap and shampoo from a dispenser. After sweating all night in the room due to the heat, a bar of soap would have been nice. Bring your own soap and shampoo.
3. LOCAL AREA: While the location is great for going to the airport and the city center, there are few non-fast food restaurants in the area, and it is difficult to find a location within walking distance for a business meeting. The front desk will help guests order food from local restaurants which can be delivered to the hotel.
SUMMARY: I would stay here again after the construction is complete. Until the construction is complete, you may want to face the railroad station as it was quieter than the construction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Sloterdijk Station is now open!The hotel is ideally located on top of one of the main train stations of Amsterdam. With great connections from the Airport terminal building by train (every few minutes in 8 minutes door to door) and excellent onward connections within 5 minutes to Amsterdam Central Station (50 times an hour by either train, metro, tram and bus) it has never been so easy to enjoy Amsterdam without worrying to much about your budget. The train on your doorstep will bring you into the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam city centre within 5 minutes where you can enjoy famous sites like the Dam square, Anne Frank House, Portuguese Synagogue, Van Gogh Museum, famous canals (grachten), Rijksmuseum, canal boat rides, Begijnenhof, red light district, Bijenkorf, shopping, sightseeing and clubbing at your convenience. With spacious, well-furnished rooms offering great bedding and walk in shower and modern equipment like LCD TVs with satellite TV, free Wi-Fi (in the whole hotel), free coffee/tea facilities and free Continental breakfast, this hotel is your best central point to start your journey into so many main destinations like Amsterdam, Haarlem, The Hague, etc in the Netherlands. Next to the parking spaces at the hotel our guests will also find special low-cost parking facilities next to the hotel and the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.