The first time i had stayed on a boat and i loved it!
The reception staff were very helpful apart from the Chinese lady who could have made more of an effort. The Cabin / room was small but really nice, clean and comfortable.
The bed was very firm and bigger than expected - the pillows were the only let down as they were very thin. The view from the room was excellent with a view of a submarine. Bathroom was a little small but shower had good pressure. A little bit of noise from other guests but to be honest it did not really bother us.
There is a TV in the room, be aware this had an adult movie channel if you are traveling with children. No hairdryer and no tea and coffee. There is a vending machine for chocolate, beer and soft drinks and a great bar service. Breakfast was really nice continental and English breakfast and the guys are really friendly.
To get to the Botel take the free ferry! Basically go out the back of central station cross the road, watch out for cyclists as they do not stop and will shout at you! Go to your left and take the furthest ferry on the left, it takes 12 mins and then 5 mins if that to get to the Botel, which you can see from the ferry. The ferry's are very regular and run from 0700- late.
We went out in the morning and came back late afternoon and then out again for the evening and it was no problem at all. There is a bar close by to the Botel if you do not feel like going back out and the bar at the Botel also does food.
Public transport in Amsterdam is way better than in the UK - always on time, clean and comfortable, we got a tram pass for two days and used all the transport links.
If your looking for a more comfortable hotel in the city center then perhaps this is not the one for you but if you don't mind taking a short ferry ride and having a smaller room then this will work well for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Nozio Netplan srl, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam