Just returned home from a lovely long weekend to Amsterdam. My daughter and I stayed on the Amstel Botel. I would definitely stay again and so would my daughter. We both enjoyed our stay. The bathroom was small but we managed. People seem to forget it is a boat you are staying on not in a five star luxury hotel you pay for what you get. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. I found the staff polite and helpful. The ferry connections over to Central Station was really good. Sunday they don't run until after 9:30am. If you need to get over early ask Reception to arrange for the shuttle bus which takes you to the Station. I personally found it better to stay the other side of the pier you were away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. We were peckish in the evening at the Botel Bar you can purchase Toasties / Chips. The Amstel Botel was very easy to find. From Schiphol Airport get the train direct to Amsterdam Central only a few stops. Signs for the ferry are easy to follow basically come out the back of central station (walk through the turnstiles) turn left and you go to the last Pier 4th on left the ferry you need to catch is "NDSM" which signposted on the front of the ferry. It takes 10/15 mins ride over to the other side of the Pier and the Botel is a five minute walk you can see it as you get off the ferry its on your left. Saturday was a bank holiday in Amsterdam "Kings Day" if you do not like masses don't go. I think the whole of Holland descended into Amsterdam it was manic. Shops and Tourist things to do were shut, so we missed a day. If you like to Party go for the experience. Everyone was dressed in the National Colour Orange it was all day / night of parties. I have to say the Dutch were lovely and very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Amstel Botel is Amsterdam's floating hotel. Stay in our hotel with unique design in appearance. We are located in the center of Amsterdam just 3 minutes walk from the Central Railway Station and 18 minutes ride from Amsterdam Airport, which offers a splendid opportunity to discover Amsterdam's history, culture and beauty. The Amstel Botel has 175 rooms, smoking and non-smoking rooms available, all with toilet/shower, hot/cold water, safe, AM/FM clock radio, writing desk, telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Amstel Botel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amstel Botel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amstel Botel Alkmaar
- Amstel Botel Hotel Alkmaar
- Botel Amsterdam